Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4.3K replies 813.4K views

Replies

• jimbow25jimbow25 Forumite
    347 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Mat_Lock said:
    mits999 said:
    If you want best price place cancellation then next day go onto sky.com/mydeals there will be a offer waiting for you 
    The page you're looking for could not be found
    The link you used may be out of date or the address may have been typed incorrectly.
    Please check and try again.
    Try
    www.sky.com/mydeal
  • Mat_LockMat_Lock Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jimbow25 said:
    Mat_Lock said:
    mits999 said:
    If you want best price place cancellation then next day go onto sky.com/mydeals there will be a offer waiting for you 
    The link you used may be out of date or the address may have been typed incorrectly.
    Try
    www.sky.com/mydeal
    Can't win here

It looks like we are having a problem with your request.

We're working a little differently in these challenging times to keep our staff and customers safe. We're currently only able to deal with calls from our vulnerable customers and key workers, so please don't contact us. Instead, use the help available online, on the My Sky app, and on your Sky box.

• mits999mits999 Forumite
    82 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Mat_Lock said:
    mits999 said:
    Have you put in cancellation 
  • WonderkampWonderkamp Forumite
    14 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I had the usual merry dance with Sky yesterday. Best advice has already been posted. 
    1) Call the retentions number and say you want to cancel
    2) Let them try and change your package/offer you their "best deal".
    3) Hold firm and say you still want to cancel, and will check your finances etc. They will formalise the process and say you have 31 days to change your mind. 
    4) Wait half hour or so, log into the website, go to the "mydeal" page and there you will have better offers than what retentions can give. 
    I ended up calling them back and they spent an age trying to match the web page offer but eventually threw in Broadband Boost as part of the deal. 
  • djsmith200djsmith200 Forumite
    6 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys
    can i ask if you were to call up tonight and cancel due to being out of contract, do you lose access to your box features etc straightaway? then wait for the offers, sign up again, and your recorded/downloaded shows on your box will be avaliable again? or can you request the latest box?

cheers
  • WonderkampWonderkamp Forumite
    14 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys
    can i ask if you were to call up tonight and cancel due to being out of contract, do you lose access to your box features etc straightaway? then wait for the offers, sign up again, and your recorded/downloaded shows on your box will be avaliable again? or can you request the latest box?

cheers
    No, the recordings and downloads remain on there until the cancellation is complete 31 days later. They tell you this in their cancellation blurb. 
  • WoodhousesjwWoodhousesjw Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi all, first time commenter so hoping someone here can help me out! 
    My contract is coming to an end in the next month or so. Received an email from Sky late last week saying they were going to extend my existing offers for another 18 months - no action needed.

Great, or so I thought. Logged into mysky and saw that my bills will actually increase by £10. Contacted Sky today and the best they could do was £14 more than my new increased price - so I asked to cancel.

Feels pretty dodgy to email saying my price won't change and actually increasing my price!

Current package:
    Entertainment £21
    Sky sports £13
    Cinema £8
    HD £5
    Multiroom FREE
    Super fast Broadband £26
    Total £73

Will move to £83 in July
    Best Sky could offer £94 + £20 admin fee!

Any thoughts on a price to target for that package? I'd rather not completely lose sky, but could probably survive a few days out of contract if it gets me a better price.
  • MM2002MM2002 Forumite
    129 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys, my 18month contract is up.
    Whats the best going rate once you cancel with sky and all that malarkey. Currently have ultimate on demand-£12, sky sports £15, HD £2.50, multi room (Sky Q) £6.50 broadband superfast £27, sky talk £0 BB Boost £2, total £71 per month
    What can I now expect to pay, best price? My local fibre has just upgraded to 900mbps, I currently get around 30mbps
    Thanks in advance
    MM2002
  • mits999mits999 Forumite
    82 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    MM2002 said:
    Hi Guys, my 18month contract is up.
    Whats the best going rate once you cancel with sky and all that malarkey. Currently have ultimate on demand-£12, sky sports £15, HD £2.50, multi room (Sky Q) £6.50 broadband superfast £27, sky talk £0 BB Boost £2, total £71 per month
    What can I now expect to pay, best price? My local fibre has just upgraded to 900mbps, I currently get around 30mbps
    Thanks in advance
    MM2002
    I would move to Vodafone for 900mps broadband and cancel tv then log onto sky.com/mydeal NEXTDAY that way you will always pay best price for the tv
  • Joe9090Joe9090 Forumite
    162 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    sky.com/mydeal does not work!
    Have a look back at the last couple of pages of this thread.