Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• civil12345
    Options
    Tried live chat today was offered 60% off TV with no contract, £7.50 off fibre and £50 credit. Total price ~£69 per month. Rejected. Am I expecting too much? I just wanted a little more:o. Cut off is mid-Jan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    civil12345 wrote: »
    Tried live chat today was offered 60% off TV with no contract, £7.50 off fibre and £50 credit. Total price ~£69 per month. Rejected. Am I expecting too much? I just wanted a little more:o. Cut off is mid-Jan.

It's whatever suits you really, I settled for 60% of TV free ADSL and £50 credit as on my package it works out at 55% discount over a 12 month contract. What does that work out to on your package?
  • civil12345
    Options
    About 44%. Asked for the higher % off and larger credit but wouldn't budge.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    About 44%. Asked for the higher % off and larger credit but wouldn't budge.

Comes down to how brave you are then :)

Can you cancel and do without for a couple of weeks?
  • civil12345
    Options
    I can, but I'd rather not! Do you think I'm likely to get a better deal a few days before the end or am I likely to have to go all the way? I was close to taking it this morning, as first time I tried I didn't get the £7.50 off the fibre included so that was an improvement.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can, but I'd rather not! Do you think I'm likely to get a better deal a few days before the end or am I likely to have to go all the way? I was close to taking it this morning, as first time I tried I didn't get the £7.50 off the fibre included so that was an improvement.

If you really don't want to leave then contact them 2 or 3 days before it switches off (if they haven't meanwhile).

Ask them if they have any better deals come up since as you're getting turned off in a couple of days but try to sound disinterested in their answer as they will give you the least possible as that's their job.

You can at least quote your last offer if they don't offer anything better and stop the cancellation going through.
  • civil12345
    Options
    Thanks, that sounds like a good plan. It's all too easy to keep going on live chat to see if they'll offer anything better now...
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What makes you say they're giving an additional £5 voucher once you've used the original one? Where would it appear?

...only going on what I've been told by another Sky customer -I haven't used my £13.99 voucher yet - he said they credited his account with another £5 for Sky Store but in order to use it he had to input card details as apparently it can't be added to the monthly account (?)
    I'll no doubt find out myself tomorrow as the wife wants to watch something new for Xmas Eve :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ...only going on what I've been told by another Sky customer -I haven't used my £13.99 voucher yet - he said they credited his account with another £5 for Sky Store but in order to use it he had to input card details as apparently it can't be added to the monthly account (?)
    I'll no doubt find out myself tomorrow as the wife wants to watch something new for Xmas Eve :)

I've used it when my £13.99 offer came and you do need to enter your debit card details. No credit showing though.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,519 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've used it when my £13.99 offer came and you do need to enter your debit card details. No credit showing though.

...so even tho' you are a current Sky customer you had to input card details just to use the original £13.99 voucher ??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback