Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4.3K replies 806.2K views

Replies

• ax1999ax1999 Forumite
    5 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Joe9090 I literally just phoned up the new customers line. Not sure how good a deal it was but it was the best they could do. They also gave me a £20 bill credit actually. BT TV equivalent package was £10 cheaper but the BT box is so useless.
  • Joe9090Joe9090 Forumite
    162 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ax1999 Thanks. Those prices with the bill credit look pretty good to me! 
  • bigdanrbigdanr Forumite
    4 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I had the usual merry dance with Sky yesterday. Best advice has already been posted. 
    1) Call the retentions number and say you want to cancel
    2) Let them try and change your package/offer you their "best deal".
    3) Hold firm and say you still want to cancel, and will check your finances etc. They will formalise the process and say you have 31 days to change your mind. 
    4) Wait half hour or so, log into the website, go to the "mydeal" page and there you will have better offers than what retentions can give. 
    I ended up calling them back and they spent an age trying to match the web page offer but eventually threw in Broadband Boost as part of the deal. 
    So I did this also. I could get the full tv package less kids for £42 according to the mydeals page. I rang them as I wanted to renew broadband too and didn't have the option. They basically said it was a system glitch and included the discounts I currently get. Told them it didn't say that anywhere on the deals page. 

They told me to take advantage of the deal as they couldn't recreate it??!?
  • edited 8 June at 2:44PM
    aquinn101aquinn101 Forumite
    26 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 8 June at 2:44PM
    Anyone any idea why the www.sky.com/mydeal link no longer works? Was working last few days but when I attempted to log in today to avail of an offer, the site no longer seems to be working. Is there any other way to navigate to these offers when you log in on the main Sky site? I can't seem to find them.
  • FuturisticFuturistic Forumite
    841 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    aquinn101 said:
    Anyone any idea why the www.sky.com/mydeal link no longer works? Was working last few days but when I attempted to log in today to avail of an offer, the site no longer seems to be working. Is there any other way to navigate to these offers when you log in on the main Sky site? I can't seem to find them.
    I got 404 error but only just cancelled few days ago and didn't try till now 
  • stulaunchstulaunch Forumite
    519 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    aquinn101 said:
    aquinn101 said:
    This link is still working for me
    https://www.sky.com/shop/select/pending-cancel/choose-pack?c=9VFEJ5JL&DCMP=dmc-skycom:ec_my_deal&awc=11005_1594584356_1283d871107e02ea307c108197de4520&dcmp=afc-47868-na-na-longtail&dclid=CJeso9HByOoCFWoHBgAdBFIDpw&splat=%5B%22choose-pack%22%5D&captures=%5B%22choose-pack%22%5D
  • Mat_LockMat_Lock Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    stulaunch said:
    aquinn101 said:
    aquinn101 said:
    https://www.sky.com/shop/select/pending-cancel/choose-pack?c=9VFEJ5JL&DCMP=dmc-skycom:ec_my_deal&awc=11005_1594584356_1283d871107e02ea307c108197de4520&dcmp=afc-47868-na-na-longtail&dclid=CJeso9HByOoCFWoHBgAdBFIDpw&splat=%5B%22choose-pack%22%5D&captures=%5B%22choose-pack%22%5D
    Nope

It looks like we are having a problem with your request.
    We're working a little differently in these challenging times to keep our staff and customers safe. We're currently only able to deal with calls from our vulnerable customers and key workers, so please don't contact us. Instead, use the help available online, on the My Sky app, and on your Sky box.
  • aquinn101aquinn101 Forumite
    26 Posts
    aquinn101 said:
    I was getting the same error message earlier too. 

stulaunch said:
    aquinn101 said:
    aquinn101 said:
    This link seems to work for me too. Thanks. 👍
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of interest ,took a look at Future bills this morning for my Sky TV package, as the 18 month deal ends in August.
    To my surprise, they appear to be giving me a new deal from the August date , unfortunately not as good as current , but ~ £21 pm off "list" price for old Sky HD box, with NO discounts for Sports however.
    But as currently I'm on ~ £40pm off ,I'll still be phoning for a better deal -Sky Sports are deffo not worth what they want anymore.
  • mits999mits999 Forumite
    81 Posts
    The my deals link does still work