Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4.3K replies 806.2K views

Replies

• cambbcambb Forumite
    202 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    HI,
    My renewal has just came in and been offered the below:-

Sky Signature      £19
    Sky HD     £4.50
    Sky Sports - Complete Pack     £19
    Sky Sports HD     £2
    Ultimate TV Add on    £5
    Multiscreen      £15
    UltraHD     £4

All in £68.50.

Any ideas is that good or room for a haggle?

Thanks
  • Bakey72Bakey72 Forumite
    16 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    cambb said:
    HI,k

Sky Signature      £19
    Sky HD     £4.50
    Sky Sports HD     £2
    Ultimate TV Add on    £5
    Multiscreen      £15
    UltraHD     £4

All in £68.50.

Thanks
    I think you can get a better price, depends what you were paying and would be happy with now. As a comparison I have the same as you except I don’t have multiroom but do have cinema and mine is £42 (should have been £54 but ended up getting offered the cheaper price when their representative  put the offers through for 6 months instead of 18 and I complained).
  • LouiseAHLouiseAH Forumite
    34 Posts
    Bakey72 said:
    LouiseAH said:
    My contract has just finished with Sky. They have added £20.00 on my bill in last 3 months. In April they increased the price and then when my contract finished in June. I just spoke to the Value department and said I would sign a new deal if they could give me the same deal as before otherwise I am cancelling and joining BT. They said they couldnt give me the same deal so I cancelled. I know before they used to send you a better offer if you cancelled. Is this still the case?? 
    Yes, I’ve had to put a cancellation in once when not offered much and they phoned me. Sometimes it will show on your online account so check there. Don’t worry if you don’t hear from them for a while as it’s 31 days before they switch your Sky off, also the closer to your cancellation date you get then usually the better the deal you’re offered.

When I spoke to Sky they said the cancellation period was 14 days.
    34 Posts
    mits999 said:
    LouiseAH said:
    My contract has just finished with Sky. They have added £20.00 on my bill in last 3 months. In April they increased the price and then when my contract finished in June. I just spoke to the Value department and said I would sign a new deal if they could give me the same deal as before otherwise I am cancelling and joining BT. They said they couldnt give me the same deal so I cancelled. I know before they used to send you a better offer if you cancelled. Is this still the case?? 
    Wait for call back or go onto sky.com/mydeal there should be offer waiting for you 
    The sky.com/mydeal isn't working. Do you know roughly how long it takes them to make the call back?
  • Bakey72Bakey72 Forumite
    16 Posts
    That’s strange because everywhere else I’ve seen states it’s 31 days notice, they may have said that to try and get you to accept their first offer. It can sometimes take a week to 10 days before decent offers show on your account. Also if they do switch you off, if you can live without Sky for a day, you’ll get some really good come back to Sky offers.
  • copelscopels Forumite
    19 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    cambb said:
    HI,

Sky Signature      £19
    Sky HD     £4.50
    Sky Sports HD     £2
    Ultimate TV Add on    £5
    Multiscreen      £15
    UltraHD     £4

All in £68.50.

Thanks
    I've just been offered the below - not interested in Movies as we have Netflix and Amazon.

Not sure whether to cancel and try and get a better deal?

Sky Signature at £16 a month (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £5 a month (that's a £1 discount with an 18-month contract)
    HD at £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    UHD at £4
    Complete Sports at £19 (that's a £17 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema at £8 ((that's a £11 discount with an 18-month contract inc £8 off when you have Sports)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £15

This brings your total to £70 a month or £62 without cinema.

34 Posts
    Bakey72 said:
    That’s strange because everywhere else I’ve seen states it’s 31 days notice, they may have said that to try and get you to accept their first offer. It can sometimes take a week to 10 days before decent offers show on your account. Also if they do switch you off, if you can live without Sky for a day, you’ll get some really good come back to Sky offers.
    Yes I thought 14 days didn't sound correct. To be honest the Sky employee I spoke to on the phone sounded new to the job so she probably didnt know what she was talking about. I am not worried about going without broadband or landline for a few days. What does concern me is we have had the same landline number for a few years and dont want to loose this. If we have no service for a few days and then decided to switch to another provider because Sky wont give us a good deal. Is it easy to get the same landline number when you sign up with the new service.
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LouiseAH said:
    Bakey72 said:
    Yes I thought 14 days didn't sound correct. To be honest the Sky employee I spoke to on the phone sounded new to the job so she probably didnt know what she was talking about. I am not worried about going without broadband or landline for a few days. What does concern me is we have had the same landline number for a few years and dont want to loose this. If we have no service for a few days and then decided to switch to another provider because Sky wont give us a good deal. Is it easy to get the same landline number when you sign up with the new service.
    You will lose your number as soon as the service is cut off. If that's important for you then cancel the TV only and negotiate a new deal for that and ask about a deal for all at the same time.
  • Mat_LockMat_Lock Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The merry go round continues

SKY quoted 04/06/2021

sky sig 17
    netflix 5
    kids 2
    hd 3
    broadband 25
    multi 11

SKY quoted 24/06/2021

sky sig 21
    netflix 4
    hd 4
    broadband 18
    multi 11

Removed kids but now all the different modules cost a different value again

not sure I can squeeze any more out of them but I'd still rather pay £55 max for all of the above
  • ba_baracussba_baracuss Forumite
    22 Posts
    What should I be looking at for the following?

Sig
    Sports
    Multi
    Fibre

Last offer was 78 a few weeks ago. Sub expires in 2 days.

Don't care if it expires, will not blink first.