NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• WelshKitty85
    Options
    Hi turtles!

Can I please join again for September?

Things haven't gone quite to plan here with the debt repayment and I disappeared as I didn't want to admit it - to you guys, or to myself! We have managed to clear all our cc's now apart from my spending cc that I usually clear each month. However, we have built up a balance on that of nearly £2000 which now needs tackling. The main reason for this has been to fund a training course for DH as he has been pretty much guaranteed a well paying job once he has this qualification. However, I'm still budgeting based on just my income until he has a contract in his hand, so things are a bit tight for the time being.

Will read back on what you have all been up to and be back with my plan for the month.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SFD number 3.

Took 4 books back to the library and brought 4 back. They had changed all the displays and there were so many things I wanted. Will concentrate on working through the practical ones I have which have already been extended once. If I disappear for a while I will be on the planet Dune (never read it before).

Otherwise a quiet domestic day. DS3 called to pick up his parcels (spare chair now free - it was the couch last time) and accumulated a pile for the plastic recycling.

Today I am grateful for thought provoking sci-fi (story written in 1966 based on problems of over-population, pollution and oil consumption - in 1950 the USA represented 9% of the world population but was consuming 50% of the world's raw materials), hot baths (was going to slob about as the weather wasn't great but changed my mind) and the autumn nip in the air warning me to get prepared (loving my chunky wrap around cardi).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    Hope it's not too late to join, feel like I'm ready to take on the challenge! I'll work on my aims for the month and post tomorrow.
    Thanks Ramble x
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Florence J – Every year I want to cover Xmas with Amazon vouchers but never manage it. I am hoping this year I will have more time for surveys and manage to get some.

Fmess – baths…..I actually hate going on holiday because after a few days I need a bath and am stuck with a shower. My DH would prefer a shower but I need my baths!!

WelshKitty85 – of course you can join. Never be embarrassed to come on here and admit things, we are not judgemental, just supportive.

Had a spend day today, had to pop to supermarket to get bits for DS' pack up for next week and GF bread for me. As I have been today I won't need to go tomorrow.
    Also brought fish and chips for tea as a little treat as DS' GF has her new job (checked back and our last fish and chip tea was 23/7 so not doing too bad with this)

Have had my bath and just off to start reading one of my library books.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A quote for today:

''Keep your head up! It's easy to get down on yourself, but don't let a tough day or a mean person ruin your mood. Stay focused on your long-term vision and rules for your life to energize you every morning and keep you going through long afternoons, hectic weekends, and late nights. Stay strong, push on, and never give up on what is important to you.''

Love this apple, thank you so much! I've taken a pic of it and will read it often.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spends – DH paid for tea and cake in town and Mr T delivery was in the budget. Does this count as a NSD?

Eating – menu plan for September complete and Mr T delivery arrived for week 1.

Presents – box of cards and last years list retrieved from storage. Haven't opened it yet...

Time – DH out for a gig so loads of me-time. Of course I have spent it cleaning!

Empty – Cleared all of the junk and building stuff/tools out of the kitchen. Emptied one more bin bag - now my handbags are hanging on wardrobe door handles as we have no bedrom doors and no hooks!

Meet – messaged a friend I go walking with and someone has started a FB group organising a school reunion...this may be a step too far :eek:

Bed– cleaned bedroom. Went to look at getting a new bed but wasn't impressed. Haven't stepped foot in the garden as it's piddling down!

Exercise – Walked around town to bed shop and bank :o Weather is so terrible even the dogs don't want to go out.

Reading – One book returned and another collected. Need to get stick in to Dominion tonight because it's been reserved.

Not a bad start :D
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Day 3

Did some shopping today - £65 but got quite a bit of food in! Still need extra bits though so still at 2/14 NSD.
    On a positive note though I've got list sorted for Christmas pressies - Worked out how much this is going to cost - family (mine - not including Tom will be max £260 but I hope it will be significantly lower than that - I've included max spends on this)

Ive done next to no exercise today though - Not felt great at all and couldn't sleep last night so had a lazy day cuddled up on sofa. This will improve tomorrow if cramping goes away.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lauralozzle - snap with the cramping :( I hope tomorrow is better for you,

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spends/Budget – £124 in Mr T on massive stock up shop for the month and £10 on a back-to-school haircut for DS.
    Eating – Nothing used up as the cupboards were bare
    Presents – Decided to go back next week and get the items I saw for friends daughters in B&M
    Time for me/exercise - 35 minute run this morning. Running makes my brain switch off which, as it is normally going at full pelt all the time, a good thing:)
    Empty – No progress on this today
    Meet – Texted a friend and confirmed will be going on next year's girly holiday to celebrate other friends big birthday
    Bed– calculated I only need 2 rolls of the expensive wallpaper for DS room, got the number of a friend's husband who is a decorator
    Exercise – see me time above
    Reading - will read some more of my book tonight. I am really enjoying it

Took our old fridge and a roller blind to the tip and cleaned downstairs today. Still need to do the kitchen and conservatory floor but as I am having the kitchen plastered on Monday it seems a bit pointless to do the kitchen.

Will be spending again tomorrow as hoping to sign DS up for some Rugby training but have so far managed to spend within budget. I also need to fit in a 10k run and prep for my interview on Tuesday!
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    I had a spend day today- needed a birthday present for 2 parties this weekend. Used a voucher for money off so not too bad.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport