Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Max68
    Max68 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Is Now TV any good?  Does it offer Sky Sports?  and is it a sat box, dongle or aerial?
  • Peppa537
    Peppa537 Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    Max68 said:
    Is Now TV any good?  Does it offer Sky Sports?  and is it a sat box, dongle or aerial?
    Now TV is a streaming online only service, so you need to use the app on a firestick, smart TV etc. They don't supply a box. You can get Sky Sports on it but don't need to subscribe to the entertainment package as well, you're also not tied in on a contract so can cancel anytime. It's owned by Sky so has everything they offer apart from UHD. 
  • Ratinthekitchen
    Ratinthekitchen Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Max68 said:
    Now TV is a streaming online only service, so you need to use the app on a firestick, smart TV etc. They don't supply a box. You can get Sky Sports on it but don't need to subscribe to the entertainment package as well, you're also not tied in on a contract so can cancel anytime. It's owned by Sky so has everything they offer apart from UHD. 
    Thats not quite true. Unlike Sky Q signature pack Now TV doesnt include the freeview channels eg BBC, ITV so you still need an aerial or freesat service to get these. This is one area where the convenience of sky wins 
  • Peppa537
    Peppa537 Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Max68 said:
    Thats not quite true. Unlike Sky Q signature pack Now TV doesnt include the freeview channels eg BBC, ITV so you still need an aerial or freesat service to get these. This is one area where the convenience of sky wins 
    I know, I said entertainment not Signature. Anyway you still don't need that first on NowTV to get Sports. 
  • NotCalledJohn
    Options
    A week after my Q was disconnected, I've been offered £22 for Stream, including Netflix, and a bunch of other discounts (£10 for Cinema, £18 for Sport etc). Also, bizarrely, an option for broadband at £38 when I could get it for at least £10 less elsewhere. I was only going to stay if offered a broadband and TV deal similar to new customers, so still not attractive.
  • Max68
    Max68 Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all.  My aerial is knickered so need a box of some sort.  Must admit I'll see what they offer when I eventually cancel but if £68 is the lowest they will go I may just take it but get rid of Cinema which will knock £9 or £10 off.  I believe that Sky Store is a separate store where you can individually buy or rent movies at an extra cost, regardless of your subscription so if something takes my fancy can do that like the good old days of video or DVD rental!  I find Sky Cinema a bit repetitive and there are plenty of films on Netflix or Prime.
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Max68 said:
    Or you use the catch-up Apps which all have live feeds of the various channels. There may be some niche channels that you can't watch live online but they're few and far beyond.
  • minority
    minority Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    2 days till my contracts up.

I have 3 mini boxes and sky q with signature pack uhd hd pack and netflix premium.  I am also with bt for broadband and tried to get sky to match bt offer but failed (£75) for their tv and bb offer.

Sky wanted £83 for my current package plus 500mb bb but that seem poor whwn bt give me movies and xbox game pass for taking their service.

Prefer the convince of sky but I say there 1 person in house uses maybe mtv and whatever other reality channel is and rest is all netflix it not worth having these days when I already have disney, amazon and netflix so torn on whether even try especially when I want spend no more than 70
  • Duggo
    Duggo Posts: 53 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A few days since I put the cancellation in. Had an email offering signature, cinema and sports for £49.50.  But it’s another £4.50 for ultimate and £8 for hd and uhd. 🤦‍♀️ so £62. Is it worth holding out a bit longer?
  • minority
    minority Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Duggo said:
    A few days since I put the cancellation in. Had an email offering signature, cinema and sports for £49.50.  But it’s another £4.50 for ultimate and £8 for hd and uhd. 🤦‍♀️ so £62. Is it worth holding out a bit longer?
    I have now officially cancelled and my sky has !!!!!! off.....bit of grumbling from the eldest daughter as netflix went with it lol.

Anyway i haggled with them on phone a week or so before my cancellation date and the offer did not change.

Do I have to wait for the boxes to come to send stuff back and haggle then or do I just phone someone now?

Might go with bt there offer was better with xbox game pass and stuff added it was actually cheaper than sky.  Not as many channels but I don't think anyone watches tv in my house bar netflix etc however the wife disagrees

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback