Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Nova1307
    Nova1307 Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 April at 12:08PM
    Options
    Hi folks, does anyone have the Sky number for Scotland that some have mentioned previously e.g. winback or otherwise? The 31 day notice period has elapsed and we were disconnected yesterday. 

I will also try the online chat (comeback) link posted a couple of pages back to see what they offer and go with the lowest. Are the figures below in brackets achievable based on recent feedback? Assume there will be a £20 admin fee on top which I can live with.

Sky signature (£22.50)
    Sky sports (£14)
    Multiroom (£15)

• Nova1307
    Nova1307 Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Wongus said:
    Struck a deal for:

Signature £22.50 
    Sky Sports in HD £14 
    Sky Cinema £10 
    Sky HD £5

£51.50 total, they would not budge on the £20 admin fee for heaven or earth. 
    Nice work. Was that done via the online chat link shared a couple of pages back or over the telephone?
  • mits999
    mits999 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April at 4:38PM
    Options
    Nova1307 said:
    Hi folks, does anyone have the Sky number for Scotland that some have mentioned previously e.g. winback or otherwise? The 31 day notice period has elapsed and we were disconnected yesterday. 

I will also try the online chat (comeback) link posted a couple of pages back to see what they offer and go with the lowest. Are the figures below in brackets achievable based on recent feedback? Assume there will be a £20 admin fee on top which I can live with.

Sky signature (£22.50)
    Sky sports (£14)
    Multiroom (£15)

I got signature £17 
    hd £0
    kids £0
    sky sports hd £15
    Cinema £5
    tnt sports £21
    ultra hd £1
    netflix ultimate £4.50
    netflix premium £7
    Multiscreen £7

£50 account credit + no admin fee

Had to speak to 3rd Winback advisor to get this deal 

this was through Winback after cut off for 1 day 
  • Duggo
    Duggo Posts: 53 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you cancel and get switched off, then go back, does everything reappear in your planner?
  • marchesini46
    marchesini46 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 April at 6:29PM
    Options
    mits999 said:
    Nova1307 said:

Sky signature (£22.50)
    Sky sports (£14)
    Multiroom (£15)

I got signature £17 
    hd £0
    kids £0
    sky sports hd £15
    Cinema £5
    tnt sports £21
    ultra hd £1
    netflix ultimate £4.50
    netflix premium £7
    Multiscreen £7

£50 account credit + no admin fee

Had to speak to 3rd Winback advisor to get this deal 

this was through Winback after cut off for 1 day 
    That’s a great deal and pretty much what I’m after. I think that deal is worth over £150 per month so a huge saving.  Such a ballache that you actually have to cancel to get this deal 🤷‍♂️.  

Can I ask what deals you were previously offered during the cancellation period and also the previous 2 winback offers? Were the winbacks all phone calls or did you also use the online chat? Just prepping myself before I start the cancellation process. 

BTW, on what basis do you get the £50 credit as well? 
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Duggo said:
    If you cancel and get switched off, then go back, does everything reappear in your planner?
    As long as you've still got the same box then yes, everything should still be there.
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 422 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 April at 7:27PM
    Options
    Signature £25.50
    Ultimate TV Pack £4.50
    Sky HD £4
    Ultra HD £1
    Total £35
    No admin fee (I've still never paid that in over 16 years)

Note that this is still within minimum term as I'd phoned up re. the mid-contract price rises as I have Ultrafast 1 which can be cancelled mid-contract. I barely mentioned the TV part but they started offering me a deal off their own bat. Sadly the Ultrafast is currently £28, going up to £31 in July, but the best they could do was £32 :( so I'm looking at Virgin deals for an equivalent £21 or maybe a bit more than £21 for a faster service still.

Edit: I should add that I'm slightly hamstrung by the fact that the wife is pretty much housebound and can't/won't be without her Q box.
  • Essexboi21
    Essexboi21 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Got this recently, they called a few days after putting in notice. Ended up losing Netflix as they wanted £15.50 for it.

Signature £36.50 - £14 = £22.50
    Sports Complete - £33 - £15 = £18 
    Sports HD - £6 - £6 = £0 
    HD £9 - £6 = £3 
    UHD £4 - £4 = £0
    Multiroom  £15 - £10 = £5
    TOTAL £103.50 - £55 = £48.50

• Tidynige
    Tidynige Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been with Sky 23 years (orginally Sky+, now Sky Q) and have got used to the routine of ringing them up at the end of each minimum contract period, threatening to leave, and getting a reasonable deal for the next minimum contract period.  My current contract runs out in a month so just called them and got no luck, even after being put through to cancelations team - no movement on monthly cost.  The guy at the other end seemed totally disinterested (normally they at least show some intersest!) - all he would do is continue my current post-contract deal of £26.50 pm for Sky Signature and £8 for the Ultimate package, total £34.50.  He said this includes all available discounts. Is this reasonable? Am I out of touch with the cost of Sky nowadays?
  • Essexboi21
    Essexboi21 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 1 May at 2:23PM
    Options
    Tidynige said:
    I've been with Sky 23 years (orginally Sky+, now Sky Q) and have got used to the routine of ringing them up at the end of each minimum contract period, threatening to leave, and getting a reasonable deal for the next minimum contract period.  My current contract runs out in a month so just called them and got no luck, even after being put through to cancelations team - no movement on monthly cost.  The guy at the other end seemed totally disinterested (normally they at least show some intersest!) - all he would do is continue my current post-contract deal of £26.50 pm for Sky Signature and £8 for the Ultimate package, total £34.50.  He said this includes all available discounts. Is this reasonable? Am I out of touch with the cost of Sky nowadays?
    Have you tried actually cancelling (giving 30D notice), waiting a week and see what they offer. 
    Some people find the best offer after disconnecting but it doesnt have to go this far.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback