Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• mils
    mils Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All 

My TV contract is due to come to an end in July
    Upto recently i was paying the below 

This is due to go upto £107  :'(

I have been offered today over messenger the below deal 

Sky signature £24
    Kids £2
    HD £4
    Complete Sports £19
    Sky cinema £9
    Sky Q multiscreen £14

Total = £72
    £20 admin fee 

Could i get a better deal? i requested to cancel and they come back at me saying your loose your 5 year gold VIP status. Which im sure has no real benefit that ive ever seen 

Could someone advise please what i could or should be aiming for ?

• daidai
    daidai Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 June 2022 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Offered :Signature with Netflix £20 pm.

Accepted Signature without Netflix £15 pm with £50 credit, £10 admin fee waived (credit applied)  and 12 months Discovery+ free.

(Not Sky Q - old Sky+box)
  • Mwood1
    Mwood1 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    daidai said:
    Offered :Signature with Netflix £20 pm.

Accepted Signature without Netflix £15 pm with £50 credit, £10 admin fee waived (credit applied)  and 12 months Discovery+ free.

(Not Sky Q - old Sky+box)
    This is a very good deal. I have the same.
  • GibbsRule_No3.
    Options
    Sky have still not got back to me with an offer.  Do they send an end of contract letter?  I am still in credit with them, so surprised I have not heard anything, or when the credit will be refunded.  “Miss Scarlet and the Duke” starts on Alibi tomorrow so I would have liked Sky back.  From the deals people have I was certainly not going to continue to pay £46 for what I had. Old Sky box, basic package. No sport or films.
    Paddle No 21:wave:
  • daidai
    daidai Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sky have still not got back to me with an offer.  Do they send an end of contract letter?  I am still in credit with them, so surprised I have not heard anything, or when the credit will be refunded.  “Miss Scarlet and the Duke” starts on Alibi tomorrow so I would have liked Sky back.  From the deals people have I was certainly not going to continue to pay £46 for what I had. Old Sky box, basic package. No sport or films.
    To get a good offer you have to cancel and possibly wait a few weeks after disconnection. You should follow up on the credit refund and they may then make an offer or soon afterwards.
  • GibbsRule_No3.
    Options
    daidai said:
    To get a good offer you have to cancel and possibly wait a few weeks after disconnection. You should follow up on the credit refund and they may then make an offer or soon afterwards.
    It has been three weeks now, so I was surprised not to receive a letter confirming my end of contract and saying the refund would be repaid.  I played with the Freeview box for two weeks before the contract ended, to make sure it would work if no offer was made, since one wasn’t/hasn’t it is probably a good job I did.  Just that I do miss Atlantic, History and Alibi, so would return if Sky make a better offer to me for the £46 I was paying, I’d like Sky Sports added for that money and can then cancel my Now TV Sports subscription.  So I’d still be saving money.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you mean the original Sky + SD box ? If so ,I suspect they will make any offer conditional on an "upgrade" to Sky Q. If you have a Sky HD + box , then you should be able to get Signature plus Sports in HD for less than £40pm
  • GibbsRule_No3.
    Options

Do you mean the original Sky + SD box ? If so ,I suspect they will make any offer conditional on an "upgrade" to Sky Q. If you have a Sky HD + box , then you should be able to get Signature plus Sports in HD for less than £40pm
    Unfortunately my dish is a communal one and I don’t think the new Sky Q works with it. I has enquired a few years ago when there was a minor problem with my box, Sky tried to use that as an excuse not to fix it.  Reason it has not been changed is I was probably the only one using Sky.  Having said that, my new neighbour has his own Sky dish on his wall, not sure if he told the Housing Association.  I was told I had to use the communal one when I moved in as they maintain it and we are in a conservation area, so the HA did not want lots of ugly dishes on the 12 bungalows in the close.
  • Wendell_Pierce
    Options
    Update.

29 April 2022 - Cancelled Sky.

My bill was £35 for Sky Signature, Box Sets, Sky Sports F1 (HD included).

Was offered £29 for Sky Signature including Box Sets, Sky Sports F1 HD.
    18 months offer for Sky Signature. (£17).
    12 months offer for Sky Sports F1. (£12).

Cancel any time - not a recontract.

10 May 2022 - Received text from Sky asking me to contact them if I changed my mind about leaving - nothing offered in text.

11 May 2022 -  Received letter from Sky.
    Sky TV including Box Sets and Sky Sports for £33 monthly for 18 months.
    (Plus £10 one-off fee.)
    18 month minimum contract.
    Small print states price may change during contract. (Which means it WILL go up in price at least once.)

Offer valid until 19 May 2022.

This is worse for me than already offered by being £4 dearer, having to pay a £10 fee,  and needing to recontract for 18 months.

On the plus side if I was interested in Sky Sports other than F1, which I'm not, that may be appealing, but it isn't. 

If I receive any other offers I will post here.
    Update 23 May 2022.

Received letter today offering Sky Signature for £17 per month on 18 month contract.
    Various packages add on at 50% discount whilst keeping Sky Signature.
    A one off fee of £10 applies.

Multiscreen £7.
    Cinema £9.
    Sports £16.
    Ultra HD £6.
    Kids £3.50.

(Ultra HD or Kids cancellable at any time with 31 days notice.  
    Others 18 months contract renewed.) 

Small print states prices may increase within contract - which means prices will increase at least once.

Not interested in this, but contacted Sky on Chat and asked if I could pay £17 per month for Sky Signature and add Sky Sports F1 at 50% discount ie £9 instead of £18 ?
    This would make my monthly bill £26.
    Sky Sports F1 would be in HD as standard - Sky Signature not in HD as standard.

The answer was no.
    Though for the first time Sky has offered Sky Signature in HD as standard without paying £8 extra - or £4 extra on 50% discount offer.

Best Sky could offer me was £17 for Sky Signature (in HD), plus Sky Sports (in HD as standard) for £16.
    This would make my bill £33 per month. 
    That's £396 for the year plus the inevitable price increases.

That is still more than I want to pay.

I would have signed up for Sky Signature in HD plus F1 if Sky had agreed to £26 per month - but they said no to that.

So I will keep waiting to see if offered anything better.
    Will update here if so.

*At least it appears Sky appear to be dropping the charge for HD across all channels for some customers.   

Update 23 June 2022.

Almost two months since cancelling Sky on 23 April 2022.

Received phone call offering Sky Signature and Netflix in HD for £20.00 monthly.
    18 Month Contract.
    Told them not interested in Netflix so they came back with Sky Signature in HD for £15 monthly.
    18 Month Contract.

No special offers on Sky Sports F1.
    No option of not signing for 18 months contract.

No offer of a credit.

Tbh Sky Signature in HD for £15 monthly is quite appealing. Only drawback being I know this will increase within contract at least once.
    So I didn't take it up.

A couple of weeks ago I took out a NOW subscription which was two months viewing for £10. In addition I added the BOOST payment of £5 per month for HD, skipping ads, and 5.1 surround.
    This let me watch the last episodes of a couple of series, and the first couple of episodes of latest Westworld and Blue Bloods.

I'm going to cancel NOW once my offer expires.

If I'm offered anything I will update the thread.
  • TClite
    TClite Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a call the day after cancelling . Offered

signature
    sports
    cinema 
    Netflix 
    HD & UHD

For £48
    £62 for multi screen 

I asked if we could get under £60, got it down to £58 but had to lose UHD and downgrade Netflix to non premium. Admin fees all removed. 

not sure if this is a decent deal. I think £58 is if it kept UHD so might chance a bill credit if they can’t come down from £62. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback