Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• mentalmike
    mentalmike Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 March at 4:19PM
    Options
    I've just been offered the following on online chat:
    Signature is normally £36.50, but you'll pay £23.50 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months
    Sky Sports in HD is normally £20, but you'll pay £19 This offer is for 18 months
    Sky HD is normally £9, but you'll pay £5 This offer is for 18 months
    Ultra HD is normally £4, but you'll pay £1 This offer is for 18 months
    Boost to Netflix Premium with No Ads is normally £15.50, but you'll pay £11.50. This offer is for 18 months
    Total £60

Good deal or cancel? Been with them 15 years. Only with them for F1 so justifying the cost is getting harder and harder every year 
  • Grav15
    Grav15 Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Signature is normally £36.50, but you'll pay £23.50 (with an 18-month contract) This offer is for 18 months
    Sky Sports in HD is normally £20, but you'll pay £19 This offer is for 18 months
    Boost to Netflix Premium with No Ads is normally £15.50, but you'll pay £11.50. This offer is for 18 months
    Total £60

Good deal or cancel? Been with them 15 years. Only with them for F1 so justifying the cost is getting harder and harder every year 
    Have you put in cancellation? 
  • Max68
    Max68 Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If SKY are switching off loads of SD channels in 2024 then surely HD should be free?
  • mentalmike
    mentalmike Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Grav15 said:
    Total £60

Have you put in cancellation? 
    No, that was just through chat. It best to now ask for cancellation then ask again in a couple of weeks?
  • Grav15
    Options
    Yes. You should find signature will drop to around £20.50. U want to aim to get HD for £0. In a few weeks. Good offer with the Netflix. Some advisors will quote £15.50. Don’t accept and chat to a different advisor later or through messenger 
  • PenguinForever
    PenguinForever Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys!
    looking for a little bit of advice! I have Sky Q - the basic package, no extras. We also have one multi room and the basic broadband package. We currently pay £59 but this is going up in May to £80! I refuse to pay this amount. I phoned up to see if I can get it cheaper, but they offered around £75, which is still pricey!

What can I reasonably expect guys to be a good offer? I just want what I receive currently, but obviously, not to be charged this amount :(

As a side note, we do currently pay £17.99 for Netflix a month separately for sky.
  • PenguinForever
    PenguinForever Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Also guys, on the phone, I did try to cancel (I got a little annoyed!) but she said I can’t cancel until 31 days and gave me a date - but surely if I give 31 days or more notice it should be ok? 
  • Grav15
    Options
    What is the cost breakdown of your package?
  • Grav15
    Options
    I have had no good offers with broadband. £30 ultra fast 145mbs. Have now switched to Vodafone. £30 200mbs. Have seen talktalk offering 150mbs for £26. Worth considering switching 
  • Helonwheels
    Helonwheels Posts: 89 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if I remove HD, not worth anywhere near £9, will I still have access to BBC1 HD?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback