Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4.3K replies 813.5K views

Replies

• edited 19 August at 5:09AM
    fairywishesfairywishes Forumite
    308 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 19 August at 5:09AM
    marco44 said:
    berttie said:
    Sky messed up my billing so I cancelled when offered a poor renewal. Got a text ask to call in about a possible deal and was offered this after a bit of haggling 
    How long after you cancelled did sky text you to offer the deal. 
    I cancelled my contract 1 week ago. I was not happy with the new contract they offered me. 
    Hi I cancelled on the 21st July 1st email was 25th July and 1st Text 2nd Aug.. Have had numerous text messages and emails since asking me to come back but no telephone call at all from the "win back team". My preferences shows email, text and phone all activated.

I was originally paying £42  a month rising to £44.32 after april then it shot upto £84.once out of contract.
    Chat on 4 different occasions has so far offered me £52, £51, £49 and £48 today waiving the £20 admin fee.
    Have been with them for 21 years plus and I just don't think they give a darn anymore about retaining customers.
    Today was quoted;
    Sky Signature  £21
    Multi screen.    £10
    Cinema.             £5
    Netflix.               £5
    HD.                     £3
    UHD.                   £4     

So I'm not sure what to advise you as I'm not sure what to do myself, looks like I'm leaving on the 21st Aug!
  • mouse10mouse10 Forumite
    90 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Cancelled 3 months ago.
    Just had email and letter offering
    TV and sports £28. 18 month contract. 
    Cinema £5
    HD £3
    Netflix £5
    Broadband £28 
    I won't be renewing.
  • Rammie67Rammie67 Forumite
    13 Posts
    mouse10 said:
    Cancelled 3 months ago.
    Cinema £5
    HD £3
    Netflix £5
    Broadband £28 
    I won't be renewing.
    My TV service ended two weeks ago (I don’t have Broadband with Sky). I’ve had a couple of online chats with them and on the latest I was offered the same above, obviously without Broadband, but with Cinema £11. They wouldn’t budge at all. If they had offered Cinema for £5 like above I’d have accepted. So my cancellation remains effective. I’ve been a customer for over 20 years but I’m not going to contact them anymore now. If they want my custom they can contact me - marketing preferences are all set to Yes. I’ll be returning my Q equipment back to them in a month and if it reaches that point I doubt I will ever be a Sky customer again. 
  • berttieberttie Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    About two weeks before I got the txt message
  • mouse10mouse10 Forumite
    90 Posts
    Rammie67 said:
    mouse10 said:
    Cancelled 3 months ago.
    Cinema £5
    HD £3
    Netflix £5
    Broadband £28 
    I won't be renewing.
    My TV service ended two weeks ago (I don’t have Broadband with Sky). I’ve had a couple of online chats with them and on the latest I was offered the same above, obviously without Broadband, but with Cinema £11. They wouldn’t budge at all. If they had offered Cinema for £5 like above I’d have accepted. So my cancellation remains effective. I’ve been a customer for over 20 years but I’m not going to contact them anymore now. If they want my custom they can contact me - marketing preferences are all set to Yes. I’ll be returning my Q equipment back to them in a month and if it reaches that point I doubt I will ever be a Sky customer again. 
    I don't have Broadband with Sky. They did offer it and indicated they might do a better deal if I took it along with the TV. There was also a £10 admin fee, which they would credit. I asked about Sky Q, as I still have an old HD box. They offered a Sky Q 1TB box at no charge including installation. The chat was done on sky.com/comeback10.
  • edited 21 August at 12:49PM
    fairywishesfairywishes Forumite
    308 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 21 August at 12:49PM
    With 2 days to go till cut off I've accepted £47 a month with the £20 admin fee waived.
    I was paying £44.32 which had gone up to £84 for my Sky TV.
    I received lots of emails and texts since cancellation but never a phone call.

I've phoned once and used online chat 4 times, the offers ranged from £52 to todays £47. Even then the system wouldn't allow her to apply the extra £1 off the Netflix package so she had to credit my account instead with the £18 to bring it to £47 which leads me to believe there were genuinely no other discounts available.

So 44% (if no broadband) seems to be the best they're offering me unless I disconnect and wait a few months with no service then some people have reported being offered 50% 

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    With 2 days to go till cut off I've accepted £47 a month with the £20 admin fee waived.
    I was paying £44.32 which had gone up to £84 for my Sky TV.
    I received lots of emails and texts since cancellation but never a phone call.

I've phoned once and online chat 4 times, the offers ranged from £52 to todays £47. Even then the system wouldn't allow her to apply the extra £1 off the Netflix package so she had to credit my account instead with the £18 to bring it to £47.

44% (if no broadband) seems to be the best they're offering right now unless you disconnect and wait a few months with no service then some people have reported being offered 50% 

They are pretty careful now about NOT knocking off fixed percentages but putting together bespoke packages where you might pay full price for one item and nothing for another. I calculated my discount vs "list" when I renewed recently as 49% on the figures on Future bills but with all the offers about, trying to get a true base cost is nigh on impossible eg I'm being charged discounted price for both Sports HD and Sky HD but looking at my daughter's future bills ,HD is included!!
  • dazzaofdagenhamdazzaofdagenham Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Got a text from SKY today about my sky going off in 2 days.

after a long chat got a package for £58

all channels except kids
    Inc cinema and movies
    HD and UHD 

have a SKY Q box 2 TB and one mini box

not sure how all this breaks down….but happy with this 
  • edited 21 August at 3:40PM
    mits999mits999 Forumite
    82 Posts
    edited 21 August at 3:40PM
    Got a text from SKY today about my sky going off in 2 days.

after a long chat got a package for £58

all channels except kids
    Inc cinema and movies
    HD and UHD 

have a SKY Q box 2 TB and one mini box

not sure how all this breaks down….but happy with this 
    That’s a premium price does it include bt sport
  • marco44marco44 Forumite
    19 Posts
    I cancelled my Sky two weeks ago. My 18 month contract was ending it was going up from £46 per month to £84 per month. 

They offered me a deal for £52 per month plus A £20 Admin fee. I was not happy with that so I cancelled my Sky contract. 

Today I contacted them on Sky Chat to see what they would offer me.
    Surprised that they offered me a better deal considering that I still had two weeks to go till my Sky would be switched off. 

They offered me.  
    Sky Signature at £19 a month 
    Kids at £2 
    Hd at £3
    Cinema at £7
    Sky Q Multiscreen £13
    Total £44 a month for 18 months plus a £10 Admin fee. 
    I told them if they waver the Admin Fee they have a deal. 
    They agreed to waver the Admin Fee 

So £44 a month for 18 months I’m happy with that.