Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.4K replies 822.8K views

Replies

• mouse10mouse10 Forumite
    90 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Cancelled and disconnected last month. Just been offered Signature £16, Sports £12, HD £3. £10 admin fee. 18 month contract. Not renewing at the moment.

• Mr_BennMr_Benn Forumite
    293 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    mits999 said:
    Mr_Benn said:
    Hello all .  Whats the best way of haggling these  days please , chat online or calling them ?   Schoolboy error that Ive not rang them before prices have shot up, but I must be out of contract anyway by now.  
    You should be aiming for

Signature £16
    kids £1
    hd free
    sky sports and cinema £19
    ultimate £4
    multiscreen £7
    ultra hd free
     Thanks for that, its not far off what i was paying in April. 

What I meant was are the best deals had by actually ringing them up.  Or can you get the same deals via online chat ?   Thanks
  • BluestrawBluestraw Forumite
    14 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts
    mouse10 said:
    Cancelled and disconnected last month. Just been offered Signature £16, Sports £12, HD £3. £10 admin fee. 18 month contract. Not renewing at the moment.

Not sure that offer will be beaten... What are you aiming for?
  • BluestrawBluestraw Forumite
    14 Posts
    Mr_Benn said:
    mits999 said:
    Mr_Benn said:
    Hello all .  Whats the best way of haggling these  days please , chat online or calling them ?   Schoolboy error that Ive not rang them before prices have shot up, but I must be out of contract anyway by now.  
    You should be aiming for

Signature £16
    kids £1
    hd free
    sky sports and cinema £19
    ultimate £4
    multiscreen £7
    ultra hd free
     Thanks for that, its not far off what i was paying in April. 

What I meant was are the best deals had by actually ringing them up.  Or can you get the same deals via online chat ?   Thanks
    I'd use this link - https://www.sky.com/live-chat/comeback?aw. The prices in that 'aim for' list are certainly super good, I settled for some costs a bit more (see my post above) which I still think are pretty decent and weren't hard to negotiate via that chat link. Note I hadn't actually let my cancellation complete (I was 1 week into my notice period). Also, you're unlikely to get such good offers until after you give notice - you can't use the link here until you're actually in a 'cancel' process (31 days notice)
  • Grav15Grav15 Forumite
    9 Posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    paying £43
    with sky and superfast broadband 

• geoffWgeoffW Forumite
    175 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Spoke to retentions after cancelling Sky earlier in the week and got Sky Sports and BT Sports for £54 a month on an 18 month contract, had to pay the £10 admin charge. That's £30 for the Sky package and £24 for the BT package.
  • WongusWongus Forumite
    27 Posts
    Spoke via the chat function and received the following:

Free Sky Q box and installation

-18 month contract 
    Sky Signature - £19
    Sky Sports HD - £20
    Sky Cinema - £8

-Non Contracted

HD - £5
    Ultimate - £5 (I'm paying £10 for Netflix, so save £5 a month doing this)

Total £57pm

£20 admin fee, but £20 credited to my account. 
  • ba_baracussba_baracuss Forumite
    26 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    mouse10 said:

Got this offer minus the HD with multiroom added for £7 a month through the post.

I had also cancelled and been disconnected for a while, so this may be the way to get the best deal if you don't mind a few weeks without it.
  • theonenonlytheonenonly Forumite
    43 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sky Signature at £16 a month (that's a £5 + £12 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Ultimate TV add on (Netflix standard) at £5 a month (that's a £1 discount)
    Kids at £2 (that's a £4 discount)
    HD at £3 (that's a £4 discount)
    Sky Cinema at £5 ((that's a £8 + £6 discount with an 18-month contract)
    Sky Q Multiscreen at £12 (that is £3 discount when having ultimate tv add on with an 18-month contract)

Any good?