Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.4K replies 823.2K views

Replies

• Ms_ChocaholicMs_Chocaholic Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're on the basic Sky package, we pay £23 pcm - I need to check when it's due for renewal but is there any chance of getting a discount on such a basic package, thank you :)
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • smallblueplanetsmallblueplanet Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    We're on the basic Sky package, we pay £23 pcm - I need to check when it's due for renewal but is there any chance of getting a discount on such a basic package, thank you :)
    There's always a deal I think. :)  But it's easier in a way when you have more. Ask and see what they offer, but still might be you have to cancel - you don't have to go through with it.
  • dazzaofdagenhamdazzaofdagenham Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    mits999 said:
    Got a text from SKY today about my sky going off in 2 days.

after a long chat got a package for £58

all channels except kids
    Inc cinema and movies
    HD and UHD 

have a SKY Q box 2 TB and one mini box

not sure how all this breaks down….but happy with this 
    That’s a premium price does it include bt sport
    No BT sport..

suprised you say premium price…
    what would you expect to pay for this 
  • ArgustimewasArgustimewas Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hello.
    I've been with Sky TV for 13 years.
    I'm locked into broadband elsewhere for another year, so can't take this from Sky at the moment.
    I've renegotiated the price I've paid over the years at the end of various contacts, but have never cancelled before.
    My most recent offer prior to cancellation after a bit of discussion with the "cancellation advisor" was:
    Sky Signature & HD: £30 or Sky Signature (including Netflix) & HD £32 (I don't want any other options / services)
    I said this was too much and cancelled giving 31 days notice.
    Is the above offer reasonable? How much lower should I try to achieve?
    Thanks 
  • Joe9090Joe9090 Forumite
    168 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hello.
    I'm locked into broadband elsewhere for another year, so can't take this from Sky at the moment.
    I've renegotiated the price I've paid over the years at the end of various contacts, but have never cancelled before.
    My most recent offer prior to cancellation after a bit of discussion with the "cancellation advisor" was:
    Sky Signature & HD: £30 or Sky Signature (including Netflix) & HD £32 (I don't want any other options / services)
    Thanks 
    Welcome to the forum.

It's worth looking back through previous posts (start at say page 422) to see what other people have negotiated.

You will find some people have Signature at around £15 but you have to take into account that they have other services which allows Sky to charge Signature lower. 
  • Numberwang_2Numberwang_2 Forumite
    29 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hello.
    Thanks 
    What are you currently paying? I’m on basic signature,kids,hd,box sets (no sky Q) at £19  goes up to £36 in September.  Giving 31 days notice tomorrow. Aiming for same £ or less if possible. Or trying to get sports for circa £25. 
  • ArgustimewasArgustimewas Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Thanks. 
    I was paying £30 for Sky Sig on Sky Q & HD (no Netflix).
    The renewal offer was £33, then £32 after which I was transferred to the cancellation person who offered £31, then £30 or £32 with Netflix at which it stuck with no further offer so I was invited to take it or leave it. 
    I then gave 31 days notice of cancellation. 
    Do you think I'll improve on where I am currently?
  • edited 25 August at 9:20PM
    mits999mits999 Forumite
    92 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 25 August at 9:20PM
    People should be paying no more than 
    sky signature £13 to £15
    hd free to £1
    kids £1 to £2
    Sky sports £10
    Sky cinema £5
    bt sport £10 to £13
    netflix £3 to £4
    multiscreen £7 to £10

usually these prices are given when you have given notice to cancel and in some cases fully cancelled
  • Joe9090Joe9090 Forumite
    168 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    mits999 said:
    sky signature £13 to £15
    hd free to £1
    kids £1 to £2
    Sky sports £10
    Sky cinema £5
    bt sport £10 to £13
    netflix £3 to £4
    multiscreen £7 to £10

usually these prices are given when you have given notice to cancel and in some cases fully cancelled
    If you look back through the pages here to see what people have actually agreed nobody has got signature on its own for £13. I have never seen anything like those prices for BT Sport. I would have been happy for Sky to match the Plusnet price of £15 for BT Sport but they would not go anywhere near it! 
  • Mwood1Mwood1 Forumite
    102 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Joe9090 said:
    mits999 said:
    sky signature £13 to £15
    hd free to £1
    kids £1 to £2
    Sky sports £10
    Sky cinema £5
    bt sport £10 to £13
    netflix £3 to £4
    multiscreen £7 to £10

If you look back through the pages here to see what people have actually agreed nobody has got signature on its own for £13. I have never seen anything like those prices for BT Sport. I would have been happy for Sky to match the Plusnet price of £15 for BT Sport but they would not go anywhere near it! 
    I have Signature on its own for £14(no admin fee) there was an issue so they gave me a £20 credit so £13pcm for the year. NB. There will probably be a price rise next April.