Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    By the way, for anyone cancelling Sky broadband and going to Virgin BB, their Virgin Streaming box has the Now TV app on it which I believe the V6 boxes & 360 boxes don't. So it gives you another option, it's supposedly much better than the Sky Stream box as well as Comcast built theirs down to a price (cheap & nasty).
  • ididgetwhereiamtoday
    Options
    Now tv is not on virgin stream. That would conflict with Virgin supplying Sky channels through their own subscription service. 
    Virgin stream is good but it you can’t ‘record’ like you can on Sky Stream. 
  • pmets
    pmets Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just been on Live Chat for almost an hour, trying to get our Sky bill down, and was offered a discount of 50 pence on what we pay now, plus an sdmin fee of £20. That was talking to the Retentions team too!!
  • Grav15
    Grav15 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    live chat rententions are not the same as the Scottish call centre. You need to get on the phone to them. 
  • pmets
    pmets Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ll try that, thankyou. Fingers crossed they offer me a better deal
  • sheffieldeagle
    sheffieldeagle Posts: 561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi

What's the Scottish call centre number please? I've spoken to them before and was very impressed but I just got transferred there.

Cheers
  • JSmithy45AD
    Options
    Hi

What's the Scottish call centre number please? I've spoken to them before and was very impressed but I just got transferred there.

Cheers
    I don't think there's a specific number for them, I think if you say nothing when you phone up you'll be passed to a real person and that may be more likely to lead you to the Scottish call centre.
  • JSmithy45AD
    Options
    Now tv is not on virgin stream. That would conflict with Virgin supplying Sky channels through their own subscription service. 
    Virgin stream is good but it you can’t ‘record’ like you can on Sky Stream. 
    Yeah, you may be right there. When I looked some sites say it is, but mostly they say it isn't. I'll hopefully have mine shortly when the BB is installed and have a proper look.

As far as I can see, the Virgin Stream works just like the Sky Stream box in that you can add stuff to your playlist and watch from the start (perhaps dependant on source).
  • Ratinthekitchen
    Ratinthekitchen Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pmets said:
    I have just been on Live Chat for almost an hour, trying to get our Sky bill down, and was offered a discount of 50 pence on what we pay now, plus an sdmin fee of £20. That was talking to the Retentions team too!!
    Was what you pay now an 18 month deal. I'd take that as a result tbh ie no increase. They wanted an extra £22 a month for me. I'd have gladly taken a 50p deduction.

(if you are out of contract on full price now then I take that back!) 
  • Silverking
    Silverking Posts: 20 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I cancelled over the phone today, they offered:

Signature - £24.50
    Sports - £22.00
    HD - £7.00

£53.50

I was paying £45.50 before the price rise in April and it's going to £80.50 next month. They did say I wouldn't have to pay the admin charge as I'm a 'VIP customer'.

I still told them to cancel as I think that's too much.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback