Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.4K replies 824K views

Replies

• skintpensioner_2skintpensioner_2 Forumite
    3 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sky customer since April 2017, originally with TV only (Basic package) but also since Feb 2020 we've had fibre broadband with Anytime calls. 18 month contract ended 20th August and until then the cost was £42/month (Entertainment package £15 and broadband £27). On contract expiry the cost rose to £65 (TV £23 and B/B £42). When I phoned to ask what they could do for me, all they were interested in was trying to sell me HD, Sports, Netflix and other add-ons. I told them I wasn't interested and wasn't prepared to pay £65/month. I was then offered an 18 month contract at 50 something pounds a month (difficult to tell due to the heavy Indian accent of the agent) reverting to £65/month after 12 months. Told them I wasn't happy and would probably switch my B/B provider to 'Now' who are offering 12 months of 63Mb fibre + free anytime calls at £22/month. 
    I can't see how Sky hope to hold on to B/B customers with the prices they charge.
  • youandwhosearmyyouandwhosearmy Forumite
    51 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Just let my Sky package fully cancel after not receiving any good retention offers. I was on the following:

Sky Entertainment - £14
    Sky Sports Complete - £14
    SKy Cinema - £8
    Sky Sport HD - FREE
    Sky HD - FREE
    Sky Q 1TB box
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £21
    Total £57

After it’d been cancelled for a couple of days I went back on chat and was offered the following:

Sky Signature - £16 (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky HD - £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    Sky Sports Complete - £6 (that's a £30 discount with Sky Cinema & an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema - £11 (that's an £8 discount when keeping Sports)
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £25 (that's a £8 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Total - £61 (£56 if Cinema removed, £44 if Cinema and Sports removed).

This includes FREE Phone Line & Broadband Superfast activation, saving you £70!
    One-off admin fee of £10 will be added to your next bill.

Actually not a bad offer but it’s been creeping up and up every year so I’ve decided to not take it up this time. Thought I’d let you know what’s been offered given the terrible offers during the 30 day cancellation period.
  • JMAC96587JMAC96587 Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    Just let my Sky package fully cancel after not receiving any good retention offers. I was on the following:

Sky Entertainment - £14
    Sky Sports Complete - £14
    SKy Cinema - £8
    Sky Sport HD - FREE
    Sky HD - FREE
    Sky Q 1TB box
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £21
    Total £57

After it’d been cancelled for a couple of days I went back on chat and was offered the following:

Sky Signature - £16 (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky HD - £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    Sky Sports Complete - £6 (that's a £30 discount with Sky Cinema & an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema - £11 (that's an £8 discount when keeping Sports)
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £25 (that's a £8 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Total - £61 (£56 if Cinema removed, £44 if Cinema and Sports removed).

This includes FREE Phone Line & Broadband Superfast activation, saving you £70!
    One-off admin fee of £10 will be added to your next bill.

Actually not a bad offer but it’s been creeping up and up every year so I’ve decided to not take it up this time. Thought I’d let you know what’s been offered given the terrible offers during the 30 day cancellation period.
    do you remember what rough total price were you offered in the cancelation period? i got my first email reminder to contact them today but holding out
  • youandwhosearmyyouandwhosearmy Forumite
    51 Posts
    First email offer was:

Sky TV and Sky Sports for just £34 a month for 18 months, with a £10 one‑off fee.

Second email offer was:

Sky TV including box sets, Sports and Cinema for just £39 a month for 18 months (plus a £10 one‑off fee).

On the phone a couple of days before it was due to fully cancel I can’t remember exactly but it was well over £70. On chat not long after the cancellation period started it was £80-90 plus. Normally I’d make a note of the offers but they were so bad I didn’t bother.
  • CLCL Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Does anyone have the link for where you offers appear on sky.com when you are in your notice period.

Thanks
  • Rammie67Rammie67 Forumite
    13 Posts
    Rammie67 said:
    mouse10 said:
    Cancelled 3 months ago.
    Just had email and letter offering
    TV and sports £28. 18 month contract. 
    Cinema £5
    HD £3
    Netflix £5
    Broadband £28 
    I won't be renewing.
    My TV service ended two weeks ago (I don’t have Broadband with Sky). I’ve had a couple of online chats with them and on the latest I was offered the same above, obviously without Broadband, but with Cinema £11. They wouldn’t budge at all. If they had offered Cinema for £5 like above I’d have accepted. So my cancellation remains effective. I’ve been a customer for over 20 years but I’m not going to contact them anymore now. If they want my custom they can contact me - marketing preferences are all set to Yes. I’ll be returning my Q equipment back to them in a month and if it reaches that point I doubt I will ever be a Sky customer again. 
    I let my cancellation become active as offers during the cancellation period were poor. Couple of weeks after cancellation I contacted them again and was offered and accepted
    Signature £14 ( 18 months contract)
    Sports HD £6 (18 months contract)
    Cinema HD £11 (18 months contract)
    HD £3
    Kids £2
    Total £36

Cinema may look expensive but the Sports and Cinema was a combined discount offer. £17 for the two together I’m happy with. Prices can go up during the contract up to 10% max. If they do I can remove either or both HD and Kids. Overall it was a fair deal to me. I like Sky but I easily coped without it for two weeks. Found loads on Freeview and Catch Up services.  
  • JMAC96587JMAC96587 Forumite
    6 Posts
    First Post
    First cancelation offer today one week into  notice, i contacted via live chat after them calling me twice a day all week 
    Sky Signature at £22- (was offered this at 16 and 19 pre cancel...)
    Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £5 a month (no change)
    HD at £3 
    UHD - £4 (was offered both HD and UHD for free previously, before them saying today this was a 'misquote')
    Complete Sports at £8 (11 off from last offer first thing actually less)
    Cinema at £11 (was offered 8 before)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £10 (2 better than before)
    BT Sport at £24 (same as last time)

down to £87 a month from 90 although was offered in theory 84 last time before them saying they couldn't then make it so a 'misquote'. still not happy with it especially as two areas are now up almost 10 quid! , cancelation period continues aiming for 75 realistically 
  • Alpha_5Alpha_5 Forumite
    100 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    JMAC96587 said:
    First cancelation offer today one week into  notice, i contacted via live chat after them calling me twice a day all week 
    Sky Signature at £22- (was offered this at 16 and 19 pre cancel...)
    Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £5 a month (no change)
    HD at £3 
    UHD - £4 (was offered both HD and UHD for free previously, before them saying today this was a 'misquote')
    Complete Sports at £8 (11 off from last offer first thing actually less)
    Cinema at £11 (was offered 8 before)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £10 (2 better than before)
    BT Sport at £24 (same as last time)

down to £87 a month from 90 although was offered in theory 84 last time before them saying they couldn't then make it so a 'misquote'. still not happy with it especially as two areas are now up almost 10 quid! , cancelation period continues aiming for 75 realistically 
    I have 3 days left before my package is switched off and so far all I've received is an SMS after 2 weeks and a letter in the post after 3 weeks. I wonder how they determine who gets calls? There are no restrictions on my marketing consents. 
  • JCarmelloJCarmello Forumite
    42 Posts
    10 Posts
    So I've cancelled my Sky, as we're moving property. We sold last week, and will hopefully complete on the purchase at the end of this month. We have moved in with family in the mean-time.

When I move into the new property - would I be better to sign up using my existing account to get a good deal, or have my wife referred by my FIL through "Introduce a friend to sky" and she sets up a new account? 
  • robrymondrobrymond Forumite
    636 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I'm a home mover and we have a special offer via Redrow.

£52.60 will get us Sky Broadband Ultrafast (150mb) with Sky Signature, Sky HD + Ultra HD and Netflix. 

£35 is the charge for broadband alone and we pay £13.99 for Netflix so effectively get the TV for a few quid. I really wanted to resist getting Sky again and get broadband only but they just don't do offers on solo products.