Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Rufff
    Rufff Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 April at 11:37AM
    Options
    Anyone else finding it bad this year? Like really, really bad. Can't for the life of me get a deal out of them now.

Even the agent just gave up, when I asked them to price-match the "Bigger Combo" VM deal.
    I would not have hesitated to if I could discount it further. There is not even wafer thin margin to make it any cheaper. I have offered you a deal at the break-even price. I appreciate your custom, if I could make it any cheaper I would not keep the offer with me, makes no sense as I benefit only if you sign up, and would not lose a customer like you.

I respect your decision
    Sky must be hemorrhaging customers... Wonder if Comcast are having serious buyers remorse ?  :D
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Interested in hearing what this "break-even price" was and how the agent calculated it :)

• minority
    minority Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My bt broadband deals (145mb) is finally finished and my sky is out of contract.

Spoken to both parties.

Bt offering me 500mb (xbox game pass) tv big entertainment (one without sport but includes cinema) 2 mini boxes hd pack and premium netflix +discovery+ for 75.99

Sky I am currently on basic package no movies no kids and cost me 72.50 month ( i have 3 mini boxes uhd for netflix premium).  They have offered me same package plus 500mb line for 83 I think it was.

I cannot fault my bt broadband and use there bt WiFi at gym 5 days a week when there but is there tc offering better value.  I will say I watch no sky and I am not entity sure what my partner watches as I see her on netflix mostly lol.

Sky wouldn't budge on text chat and just started ignoring me.  I also don't want their router as I have a mesh orbi setup going
  • Max68
    Max68 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 April at 2:15PM
    Options
    antuk said:
    That only applies to FCA regulated firms so insurance/finance etc, and its not worked how people expected. Instead of prices coming down, new customer prices went up.

Thanks for that I did wonder.  Both car and home insurance is the highest since I started keeping a record of what I am paying back in 2007.

Thank you, mits999. Now that I'm retired, I have some time to indulge in their silly game, but many do not, which is quite frustrating. The guy yesterday was pushing broadband more even though I said I was with BT until 2025 and it would cost over £200 to cancel now.  Sky broadband was a bit cheaper but BT charge if you want to keep your email address and it's just too much hassle.  I just find it incredible that the guy two days ago offered £67 and to waive the admin fee.  I said if he did same package for £60 I would take it but as others have said they just won't budge.  In the old days they would just throw in all HD or Cinema free but not now.  It's the signature increase that is the big jump.  Tempted to just go with Sky Sports HD and Netflix on it's own and dump signature and cinema as most stuff I watch these days is BBC, ITV, Netflix and You Tube, don't bother with Atlantic and have enough movies on DVD to last a lifetime!!

• NotCalledJohn
    Options
    After cancelling, a chat offered me Superfast 80, Sky Signature, HD and Netflix standard for £59 and wouldn't go lower.

Not bad, but with Netflix and Prime in the house anyway, I can't really justify a service costing at least twice as much as the others, particularly given the diminishing returns on Sky Atlantic, which is what we largely use it for. I told them I'd stay for the Sky Stream new customers' offer, but they weren't going there. So it looks like I'm off.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Max68 said:
    antuk said:
    That only applies to FCA regulated firms so insurance/finance etc, and its not worked how people expected. Instead of prices coming down, new customer prices went up.

Thanks for that I did wonder.  Both car and home insurance is the highest since I started keeping a record of what I am paying back in 2007.

Thank you, mits999. Now that I'm retired, I have some time to indulge in their silly game, but many do not, which is quite frustrating. The guy yesterday was pushing broadband more even though I said I was with BT until 2025 and it would cost over £200 to cancel now.  Sky broadband was a bit cheaper but BT charge if you want to keep your email address and it's just too much hassle.  I just find it incredible that the guy two days ago offered £67 and to waive the admin fee.  I said if he did same package for £60 I would take it but as others have said they just won't budge.  In the old days they would just throw in all HD or Cinema free but not now.  It's the signature increase that is the big jump.  Tempted to just go with Sky Sports HD and Netflix on it's own and dump signature and cinema as most stuff I watch these days is BBC, ITV, Netflix and You Tube, don't bother with Atlantic and have enough movies on DVD to last a lifetime!!

One of the most annoying things about Sky is that Signature is compulsory EVEN IF you only want Sports HD - I watch very little on Signature so it may be goodbye Sky this June !!
  • Max68
    Options
    Max68 said:
    antuk said:

One of the most annoying things about Sky is that Signature is compulsory EVEN IF you only want Sports HD - I watch very little on Signature so it may be goodbye Sky this June !!
    That's interesting to know and a pain as like you I watch very little Signature. Called this morning to see if I would get any better luck via phone rather than chat but being a tad deaf I couldn't really understand the guy.  Think he offered £101 to start which is what it would be if I did nothing, which I found hilarious and then he offered Sky Glass for £81 but I already have a pretty new and good TV so don't want another one.  Anyone ended up with a better deal going from Sky Q to Sky Stream?  Wondering if the deals are dead for Q as they are trying to phase it out.  The irony being is that both Sky Mobile and Broadband were down yesterday for a lot of people, my mobile was down but broadband fine as with BT.  I assume though that with Stream you would need to be with Sky Broadband?
  • mits999
    mits999 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Max68 said:
    Max68 said:
    antuk said:

That's interesting to know and a pain as like you I watch very little Signature. Called this morning to see if I would get any better luck via phone rather than chat but being a tad deaf I couldn't really understand the guy.  Think he offered £101 to start which is what it would be if I did nothing, which I found hilarious and then he offered Sky Glass for £81 but I already have a pretty new and good TV so don't want another one.  Anyone ended up with a better deal going from Sky Q to Sky Stream?  Wondering if the deals are dead for Q as they are trying to phase it out.  The irony being is that both Sky Mobile and Broadband were down yesterday for a lot of people, my mobile was down but broadband fine as with BT.  I assume though that with Stream you would need to be with Sky Broadband?
    Can you get virgin in your area?
  • Max68
    Options
    Just checked Mits and no unfortunately.  I plonked a new email address into a Sky Deal search last night and an email was sent through offering Sky TV Netflix and Broadband for £38.  If you added Sports and Cinema it came to £68 which is the cheapest offer I've had so far for merely the TV package I am on!  
  • mits999
    mits999 Posts: 237 Forumite
    edited 12 April at 5:54PM
    Options
    Have you actually cancelled and given your 31 day notice for tv?

maybe consider switching broadband to Vodafone they are a lot cheaper 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure