Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4.3K replies 806.5K views

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    19.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expires or just moves to rolling 30 day contract as per T&C ?? at standard price .
  • ba_baracussba_baracuss Forumite
    22 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    JJ_Egan said:
    Expires or just moves to rolling 30 day contract as per T&C ?? at standard price .
    No, fully cancelling.
  • Snowball389Snowball389 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If it’s useful for others negotiating at the moment, renewed Sky Tv package today on sky chat during last couple of days of contract.
    Signature 18
    Sports and cinema 19
    HD 3
    Kids 2
    Total £42 which was cheaper than my last renewal. Couldn’t avoid £10 admin charge but feel it was a fair price for package judging what others have said before on this forum.
    22 Posts
    If it’s useful for others negotiating at the moment, renewed Sky Tv package today on sky chat during last couple of days of contract.
    Signature 18
    Sports and cinema 19
    HD 3
    Kids 2
    Total £42 which was cheaper than my last renewal. Couldn’t avoid £10 admin charge but feel it was a fair price for package judging what others have said before on this forum.
    The chat was stuck on 'connecting' endlessly for me. Previously had negotiations via text which were abandoned by their operators presumably when they finished shifts (they didn't say anything, just left) which were never followed up on. Then got a message saying 'call us to see what your options are'. How about you make me a better offer? So unprofessional and arrogant.
  • copelscopels Forumite
    19 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Cancelled SKY TV package 25/6 as price had gone from £51 to £82/month. Before I cancelled I was offered £70 or £62 without Sky Cinema for the below:

Sky Signature at £16 a month (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £5 a month (that's a £1 discount with an 18-month contract)
    HD at £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    UHD at £4
    Complete Sports at £19 (that's a £17 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema at £8 ((that's a £11 discount with an 18-month contract inc £8 off when you have Sports)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £15

Never cancelled before - should I be worried I haven't heard anything yet? Quite a few people have suggested a revised deal is normally available the day after cancelling...
    22 Posts
    copels said:
    Cancelled SKY TV package 25/6 as price had gone from £51 to £82/month. Before I cancelled I was offered £70 or £62 without Sky Cinema for the below:

Sky Signature at £16 a month (that's a £15 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £5 a month (that's a £1 discount with an 18-month contract)
    HD at £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    UHD at £4
    Complete Sports at £19 (that's a £17 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Cinema at £8 ((that's a £11 discount with an 18-month contract inc £8 off when you have Sports)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £15

Never cancelled before - should I be worried I haven't heard anything yet? Quite a few people have suggested a revised deal is normally available the day after cancelling...
    Mine cancelled on saturday. No offers yet either.
  • LouiseAHLouiseAH Forumite
    34 Posts
    I cancelled my Sky service 8 days ago and haven't received any deals or a call to offer me a better deal. Bye Bye Sky its been emotional.
  • stulaunchstulaunch Forumite
    519 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    All those waiting for offers. Keep trying on chat. Having just renewed and reading this forum the minimum you should be asking for is
    Signature £16
    Sports £16
    HD £3
    Movies £8
    Multiroom £7
  • Mat_LockMat_Lock Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    LouiseAH said:
    I cancelled my Sky service 8 days ago and haven't received any deals or a call to offer me a better deal. Bye Bye Sky its been emotional.
    Have you ensured in your preferences that you have allowed SKY to contact you by phone, email and SMS. If no, then they won't contact you at all.