Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• mits999 said:
    Woody1993 said:
    After a few days into my cancellation notice period I was offered Sky Signature (£18), Sky Sports Complete Pack with HD (£14), Sky Broadband Essential (£25) and a £10 admin fee, which I accepted. Only £2 under the new customer offer and same as what I was paying before, but overall I'm pretty happy with that. Could have probably snuck a few more quid if I'd had the willpower to let the notice period run down further.

Weirdly the day after this was agreed I noticed my future bills didn't reflect the new price - instead they had a £20 admin fee and were for £59 a month rather than £57. Got back on the live chat and the woman waived the admin fee completely but couldn't reduce my package back down to £57 in the system so had to credit my account with £36. 
    Sky broadband essential is really slow they should have offered sky broadband superfast @ £25
    Fortunately we've been on Essential for a few years and it's been fine touch wood - it's just me and my girlfriend in a two-bed flat. 
  • long post, first time poster- sky customer 21 years, gave cancellation notice yesterday after spending 7 hours on calls and live chat. was on  ust tv and the old Entertainment package, full Sports HD, BT, UHD, HD, Cinema, Multiscreen & netflix which was at £98 per month (already ridiculous reading some of these messages) it ended last month without sky giving any notice of it ending and rose to £135!! i had 7 different offers across the day varying from 90-104  finally i got offered 90 for
    Signature TV, HD, UHD Cinema, HD Full Sports, BT Sports, Ultimate TV Add-on (Netflix), Multiscreen at the cheapest offer at one point they said they would be able to take a further 4 off for UHD before swapping my advisor as his end of shift with the next now claiming they now cant do that and it would now be 94 so despite at one point being offered 87 with a promised call back from a manager to look at further reductions (which never happened) further various people ended up offering way more than had done previously an hour before.  Was absolute shambles, i'm furious and will now see if they offer anything in the 30 days we have internet with virgin and see they offer essentially the same tv and wifi package for 78 although convincing family use to sky might be hard. ive been reading through the posts  on but what do you think i should be looking at for those premium tv packages? 
  • JMAC96587 said:
    long post, first time poster- sky customer 21 years, gave cancellation notice yesterday after spending 7 hours on calls and live chat. was on  ust tv and the old Entertainment package, full Sports HD, BT, UHD, HD, Cinema, Multiscreen & netflix which was at £98 per month (already ridiculous reading some of these messages) it ended last month without sky giving any notice of it ending and rose to £135!! i had 7 different offers across the day varying from 90-104  finally i got offered 90 for
    Signature TV, HD, UHD Cinema, HD Full Sports, BT Sports, Ultimate TV Add-on (Netflix), Multiscreen at the cheapest offer at one point they said they would be able to take a further 4 off for UHD before swapping my advisor as his end of shift with the next now claiming they now cant do that and it would now be 94 so despite at one point being offered 87 with a promised call back from a manager to look at further reductions (which never happened) further various people ended up offering way more than had done previously an hour before.  Was absolute shambles, i'm furious and will now see if they offer anything in the 30 days we have internet with virgin and see they offer essentially the same tv and wifi package for 78 although convincing family use to sky might be hard. ive been reading through the posts  on but what do you think i should be looking at for those premium tv packages? 
    This should help:
  • paulst78 said:
    JMAC96587 said:
    long post, first time poster- sky customer 21 years, gave cancellation notice yesterday after spending 7 hours on calls and live chat. was on  ust tv and the old Entertainment package, full Sports HD, BT, UHD, HD, Cinema, Multiscreen & netflix which was at £98 per month (already ridiculous reading some of these messages) it ended last month without sky giving any notice of it ending and rose to £135!! i had 7 different offers across the day varying from 90-104  finally i got offered 90 for
    This should help:
    thanks and wow, thats impressive is that from a recent renewal or have you had that for a while now? my 2 days of dealing with sky was like pulling teeth and just lie after lie from various agents and random numbers, hope they might offer me something ok in the next 30 days after 21 years as a customer but after that experience not holding my breath 
  • JMAC96587 said:
    paulst78 said:
    JMAC96587 said:
    This should help:
    thanks and wow, thats impressive is that from a recent renewal or have you had that for a while now? my 2 days of dealing with sky was like pulling teeth and just lie after lie from various agents and random numbers, hope they might offer me something ok in the next 30 days after 21 years as a customer but after that experience not holding my breath 
    Yeah it's a recent renewal, the start of August, I like you are a long time customer (17 years) and was getting frustrated with the constant price rises and silly renewal prices. 

This is what I done, first of all don't contact them and don't bother answering the phone to them, I only contacted them twice on chat during my 31 days notice to see what prices they would offer, they weren't good enough for me so I let the whole thing completely cancel even though my wife complained in my ear the whole time.

After my tv package was off for 48hrs I went on this chat link sky.com/comeback10 and told a little white lie that I was having BT tv installed soon and was willing to stay with sky if they could get close to the price that BT had given me and they came back with this offer. There was a £10 admin fee that I tried to get taken off but no doing. 

Basically let it completely cancel and that puts you in a stronger bargaining position, this is the first time I have totally cancelled but it won't be the last if they don't play ball in 18 months time. 

Good luck and let me know how you get on 👍
  • Sky customer since April 2017, originally with TV only (Basic package) but also since Feb 2020 we've had fibre broadband with Anytime calls. 18 month contract ended 20th August and until then the cost was £42/month (Entertainment package £15 and broadband £27). On contract expiry the cost rose to £65 (TV £23 and B/B £42). When I phoned to ask what they could do for me, all they were interested in was trying to sell me HD, Sports, Netflix and other add-ons. I told them I wasn't interested and wasn't prepared to pay £65/month. I was then offered an 18 month contract at 50 something pounds a month (difficult to tell due to the heavy Indian accent of the agent) reverting to £65/month after 12 months. Told them I wasn't happy and would probably switch my B/B provider to 'Now' who are offering 12 months of 63Mb fibre + free anytime calls at £22/month. 
    I can't see how Sky hope to hold on to B/B customers with the prices they charge.
  • Just let my Sky package fully cancel after not receiving any good retention offers. I was on the following:

Sky Entertainment - £14
    Sky Sports Complete - £14
    SKy Cinema - £8
    Sky Sport HD - FREE
    Sky HD - FREE
    Sky Q 1TB box
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £21
    Total £57

After it’d been cancelled for a couple of days I went back on chat and was offered the following:

Sky Signature - £16 (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky HD - £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    Sky Sports Complete - £6 (that's a £30 discount with Sky Cinema & an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema - £11 (that's an £8 discount when keeping Sports)
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £25 (that's a £8 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Total - £61 (£56 if Cinema removed, £44 if Cinema and Sports removed).

This includes FREE Phone Line & Broadband Superfast activation, saving you £70!
    One-off admin fee of £10 will be added to your next bill.

Actually not a bad offer but it’s been creeping up and up every year so I’ve decided to not take it up this time. Thought I’d let you know what’s been offered given the terrible offers during the 30 day cancellation period.
  • Just let my Sky package fully cancel after not receiving any good retention offers. I was on the following:

Sky Entertainment - £14
    Sky Sports Complete - £14
    SKy Cinema - £8
    Sky Sport HD - FREE
    Sky HD - FREE
    Sky Q 1TB box
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £21
    Total £57

After it’d been cancelled for a couple of days I went back on chat and was offered the following:

Sky Signature - £16 (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky HD - £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    Sky Sports Complete - £6 (that's a £30 discount with Sky Cinema & an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema - £11 (that's an £8 discount when keeping Sports)
    Sky Broadband Superfast - £25 (that's a £8 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Total - £61 (£56 if Cinema removed, £44 if Cinema and Sports removed).

This includes FREE Phone Line & Broadband Superfast activation, saving you £70!
    One-off admin fee of £10 will be added to your next bill.

Actually not a bad offer but it’s been creeping up and up every year so I’ve decided to not take it up this time. Thought I’d let you know what’s been offered given the terrible offers during the 30 day cancellation period.
    do you remember what rough total price were you offered in the cancelation period? i got my first email reminder to contact them today but holding out
  • First email offer was:

Sky TV and Sky Sports for just £34 a month for 18 months, with a £10 one‑off fee.

Second email offer was:

Sky TV including box sets, Sports and Cinema for just £39 a month for 18 months (plus a £10 one‑off fee).

On the phone a couple of days before it was due to fully cancel I can’t remember exactly but it was well over £70. On chat not long after the cancellation period started it was £80-90 plus. Normally I’d make a note of the offers but they were so bad I didn’t bother.
  • CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have the link for where you offers appear on sky.com when you are in your notice period.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure