New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.4K replies 178K views

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been very warm, but you have got your painting prep started which is the difficult part.
    Sounds like you needed the rest and I hope you enjoy your lunch 😊
  • edited 11 August at 6:37AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 August at 6:37AM
    Walked the dog early yesterday and there was a nice cool breeze. Then did an hours painting. Finished the second coat of paint on the wall with the radiator and am most perplexed that it looks a different colour from the top half! Same tin of paint, same brush/ roller? May give the bottom half a 3rd coat, will see how it looks later when it is full daylight. 

Drove to the petrol station with fingers crossed & orange empty petrol light on. Decided to just put in £15 instead of £20 which should be more than enough to cover my remaining planned outings for the rest of August. 

Then met up with friends for socially distanced lunch. Food was lovely I had steak, chips, onion rings, salad, coleslaw. A few naughty bits but only had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast & some frozen banana in the evening, so not too bad a day. 

Was lovely to see friends & catch up and have a good laugh. Also had a refillable Pepsi max which was free refills and had 3 glasses in total. We were all surprised to find it was suddenly 5.30pm and even more surprised when the bill for 3 meals and 3 (Soft) drinks each came to £18! Friends insisted on splitting the bill 3 ways equally even though my meal was more expensive so it worked in my favour even though I protested, cost £6 Each ! We had a lovely outside table by the marina with a parasol & a cool breeze 😊 was a lovely chilled afternoon, just what I needed. 

Went out for an evening stroll round the pond with puppy dog & DS’s gf when I got home. 

Food 
    B - 2 eggs scrambled 
    S - tinned pineapple (10am)
    S - slice of cooked chicken, few slices of cucumber & bit of rocket (12pm)
    L - steak chips salad onion rings coleslaw (Late lunch about 3pm)
    S - Frozen banana 
    Exercise = 30 mins dog walk
    1 hour painting 
    15 mins evening stroll
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The paint is down to reflections, shading from furniture, the way light hits the room and where you stand when looking at it.

When the empty warning light comes on, you have got quite a bit left, although it varies car to car. If you want to know how many miles search engine size model fuel warning light to empty; mine has over 30 miles before it will conk out.

Oooh, lunch sounded great. It's seems to have recharged your batteries. Have you arranged another meet up 😊
    There's a link on MSE somewhere which lets you check areas / postcodes to see who is participating in the eat out thing.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve put a 3rd coat on the bottom of the radiator wall & it is still a different shade to the top. I think it’s because the bottom was a darker matt green and the top was a silk “Apple white”. The top is now a very zingy lime and the bottom is a muted lime which I actually prefer. Will live with it for a while but have a feeling I may paint to top back to “Apple white”.  Just the bottom of the chimney breast & alcove to do. 

I had already driven puppy dog to the foreshore the other day with the petrol light on so I wasn’t sure how much was left. I’d love to have a car that gives you an actual figure of miles left but I don’t want to spend that sort of money. I can cope without as I live near several petrol stations. Thankfully it’s not like I’m out in the sticks & would be stranded. 

I have arranged lunches with other friends this month but not the same ones from yesterday. Tomorrow is the next one 😊 with my friend in the next street along. Our boys went to school together. Not sure where we are going yet. Most of the places round here are taking part. 

JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • ginnyknitginnyknit Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our latest car ( a bargain) gives you all sorts of information and luckily Im not the driver because Im now addicted to reading what it says as we go along. I like the sound of the paint, zingy lime sounds fab.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a lovely colour just wish the bottom half of the wall looked the same colour as the top half! 

Phoned the vets today they sent claim to insurers in wrong format / encrypted & insurer cannot open it. Vet has now sent paper form we gave them to insurer so there will be a bit of a delay. 

Food today
    B - cheese on seeded toast 
    S - 2 slices tinned pineapple
    L - chicken & salad wrap & tinned sweetcorn 
    S - tinned peaches in juice
    D - Frozen microwave hot pot bought reduced to clear a few weeks ago from coop Down from £2.75 to £1.37 with some broccoli & leeks in cheese sauce also from freezer, batch cooked a few weeks ago & Frozen banana for pud. 
    Exercise = walk 40 mins
    Painting = 1 hour 10 mins 
    Evening stroll with dog 20 mins. Just going now 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest painting a dado / picture rail on the wall to separate the two colours, but can already feel the stare from you!

Ummm tinned fruit, yum!
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MF I will forgive you as I haven’t mentioned my dado rail since 7 August 😂😂 Thats why I mention painting the top half & the bottom half of the walls. I think it looks odd to me as I know it’s meant to be the same colour above & below the dado rail. Everyone else probably wouldn’t notice. 😆

Walked puppy dog this morning while it was cooler. Then went to Aldee first time in weeks & did a weekly shop. Stocked up on a few things didn’t get online previously. Cost £50.77. Some items will carry over for the rest of the month. 

Met a friend for lunch which was lovely. 50% off food & drinks. Lovely afternoon sat outside with refillable Pepsi max. Parking was a bit vague I had to give registration when we arrived rather than key it in and no one could give me a time limit. Took photo of parking signs & no time limit on them. Hopefully will be ok am trying not to think about it. This is the silly sort of thing that causes me anxiety but have kept my receipt. Kicking myself that I didn’t get staff member to read registration back to me. Will not let it spoil the day 
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did I miss that part of your post 🙈  think It's normally one half is white and the other a colour, or is that picture rails 🤔

It has been hot today.  Sounds like the perfect day for lunch.

Try not to fret about parking, you have your proof.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The top half was “Apple white” the bottom half “sage green” I couldn’t find a similar match in store & liked the zingy lime so bought 2 tins of same colour & thought I was saving money. 🙄
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE