NST: Sailing into September

Comments

• Monday and today were NSD so I'm at 12/14. I might just do it!!

I've not been updating much as my internet has been very sporadic but it seems to be back up and running now! Fingers crossed it stays like this.

Spends - I'm nearly there! Really happy about that - I've never really managed so many NSD so I am really pleased with this!!!

Presents - apart from Christmas lists that's all be done really. My last day at work was today (new job Monday) - and if I was being really thrifty I could use some of the presents I received for Christmas.... A big box of biscuits I got don't go out of date until next year and I'm not particularly keen on all the flavours... That does make me feel a little tight though!

Time - I tried on some Wedding Dresses this weekend to see what would look good with my friends. A lovely girly day out!

Reading - I've re-read last Game of Thrones book. It was really good, as I remember. :)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Spends - Nothing spent today :D

Eats - All food from home except my lunch which work paid for

Presents - Nothing bought but I have started to put a list together for DS gifts and stocking fillers and some items to suggest to the GPs when I am asked what to get him

Time - Plannng a bike ride with DS on Saturday as DH out fishing all day

Empty - Will aim to do another drawer tomorrow

Meet - Nothing to report

Bed - Will finish the bedroom sort out tomorrow

Exercise - Been out with the dog and hit my 10,000 steps

Reading -Reading every day:)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Good evening!

Luckily got outbid on one item on ebay that was more a want than a need. Also bidding on a new pair of winter boots for DD. That spurnt me on to try and sell sth too. Put up two pairs of DD winter boots that i bought on ebay last year but are still sellable. On top of this I put up a pair of nice vintage doc martens that were an impulse buy last year but are too big. Depending on how these are all doing I might get motivated to look for more stuff. Scanned some books with ziffit but the where all literally worthless.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Monday was payday so all next months budgets have been sorted. I have dropped money into our various pots (car, christmas, EF etc) and saved £390 too. I bought DS some winter boots on ebay for £10, leather and barely worn as is the case with most kids things. I bought some Clarks suede boots for me in the CS for £10, quite pricey for a CS purchase for me but they are lovely and again hardly worn (why don't people get their moneys worth from things?).

I have read two books so far this month, the first was Dean Koontz 'The Husband' and the second was Kate Riordan 'The Shadow Hour'. The second was a bit of a departure from my usual subject matter but is was very Rebecca-esque and I totally love Daphne Du Maurier books, the House on the Strand being my favourite.

I haven't come across that one. Loved Rebecca. And another of hers which my memory won't bring to mind....
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 29 September 2016 at 1:09AM
    New Thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5532832

Formatting isn't perfect but when I tried to edit it, I lost the whole lot (luckily had it elsewhere) so leaving it imperfect.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    mothernerd, I hope you're getting enough sleep, even if it is in little bits :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Hi everyone

Another sfd yesterday, not sure how many I have done but it's definitely more than a 'normal' month!

Was paid yesterday so budgets done this morning, when looking at my bank statements my spends are on food and bits and bob's, I'm really carp with money and I think having a cushion has left me becoming too complacent so this pay period I'm going cold turkey with the help of next month's challenge, I must get it back in control!!!!

Today will be another sfd, as I'm waiting in for the gas man and then going to the lottie, lots of clearing to do down there for the winter months, oh whilst I was there yesterday I was clearing around the butternut squash and found a giant one ready for picking, I've never seen one this big and I'll be eating it forever!!!!!!
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Lost my SFD to pillows, as my sleeping is rubbish lately

Fed up of my pancake ones so ordered some from M & S. That way I get free delivery and a whole afternoon to myself.

Plan to go for a nice scenic walk NT garden, have friends dog to walk later but its only got little legs so will collect after done a decent walk by myself.

So glad off work this afternoon think I would snap if my name gets shouted again, come to the conclusion I am only one who does anything or has the know how in this office. :mad:
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Just checking in with all the usual, plus manflu on top of everything else. Managing work but otherwise just sleeping a lot.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have spent today on a Mr S delivery to use a £10 voucher but this will come out of my October budget.

I have finally sorted out the office/tv room/4th bedroom and it looks fab. We all went and sat in it for a bit this evening before we took the dog out for a walk.

I have done 10 press ups and am on 13,500 steps so far today :)

Nothing on TV tonight so will read some more of my book. I wont make it to 5 books read as there is 1000 pages in this one :eek:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills