Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    damned said:
    I’ve been very lazy in keeping on top of what I should be paying, so prepare for a whopper:

I’ve started a conversation with retentions.
    What should I expect to pay for something equivalent, please?
    You're getting solely ripped off, at least -50%. Probably more 
  • Neo08
    Neo08 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    after cancelling and being switched off since feb, received several offers through the post.  Mainly signature for £17 per month but latest is as follows:

Signature £15
    Multiscreen £7
    Cinema £9
    Sports £16
    Ultra HD £6
    Kids £3.50

Small print says minimum 18 month contract for signature AND all optional packs on top.  Prices may change during the minimum term, as usual

I only had Sky+HD box, but assuming that this is Sky Q, although it doesn't mention it anywhere.

Just posting for reference as doubt i'll take it up as i've got used to just having freesat now!
  • xxedrushxx
    xxedrushxx Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm currently out of contract and paying £55pm for Sky signature, kids, cinema, sports and HD. 

I normally renegotiate at the end of every contract but I wonder whether its worth it at the price I'm currently paying. Would prefer to have 4k and maybe BT sports if there was a way to discount on those and pay close to what I'm paying? 
    Are you sure you aren't in a minimum period "contract" ? £55pm for that package is a discounted price already - should be over £80 uncontracted list price.
    Yeh for sure, I used to pay £40 and then went to £55 after 18mths. I do recall the guy saying that even when the contract ended I would still be on a low rate.

So, I guess what I have is good and should stay with this for the foreseeable? 
  • kora_2
    kora_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I cancelled after 11 years of being a customer and usually get really good retention deals but today I came away disappointed.

I was paying £41 per month for sky signature, F1 channel and multiroom.

The best deal they could give me on Sky Q was £49 per month but did offer sky glass same package for £42 but I don't need another TV and would have took the £42 deal if they offered me it on sky Q.

For sky Q they broke it down into:
    signature £17
    Sky sports £18
    Multiroom £14
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,522 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm currently out of contract and paying £55pm for Sky signature, kids, cinema, sports and HD. 

I normally renegotiate at the end of every contract but I wonder whether its worth it at the price I'm currently paying. Would prefer to have 4k and maybe BT sports if there was a way to discount on those and pay close to what I'm paying? 
    Are you sure you aren't in a minimum period "contract" ? £55pm for that package is a discounted price already - should be over £80 uncontracted list price.
    Yeh for sure, I used to pay £40 and then went to £55 after 18mths. I do recall the guy saying that even when the contract ended I would still be on a low rate.

So, I guess what I have is good and should stay with this for the foreseeable? 
    Never happened to me but I have heard of customers getting a discounted deal automatically at the end of their minimum period. I've always had to threaten cancellation or even let the cancellation ply out ,to get a deal. You might be able to get a few quid off the £55 pm if you give notice.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have Sky Entertainment, HD, Boxsets and Superfast BB and talk any time extra. This was £53.50 following the recent April increase.  I received an email from Sky this week saying "We noticed you have some offers ending soon. But the good news is, we’ve given you new offers for another 12 months and you don’t have to do a thing"  but when I checked the monthly charge was going to be £70.50!

Yesterday I logged onto chat at 1pm, managed to chat with someone about 2.30 and on and off all afternoon the chat lasted until 5`ish (I was doing other things in between...lol): the first amount offered was £56.50, then he cam up with £52.50, his final offer was £48.50  for 18 months and when I asked he waived the £20 admin fee.  

Signature                 £17
    HD                           £ 4
    Talk anytime Extra   £ 6 
    Superfast BB           £21.50

I am happy with this and think I managed to get a reasonable offer, it did take ages on chat though but at least I have it all in writing.  I have checked my account and it is showing already.

• *Sam*
    *Sam* Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a retentions url you can you use to check offers these days? 

I've just cancelled as per the usual negotiation tactic, but I recall last time (18 months ago) I was able to click on a link after cancelling and you'd get offers. I've attached images with the old url, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. 

Is there a new version of this or have they removed it entirely? 

• mits999
    mits999 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    *Sam* said:
    Is there a retentions url you can you use to check offers these days? 

I've just cancelled as per the usual negotiation tactic, but I recall last time (18 months ago) I was able to click on a link after cancelling and you'd get offers. I've attached images with the old url, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. 

Is there a new version of this or have they removed it entirely? 

They have removed it now you need to wait for call back 
  • jacquelinec
    Options
     I have signature , HD, sports, BT sport  and multiroom.  Since my contract expired my bill has gone from £75 to £92.  My offers on chat have been £86  then £80. I had a review your options message and got offered £72.  Then I had another message and was offered £69 .
    On cut off day last week  I had another message to review.I said there was actually no point in BT sports as the moment as nothing on there for a couple of months So was offered £39 without BT , so was happy with that . 
    However they took the HD off as well.  I spent an hour on the phone speaking to 5 different people. I was offered HD for £3 month with £20 credit . I said no the HD at £3 month would cost me £54 . The verbal contract was just taking BT off and I'm not paying any extra . They said would call back the next day ., no call. 
    I sent another email two days ago saying if they can't call back or resolve this to cancel again . They've not even phoned to activate the cancellation, but have acknowledged the email. 
    I'm winging it a bit as don't know the best action really . If they forgot to add HD when working out a price  I feel they should honour it .  They make prices up to suit themselves anyway , so I'm sure they can lose the £3 month somewhere.  
    They rang me next day and added HD back on for no extra charge.  
  • leodis23
    leodis23 Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After a 90 mintue experience via the chatbot and 'Loyalty Agent', really wasn't impressed with their retention offer.

Sky Signature at £20 a month (that's a £12 discount with an 18-month contract)

Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £6 a month (that's Netflix premium)

HD at £6 (that's a £2 discount)

UHD at £3 (that's a £1 Discount)

This brings your total to £35 a month.

Your offers will start today and a one-off admin fee of £10 

After saying no because of the financial climate, and how that cost compares to getting Netflix premium and using Freeview, they offered another £3 off the Ultimate bundle, but that's still only £6 less than the new customer deal. Will see if they send anything better through over the remaining month, but might just go back to using my Apple TV instead of recording stuff.

Buy My First House During A Pandemic Challenge
    26/7 Nationwide 90% LTV Application Received | 26/7 Soft Credit Search | 4/8 Hard Search | 14/8 Underwriter questions | 17/8 Valuation booked | 19/8 Physical valuation & report received | 7/9 Mortgage offer | 27/11 Exchange & Completion
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback