Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.4K replies 823.7K views

Replies

• PZ19PZ19 Forumite
    229 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    realised said:
    How are you all getting these offers? I have cancelled twice now and each time i go online or call them, they won't budge on the exact same offer (offer is not changing at all)

Sky signature: £22 a month
    HD - £4
    Multiscreen £11

The letters that come through the post are also exactly the same. my package ends on the 30th

Is there anything on mydeals?
  • realisedrealised Forumite
    471 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    PZ19 said:
    realised said:
    How are you all getting these offers? I have cancelled twice now and each time i go online or call them, they won't budge on the exact same offer (offer is not changing at all)

Sky signature: £22 a month
    HD - £4
    Multiscreen £11

The letters that come through the post are also exactly the same. my package ends on the 30th

Is there anything on mydeals?

Yes, exactly the same deal ☹️😫
  • KorkybKorkyb Forumite
    514 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Out of contract in about 5 weeks & payments were about to shoot up.

I went through webchat 2 days ago & after a 2 chats got:

Signature   £16
    Ultimate     £5
    Kids           £1
    Cinema     £8
    HD            £3

New 18 month contract.

This is the same as the deal I negotiated 18 months ago so I'm happy with this.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Korkyb said:
    Out of contract in about 5 weeks & payments were about to shoot up.

I went through webchat 2 days ago & after a 2 chats got:

Signature   £16
    Ultimate     £5
    Kids           £1
    Cinema     £8
    HD            £3

New 18 month contract.

This is the same as the deal I negotiated 18 months ago so I'm happy with this.
    Seems to be easier to get deals at the moment if you don't want Sports but take Cinema    :/
  • DonnySaverDonnySaver Forumite
    544 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I just tried "come back to Sky" webchat today. Offer I got was exactly the same as what was on my "pending cancellation" page:-

Signature £18
    SKY HD £3
    Sports £14 
    +£10 admin fee

I declined.
  • SamDudeSamDude Forumite
    311 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭
    As I'm near the end of my Sky TV offer, the contract price was due to go up in 31 days time from £58 to £108 per month.

My current package is: 
    • Sky Entertainment £24.00
    • Sky Kids £1.00
    • Sky Sports - Complete Pack £15.00
    • Sky Cinema £5.50
    • Sky Sports HD £2.00
    • Sky HD £3.00
    • Sky Q Multiscreen Pack £7.50
    • Bill total £58.00
    It was £52.50 until last month, but the price increase meant it is £58 from the April bill.
    I don't have Sky Phone/Broadband or Mobile.

I called Sky this evening to cancel Sky TV, having played the disconnection/reconnection merry-go-round for many years.

I was told that my current discount price had automatically renewed for 12 months, without actually committing me to a renewal contract.
    I've not had any letter/email/notification from Sky about this so was not sure what was going on.

Whilst on the call, I checked my upcoming Sky bills and it showed £58 for the May, June and July estimated bills.

The CS rep said that it was for 12 months and I could cancel at any time as I was out of contract.

Two questions:
    Has anyone else had this 'automatic renewal without contract'?
    Is my package a good deal for £58 per month compared with other negotiations?
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    SamDude said:

Two questions:
    Has anyone else had this 'automatic renewal without contract'?
    Is my package a good deal for £58 per month compared with other negotiations?
    Re Q1 -Yes ,occasionally customers have been offered renewals on the same terms as previous deal - but they are in the small minority, seemingly random.
    Re Q 2. - If you look back thru' recent deals posted , I would say that there is still a bit of room for negotiation ,maybe another £8-£10 pm off ?
  • Mwood1Mwood1 Forumite
    102 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Long story short.

Sky signature £16 per month 18 month contract.

Cancelled within the 30 days cooling off period. Service due to stop tomorrow.

Have just agreed(by phone) Sky Signature £14 per month, new 18 month contract(prices may rise April 2022)
  • Mwood1Mwood1 Forumite
    102 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Update. £13 per month.
  • katies_mumkaties_mum Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our 18m Sky contract was due to finish next month. Our monthly cost went up from £45 to £49 with the recent price rise, we have Entertainment, Box sets, HD and Superfast BB with free anytime calls.   I have just received this email from them...  it might not be the cheapest package we have but I am so happy I don`t have to spend time trying to negotiate a new price so £49 will do fine for the time being.

We noticed you have some offers ending soon, so your price would normally go up. But the good news is, we’ve extended your offers for another 12 months and you don’t have to do a thing.

So enjoy another great year with us while you continue to save. It's our way of saying thank you for being with Sky.