Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• ScifiDevote
    ScifiDevote Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 7 May at 6:00PM
    Options
    Cancellation completed on Friday 3rd, Just my luck my broadband
    went down the previous night 🤦‍♂️ so spent the weekend relying on 
    Freeview 😰. Luckily Openreach actually fixed it today 🤞. So I rang
    Sky to see if they could offer anything, was told they had been quiet
    today and they could offer:

Signature:    £20
    Full Sports:  £8
    Cinema:       £8
    Full HD:       £7
    UHD:           £2
    Multiroom:   £5

Total:           £50 with £10 admin fee waived and VIP continued at 22 years.

Was unable to offer anything on Netflix but I was not really bothered 
    about that so accepted just in time to watch Man Useless lose again
    probably 😢

Update 7/5:

Well Man Useless fulfilled their destiny and stank 😒 but on a slightly
    better note I noticed an offer on my homescreen for Netflix for £3.5 but
    when I clicked through to accept the price increased to the standard £4.5 🤦‍♂️
    so I rang customer service and they could not see the offer even after I said
    I could e-mail them a photo of the offer but they did agree to credit the account 
    with £18 so it would bring the price down to £3.5 over the 18 months so I accepted.

So, revised deal is:

Signature:    £20
    Full Sports:  £8
    Cinema:       £8
    Full HD:       £7
    UHD:           £2
    Multiroom:   £5
    Netflix(ads): £3.50

Total:           £53.50 with £10 admin fee waived and VIP continued at 22 years.

• Max68
    Max68 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

ScifiDevote  -  That's a great deal.  I only have Signature, Sport, Cinema, HD and Netflix so that deal would cost me £46.50.  I pay £55 now and cheapest they are offering is £68.  When you suggest to Sky that someone else is getting such a such deal so can they match it they always ask for proof so would it be at all possible if you could take a screenshot of your Tv bill page so I could show Sky that they "can" go lower?  Obviously just the prices, no personal details.
  • ScifiDevote
    ScifiDevote Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Max68 said:

ScifiDevote  -  That's a great deal.  I only have Signature, Sport, Cinema, HD and Netflix so that deal would cost me £46.50.  I pay £55 now and cheapest they are offering is £68.  When you suggest to Sky that someone else is getting such a such deal so can they match it they always ask for proof so would it be at all possible if you could take a screenshot of your Tv bill page so I could show Sky that they "can" go lower?  Obviously just the prices, no personal details.
    Hi Max68, 

No problem, I am attaching a photo of the Netflix offer (still showing on my Home screen)
    and a screenshot from my account for the first future bill at the new price since I missed
    the cut-off for this month's DD so next month is for 2 and a bit months.
    You will see it's for £54.50 but as they gave me £18 credit for the Netflix (Ultimate TV Pack)
    offer to bring the Netflix down to £3.5 it brings the net cost down to £53.50

• mits999
    mits999 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they asking for proof ditch them!
  • Max68
    Options
    Thank you really appreciate that, I'll see what they say!!
  • sheffieldeagle
    sheffieldeagle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi

What's the Scottish call centre number please? I've spoken to them before and was very impressed but I just got transferred there.

Cheers
    I don't think there's a specific number for them, I think if you say nothing when you phone up you'll be passed to a real person and that may be more likely to lead you to the Scottish call centre.
    Cheers much appreciated.
  • stitty10
    stitty10 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I am getting nowhere with sky lately.  I currently have Sky Q, mini box, netflix, entertainment package and superfast internet (with discounts) for £68.50.  my contract ends at the start of July and i have called a couple of times now (keep getting put through to the same call centre) and they are offering me nothing that comes close to the price.  closest i have got was £81 and that is taking netflix and HD off.  
    I am running out of time and ideas, ideally like to stay with Sky Q.  I havent done my research with Sky Stream and i def dont need sky glass.
    should i bite the bullet or keep haggling? I do remember getting through to the retentions team in scotland but i cannot get speaking to them on any occasion.
  • ImranQ
    ImranQ Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stitty10 said:
    I am getting nowhere with sky lately.  I currently have Sky Q, mini box, netflix, entertainment package and superfast internet (with discounts) for £68.50.  my contract ends at the start of July and i have called a couple of times now (keep getting put through to the same call centre) and they are offering me nothing that comes close to the price.  closest i have got was £81 and that is taking netflix and HD off.  
    I am running out of time and ideas, ideally like to stay with Sky Q.  I havent done my research with Sky Stream and i def dont need sky glass.
    should i bite the bullet or keep haggling? I do remember getting through to the retentions team in scotland but i cannot get speaking to them on any occasion.
    I was offered a good price after my service shutdown (during the first week) and I had been sent boxes to send the equipment back. These days, you may even have to go through one or two weeks without sky and even be prepared to lose it to get a good price. I would have been prepared to drop Sky and move to Virgin if it needed. Virgin would give you a good price for the first year. Then worst case you can always come back to Sky. 

You are sounding somewhat desperate and you havent even given notice yet! They will *never* give you a good price at this moment in time. You will have to give them notice and perhaps they may offer you something towards the end of the notice. I'd be surprised if Sky sales/marketing don't read these forums...

I would suggest spending a little time to read the past posts in this forum to get an idea of strategy. 

• Max68
    Options
    ScifiDevote  Well I tried with your screenshots, thank you for those, but all I got was "The offers are subjective and keeps on changing however the best I can do is £68 for the package you have currently"  They then kept asking if you had that package before, added to it, all kind of stuff really to not offer a similar deal so I just said I would ring and cancel in June. que sera sera!!
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Max68 said:
    ScifiDevote  Well I tried with your screenshots, thank you for those, but all I got was "The offers are subjective and keeps on changing however the best I can do is £68 for the package you have currently"  They then kept asking if you had that package before, added to it, all kind of stuff really to not offer a similar deal so I just said I would ring and cancel in June. que sera sera!!
    No reason you can't put the cancellation in now for end of minimum term.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback