Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• ScifiDevote
    ScifiDevote Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice as too how long after you have fully cancelled you have the best chance to get the best 'win back' 🥺 offer when you call them or will you get the same offer no matter how long you leave it ?

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Recently had reason to contact Sky over the increase in my Sports sub price (actually a reduction in my in contract discounts). They solved the issue in a roundabout way ,so I've been keeping an eye on Future Bills!
    Now appears that Sky have "automatically" carried over some discounts for after the minimum term ends - haven't sent me anything on email or in the post - overall my discounts were worth ~ 48% ,the new post contract period figure is more like 34% discount. Anyone else noticed this ??
  • J292
    J292 Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Recently had reason to contact Sky over the increase in my Sports sub price (actually a reduction in my in contract discounts). They solved the issue in a roundabout way ,so I've been keeping an eye on Future Bills!
    Now appears that Sky have "automatically" carried over some discounts for after the minimum term ends - haven't sent me anything on email or in the post - overall my discounts were worth ~ 48% ,the new post contract period figure is more like 34% discount. Anyone else noticed this ??
    I’ve noticed this also regarding the reduction in the in contract discount for the sports pack in my future bills I’ve had no communication about it either seems very sneaky and sly to me.

I wouldn’t mind if they had made contact regarding this as I knew they’d be an increase during the contract.
  • mits999
    mits999 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone got any deals recently? What’s full breakdown of your deal?
  • onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice as too how long after you have fully cancelled you have the best chance to get the best 'win back' 🥺 offer when you call them or will you get the same offer no matter how long you leave it ?

I had pretty much the full package and cancelled but it was a game of bluff of which I lost as I had to ring them on the 29th day of the 30 day notice period. Even then the package I accepted was more than the offer of the chat bot. I asked about this but it seems there were no notes or evidence from the chat bot offer so he couldn't match it. 
  • jellie
    jellie Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today I've been offered -
    Signature - £21.50
    Sports - £19.00
    TNT sports - £27.00
    HD - £4.00
    No admin fee

10 days left before switch off
  • Wongus
    Wongus Posts: 54 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Under notice, received an email with an offer of 49.50 for Signature, Cinema and Sports.

Spoke to chat and they said that was without HD or Netflix (which I currently have). 

Overall it would be £64, itemised as:

Signature -22.5

Sports - 14

Cinema - 13

HD - 6

Ultimate TV - 8.5 
  • chick21
    chick21 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options

We left 3 and have been disconnected for 3 weeks offers have been;

£18 for Sky Signature

£22.5 Sky Signature + Netflix (assume standard with adverts)

Netflix plan with Sky:

Netflix Standard [2 screens with Adverts] £4.50

Netflix Standard [2 screens without Adverts] £10.50

Netflix Premium [4 screens] £15.50

Sky Signature is Normally £36.50 but you will pay £18 a month (that's a £18.50 discount with an 18-month contract)

Ultimate TV add on (Netflix Premium) at £15.50 a month (Rolling contract)

HD Normally £9 but you will pay £5 (that's a £4 discount) (Rolling contract)

UHD Normally £4 but you will pay £2 (that's a £2 discount) (Rolling contract)

This brings your total to £40.50 normally £67.49 a month

They haven’t offered below £40 for me yet

• DJ1UK
    DJ1UK Posts: 370 Forumite
    Options
    chick21 said:

They haven’t offered below £40 for me yet

I've had the same offer prices, plus sports for £12 (inc HD), 4 weeks after disconnecting.  This is the cheapest I've seen recently, though sports HD used to be around £9 a few months back.  All other prices are pretty much the same as other offers I've seen.

They are pushing Stream and also Broadband hard on calls I've had with them.

DJ
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure