Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I’m still wearing the old slippers at the moment with the backs trodden down under my heels to cover the holes in the soles. 😆 I do like slipper socks but no good for popping outside to the bins or put washing out. I usually wear flip flops in the summer but it’s too cold now so it’s socks & slippers. I will pop to town once I’m feeling better & get some new slippers in shoe zone. They are usually on my Christmas list but these old ones will not last that long. 

It was pouring with rain all morning but the sun has now come out. It’s still chilly so I am wrapped up in jumper & zipped hoodie & sat in the kitchen which gets the afternoon sun through the patio doors 😊 I have had a very lazy day on the sofa, watching tv & browsing on MSE. I did wash up lots of plastic takeaway pots that have had meals in from freezer, but apart from that I have done very little ☺️

0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good you deserve a rest. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    The plans for the bedroom sound great. Food is yum. I am not setting foot outside while it is raining and it is by me!!!! Have a good day.
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Not long now until you start decorating then.
    It's great being able to make up meals going along, another one that's got my belly rumbling!
    Enjoy your relaxed day.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 October 2020 at 9:26AM
    Options
    Yes it’s pouring here too. Waterproof trousers, wellies, waterproof thermal lined coat & hood up 😁 just back from dog walking & rubbing her dry with old dog towels. 

I’m going to have a go at making fish pie today. I have “cook from frozen” cod which takes 4 mins in microwave and I will make a sauce with “philly” style cheese thinned with a bit of milk & broccoli & peas, then top with cheesy mash & serve with cabbage. 

Have put a pound on this week. Not really surprised as my eating has been all over the place plus takeaway & chocolate as I have been ill. So will forget it & move on. 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Skinty
    Yes, battling the weather to take the dog out, I can relate! I think mine is part otter as she doesn't seem to notice it is coming down horizontally, and takes her time sniffing every blade of grass whilst I shiver and mutter next to her! :/

:) Used to love fish pie, that sounds really nice, just what you need to warm up with this weather.

I refuse to say how many stress eating pounds I have gained, as I may sob...! Chocolate is definitely for medicinal purposes only, and takeaway for when you don't want to crawl far from the sofa, or even look in the kitchen.... hope you are feeling better soon...
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dinner sounds good.
    Hopefully you are both dried off now.
    Weight is difficult to regulate when I'll, as Ren says you have to eat what you can quickly get / face eating. It will work itself off again soon.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    You are much fitter than me as you are walking i am getting lifts to work and not walking unless its to the supermarket so you weigh less than me. 
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Fish pie was yum on Sunday. Dry dog walk this morning (Monday) & rain after lunch. Felt cold & shivery after work so I didn’t go shopping. Ordered some food from coop delivered £13.48. Should have enough meals for 7 days. Will just need more milk & bananas in a few days. 

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback