Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was due to be disconnected in 2 days time. Had an "offer" through the post that was the same as I got given at cancellation. Went on live chat to tell them to stop wasting my time with "offers" that weren't. 

Long story short - got them down to £32/month for Signature and Full Sports all in HD. They insisted on the £10 admin fee but convinced them  to give me £10 credit to cover it. Happy with that - cheapest I've had for a while.
  • theonenonly
    theonenonly Posts: 113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Used to pay £39 quid, and now for the same package being asked to pay £45 now that I've cancelled.

They don't do offers like they used to anymore
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 May 2021 at 9:20PM
    Options
    I left sky just under a year ago but when I go to the mydeal page I get a page that says they’re only dealing with vulnerable customers. I’ve moved house since so might be harder to get reactivated as we don’t have a dish here. Any idea if I should call them and see what they offer or should I just assume I’ve left it too long?
  • mits999
    mits999 Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JamesN said:
    I left sky just under a year ago but when I go to the mydeal page I get a page that says they’re only dealing with vulnerable customers. I’ve moved house since so might be harder to get reactivated as we don’t have a dish here. Any idea if I should call them and see what they offer or should I just assume I’ve left it too long?
    Mydeals page only comes up when your within 31 day notice period, your best best is to contact Winback team if your within 12 months of leaving
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mits999 said:
    JamesN said:
    Mydeals page only comes up when your within 31 day notice period, your best best is to contact Winback team if your within 12 months of leaving
    Thanks, I’ll look to see it that’s possible still. 
  • xssc32x
    xssc32x Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can anyone confirm the most up to date free phone number to call retentions to see if I can get a better deal.
    cheers
    si
  • magsirl
    magsirl Posts: 219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2021 at 10:44PM
    Options
    xssc32x said:
    Hi, can anyone confirm the most up to date free phone number to call retentions to see if I can get a better deal.
    cheers
    si
    Hi, the number is 0333 7591 018. Good luck. 
    Oops sorry this phone number is only free if you have free calls with Sky. Apologies, I have Sky landline so my calls are free.

call to a 0333 number costs the same cost as a regular call to a landline or mobile home. All numbers begin with 03 being at the same speed as standard fixed network numbers starting with '01' or '02' loaded. If your fixed telephony offers include phone callscalls to 0333 numbers will be included in the same way.
  • Geordie_bear
    Geordie_bear Posts: 539 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2021 at 2:48PM
    Options
    I only had the TV the best offer I got after speaking to the second level retentions was Entertainment package full HD on Sky Q for £21 so I left......3 week after I left I got a call saying they would do all the above for £14 plus lots of box sets for free so that's a 33.3% reduction however I bought freesat which can record up to 4 channels at the same time & pause live TV with record for £199 so I declined. I rate sky channels at £5 tops and said if I were to come back to you I'd only pay £5 a month.

Offers are there you just need to be prepared to lose SKY for a few weeks.
  • mits999
    mits999 Posts: 234 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2021 at 5:36AM
    Options
    I urge.everyone to cancel sky to get best deals, word of advice when calling sky, your first words must be “I’d like to cancel”

Also anyone who has been with sky more than 18 months are usually paying a premium, I personally been going back and forth virgin - sky for last 2 decades to get best deal
  • TheBeeMan
    TheBeeMan Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 May 2021 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Afternoon all, hope you're all keeping safe and well.

I'd appreciate your help wth this as it's all getting a bit stressful for me with my PTSD & Anxiety issues.

Currently with Sky for my TV services and my payment breakdown for the past 18 moths is as follows:
    Sky Entertainment £13 per month
    Sky Sports Complete £17 per month
    Sky Sports HD £2 per month
    Sky HD £0 per month
    Sky Box Sets £0 per month
    Sky Go Extra £0 per month
    Total of £34.00 per month including price incease from April

Just been on the phone to Sky to tell them "I wish to cancel" and have gone through all the options to keep me as a customer.

Sky have offered me the following breakdown:
    Sky Signature £21 per month
    Sky Sports £20 per month
    Sky HD £6 per month
    + Sky UHD £7 per month (I've Upgraded my TV to a 4K TV suporting UHD so asked for the extra UHD package)
    + a £25 one off payment for the Sky Q UHD Box
    Total £51 per month and Sky CAN'T/WON'T do any better than this price.

What would you guys do as it's costing me £17 more per month to just have UHD.
    Or without UHD it's still costing me £13 more each month to stay with the same package I've had for the past 18 months.
    No Cheaper and they can't even match my price I've been paying.

What would you guys do?

As always your help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport