Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Max68
    Max68 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yeah, thanks, I'm going away for a couple of weeks so knowing Sky I didn't want any nasty surprises upon my return.  At least if I cancel 31days before I'll have four weeks at home to "try" and haggle!
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 9 May at 10:58AM
    Options
    My turn to dance the dance with Sky. We're just inside the 31 days notice period and I put notice in to cancel today.

This was the best offer via chat. I didn't bother with phoning for now as I know i'll need to give notice first to get the best offers.

Signature is normally £36.50, but you'll pay £25.50 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

Sky Sports in HD is normally £39, but you'll pay £22 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

Sky Cinema is normally £13 with Sky Sports, but you'll pay £9. This offer is for 18 months

Sky HD is normally £9, but you'll pay £4 This offer is for 18 months

Sky Ultimate TV Boost to Netflix Standard with No Ads is normally £10.50, but you'll pay £8.50. This offer is for 18 months.

Paramount+ normally £6.99 but it's included with Sky Cinema at no extra cost

Sky Broadband Superfast is normally £43, but you'll pay £29 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

Line Rental £0

Sky Pay As You Talk £0 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

It brings your total to £98.00 a month. Your offers will start today. A one-off admin fee of £20 will be added to your next bill.

Just so you know, all our offers are correct today but can change.

How's that for you?

I said it was too expensive and they offered to remove the £20 admin fee, but that was as low as they would go.

They did have one last try before cancelling

Your tv service will be cancelled on 09/06/2024 and broadband services will be cancelled on 07/06/2024

Do I go ahead and place the cancel order?

Just so you know once the account is in cancellation you'll not get the same offer and the bills will be not £98.00

I've already decided to take Broadband elsewhere, but lets see what happens with the TV.

• Rufff
    Rufff Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just let mine cancel down fully now.

Offers have been pants. They won't even come close to VM's Bigger Combo bundle.

Everytime I phone, or go on live chat, I get the same spiel that they can't price match because sky are losing money hand-over-fist.

Apparently new customer deals are just that now. The explanation I got was it's just 'introductory pricing' to 'help customers decide what package they need' after which you're expected to pay full price?

Guess I'm going full cord-cutter.  B)
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    My turn to dance the dance with Sky. We're just inside the 31 days notice period and I put notice in to cancel today.

This was the best offer via chat. I didn't bother with phoning for now as I know i'll need to give notice first to get the best offers.

Signature is normally £36.50, but you'll pay £25.50 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

Sky Sports in HD is normally £39, but you'll pay £22 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

Sky Cinema is normally £13 with Sky Sports, but you'll pay £9. This offer is for 18 months

Sky Ultimate TV Boost to Netflix Standard with No Ads is normally £10.50, but you'll pay £8.50. This offer is for 18 months.

Sky Broadband Superfast is normally £43, but you'll pay £29 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months

Line Rental £0

It brings your total to £98.00 a month. Your offers will start today. A one-off admin fee of £20 will be added to your next bill.

How's that for you?

I said it was too expensive and they offered to remove the £20 admin fee, but that was as low as they would go.

Your tv service will be cancelled on 09/06/2024 and broadband services will be cancelled on 07/06/2024

Just so you know once the account is in cancellation you'll not get the same offer and the bills will be not £98.00

I've already decided to take Broadband elsewhere, but lets see what happens with the TV.

Are you sure you want to cancel the BB or should it be a switch? Cancelling is a different kettle of fish entirely.
  • MeteredOut
    edited 9 May at 1:51PM
    Options

Line Rental £0

How's that for you?

Are you sure you want to cancel the BB or should it be a switch? Cancelling is a different kettle of fish entirely.
    Thanks, yes, I realised that shortly after I posted as I forgot switches could take a few weeks (though I have 29 days). To be safe, I got back on chat to un-cancel the BB cancel and they've confirmed that.
  • ImranQ
    ImranQ Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rufff said:
    Just let mine cancel down fully now.

Offers have been pants. They won't even come close to VM's Bigger Combo bundle.

Everytime I phone, or go on live chat, I get the same spiel that they can't price match because sky are losing money hand-over-fist.

Apparently new customer deals are just that now. The explanation I got was it's just 'introductory pricing' to 'help customers decide what package they need' after which you're expected to pay full price?

Guess I'm going full cord-cutter.  B)
    Have you looked at Now TV?
  • joebob
    joebob Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a call from sky today. I left them 18 months ago offered me sky Q with signature and free netflix  £21.50 and £50 credit no admin fee. refused that and he came back with same offer but for £17 so said ok. Then he said ther would be a £99 admin fee politely refused and will wait and see.
  • MeteredOut
    Options
    joebob said:
    Had a call from sky today. I left them 18 months ago offered me sky Q with signature and free netflix  £21.50 and £50 credit no admin fee. refused that and he came back with same offer but for £17 so said ok. Then he said ther would be a £99 admin fee politely refused and will wait and see.
    They must think their customers cannot add up!
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    joebob said:
    £10 or £20 admin fee surely? Where did they pull £99 from?
  • martinbuckley
    martinbuckley Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm 10 days away from disconnection and sky have not been in touch at all to offer me anything to stay.  I had Signature, Netflix and Movies and was paying £37 a month - best deal was £45 a month.  Looks like I will be leaving them after 27 years (although only 12 at this property.  VM isnt an option where I am, but Now TV is and they are offering me Entertainment and Cinema for £4.99 each a month,  I can also get Netflix for £4.99 too, so £14.97 for what I was paying £37 for and sky wants £45 seems a very good deal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback