New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.4K replies 177.9K views

Replies

• edited 12 August at 8:43PM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 August at 8:43PM
    Very muggy here tonight & sky is violet colour. Thunderstorms have been forecast but hot again tomorrow so not clearing the air. 

Food today 
    B - cheese & bacon turnover 🤦‍♀️ (Last one from freezer probably high in fat but tasted lovely)
    S - strawberries 
    L - belly pork, 🤦‍♀️fries, 🤦‍♀️ green beans/peas/cabbage & gravy 😋
    S - frozen banana
    D - cottage cheese, ham, rocket, cucumber & 3 oatcakes (decided to try oatcakes instead of crackers as they are low in sugar high in fibre)

Am trying to make healthier choices cutting down on fat & sugar but it’s hard!
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ground outside is wet so we must have had a little rain but haven’t heard any thunder. Just waiting for the dogs breakfast to settle so I can take her out. We have to wait 2 hours after food to avoid bloat. 

Am waiting for DS & his gf’s bills money on 16th to work out what I have left this month. 

I will get DS to move the chest freezer in the kitchen/ diner before he goes to work today so I can clean the final wall & Mask up the skirting & hope to get one coat of paint below the dado rail today & final coat tomorrow. The roller & paintbrush are wrapped in cling film to avoid washing & drying out. 

My next lunch out is next Tuesday. Haven’t seen this friend since Christmas. Also the friend I went out with yesterday is having a socially distanced gathering of a couple of mutual friends in her garden on Saturday. (If it’s not raining!) so I may go along for that & will need some food & drink to take. 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have just download the lidl plus app for £5 off £25 in this weeks MSE weekly email 🤗 I don’t normally shop at lidl but worth doing for £5 off & I want to stock up on nuts. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your gatherings sound good, more controlled than the ones you were unsure about. You come across more comfortable about attending them 😊

That's a nice bonus. Their bread products are good! My fave was the low GI bread; used to shop in L1d1 when I lived at the first flat.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was cooler outside this morning. Took puppy dog round the lanes & she was bounding through the long grass. 😆 Met her friend the guide dog on the way home and they had a little play as he was off duty / off lead. Then we sat on a bench by the pond so puppy dog could watch the birds 🦢 

No rain here or any storm. It was cooler than recent days due to the cloud but still muggy. Hoping the air will freshen up tomorrow as the temperature drops. 

DS pulled out the chest freezer so I have prepped the final walls for painting tomorrow. Just had a lazy day otherwise and really enjoyed it 😊 

food today 
    Thursday 
    B - 1 egg scrambled 2 sausages, seeded bread toasted with butter.  7 strawberries
    S - banana
    L - tuna mayo jacket potato (no butter) salad, 2 slices pineapple
    S - beef slices, 3 oatcakes & cottage cheese 
    D - half pack bbq ribs, corn on the cob (plain) 
    Exercise - dog walk 1 hour 10 mins 

Managed my 5 a day today 🤗 Got bananas & strawberries (on offer) in Aldi when I went shopping on wed plus melon from super six, tinned pineapple & tinned peaches in juice. Would usually have bought chocolate 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much cooler today and has been raining for a couple of hours after got back from dog walk. It’s lovely 😊 Walked for over an hour today. 

Breakfast today was ham, onion & cheese on toast. Remembered to use “half grill” setting to save electricity. Also had a banana. 

Painted last walls in dining area. A final coat tomorrow & should be finished 🤗 Will continue painting into kitchen area next holiday. 

Went to local shop for a card for work team colleague as his mum has passed away. 

Didn’t buy any chocolate, cakes or crisps. Am having a bit of a chocolate muffin craving at the moment 🤨

Lunch was aldee spicy chicken wings & strawberries with low fat yoghurt. Dinner will be fajitas with a wrap from the freezer. I froze the remainder of a pack before they went off. Chicken, peppers, courgettes & onions. No sour cream or cheese but will add some chopped fresh plum tomatoes. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Skinty. I kept wondering what you were all up to whilst at parents and now I know. You have decorated which is great. I love hearing about this healthy food. I was a bit down today to be back and getting ready for work which is this week but your food posts especially cheered me up. I am going to try to eat a healthier diet too. It sounds like you have recovered from your fall which is great. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like love is in the air with PD 😁
    Well done for getting your painting done 🤗
    Food sounds great and it's fantastic you resisted buying snacks.

Hope you have lovely weather the weekend 🌞
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you back SW 😊 I’m trying my best with food choices. I have to have another blood test end Sept / October so will be interesting to see if it makes any difference. If not I may ask to be referred to a dietician. All the information online is confusing so I’m just trying to eat 5 a day & cut down on sugar & fat. 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    6.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I've noticed, which may or may not help you. Watch your carbs, try not to have a bread based product every day.