Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.4K replies 824.7K views

Replies

• ba_baracussba_baracuss Forumite
    26 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    copels said:
    stulaunch said:
    All those waiting for offers. Keep trying on chat. Having just renewed and reading this forum the minimum you should be asking for is
    Signature £16
    Sports £16
    HD £3
    Movies £8
    Multiroom £7
    Were you stuck on 'connecting' forever before you got through? That's all I get, for literally hours. Not sure if they're busy or if it's a technical issue.
    Do you mean try starting a new chat while in the cancellation period? If so what's the best way to kick that off without weakening your negotiating position!
    I've tried before and after cancellation with no luck. Began with text offers which were rubbish which I didn't accept.

The text offers began with asking what I wanted to pay, and then they offered a bit higher. Like negotiating for a car or whatever else really. Have a figure in mind that you know other people have got from here. 

They never really followed up properly though and advisors would seemingly finish their shift without any notice and leave you talking to a bot. Then the chat wouldn't connect so my cancellation completed.
  • stulaunchstulaunch Forumite
    521 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    This is the link I used for chatting for new offer.

https://www.sky.com/live-chat/comeback?aw
  • edited 3 July at 12:08PM
    FuturisticFuturistic Forumite
    841 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    edited 3 July at 12:08PM
    Got the below via comeback live chat, originally offered £21 like everyone else in this thread recently but told them I wanted to pay same price. I was few days away from my account closing. 

Sky Entertainment > Sky Signature - £18
    Sky HD - Free
    18 month contract
  • BluestrawBluestraw Forumite
    14 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    Using the live-chat link above, 1 week after giving my notice to cancel I got:

Sky Signature £18
    Sky Ultimate £5
    Sky Kids £2
    Sky HD free
    Sky Sports inc HD £14
    Sky Q Multiscreen £10
    Total £49 (18 month contract) + £10 admin fee

I was paying £50 in 2019 which went up to £54.80 in this year's price rises so very happy with that outcome. The initial offer last week was about £70... It took about an hour on chat today - first he offered £54pm (Signature £20, HD £3), then when I said I'd leave it he 'had a word with his supervisor' and reduced Signature to £18 (so £52pm). I then said I didn't want to pay the admin fee, and after telling him I'd be happy to go to Virgin, he 'had another word with his supervisor', came back and said he can't waive the admin fee but can make the HD part free - so effectively a lot better than if he'd just waived the fee! :smile:
  • GoldustGoldust Forumite
    522 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I gave my notice last week and switched on all my communication preferences that were off.  But I had a few questions.

First one, do I have to turn on Send communications to my Sky iD email?  I don't understand what this does - I think we've had emails in the past from Sky but it appeared to be switch off.  It's now on.

Also, seeing people say they are seeing offers when they log in.  Do they pop up straight away?  Or does it depend on the customer?

Just want to make sure I'm armed accordingly to get a good deal!
  • stulaunchstulaunch Forumite
    521 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Goldust said:
    I gave my notice last week and switched on all my communication preferences that were off.  But I had a few questions.

First one, do I have to turn on Send communications to my Sky iD email?  I don't understand what this does - I think we've had emails in the past from Sky but it appeared to be switch off.  It's now on.

Also, seeing people say they are seeing offers when they log in.  Do they pop up straight away?  Or does it depend on the customer?

Just want to make sure I'm armed accordingly to get a good deal!
    I would be doing exactly the same as Bluestraw (post prior to yours) 
    Don't take anything less than their prices. If you don't get the deal you want, end chat and try again.

• spreadtraderspreadtrader Forumite
    103 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi  everyone

Just been offered
    Signature £20
    Kids £2
    Ultimate £5
    Hd £0
    UHd £0
    Sports and cinema £19
    Q Multiscreen £11

Total £57

Presume thats the full package now as i was on an older box sets package before

anyone had any better or is it decent, 2 weeks into cancellation

[
  • LouiseAHLouiseAH Forumite
    34 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Mat_Lock said:
    LouiseAH said:
    I cancelled my Sky service 8 days ago and haven't received any deals or a call to offer me a better deal. Bye Bye Sky its been emotional.
    Have you ensured in your preferences that you have allowed SKY to contact you by phone, email and SMS. If no, then they won't contact you at all.
    Thanks for the info. I checked to make sure I had the preferences selected so Sky could contact me and they were selected. I actually received a text message 2 days ago asking me to contact them to discuss a new deal. I have been busy so havent contacted them yet but will update when I do.
  • Mr_BennMr_Benn Forumite
    293 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hello all .  Whats the best way of haggling these  days please , chat online or calling them ?   Schoolboy error that Ive not rang them before prices have shot up, but I must be out of contract anyway by now.  
  • mits999mits999 Forumite
    93 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Mr_Benn said:
    Hello all .  Whats the best way of haggling these  days please , chat online or calling them ?   Schoolboy error that Ive not rang them before prices have shot up, but I must be out of contract anyway by now.  
    You should be aiming for

Signature £16
    kids £1
    hd free
    sky sports and cinema £19
    ultimate £4
    multiscreen £7
    ultra hd free