Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• nightshot99
    Options
    I put my disconnect request in last week, been on chat a couple of times but keep getting the same offer and they won't budge. Saying each time its the same offer that you were offered before.
    Their offer is:
    Entertainment £15
    Multiroom £12
    HD £1
    Sports £18
    Total £46 on a 12 month contract with £10 admin fee.

I'm a bit annoyed because I actually got a better offer when I was putting my disconnection request in, same bundle for £43 with no admin fee.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Just ticked the boxes to see and the next box is check-out no mention of multi room, so not pressing that button....decisions decisions Just a bit frightened if I speak to them they will not honour those prices (I do have them screenshot) and I will be charged £10 grrrr

I've just checked on my account, I'm on +HD but they'll give me multi-room on Sky Q for a one off £20 for the 1TB box or £75 for the 2TB box plus an additional £12 a month with no £10 mentioned in the T&C's.

I'm still pretty sure that the £10 "Admin" fee is only chargeable when phoning them and even then if you're firm can be waived.

Edit: that would include a mini box BTW.
  • nightshot99
    Options
    Just checked on the my deal page with Sky and see I am being offered
    Entertainment £13 12 month minimum contract
    Box Sets £1 31 day rolling
    HD £1 31 day rolling

I dont even get the offer page, I get Unable to proceed
    Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818.
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Wonder where I can find the multi room on my page, I am a bit frightened to click off the offer I have so far in case it disappears. When I try to duplicate the sky website it just goes funny so unable to open 2 pages at the same time. £24 difference in price offered to what I really would like but if I take off £10 fee then its only £14 and a 12 month contract, don`t think its worth quibbling is going up to £23.50 on old original package with no box sets or HD. If I can`t find multi room will have to ring them.

Now I need to sort out my BB the offer currently finishing is increasing to £46.99. Unlimited fibre, line rental and anytime calls (did check if I needed the calls but whilst I don`t make a lot they do come to more than £8 a month) not sure of any other way round not having this. Not really seen any BB offers, has anyone had anything decent?
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Think I left it too long as cannot get back into that page with the offers just says `bad request 400` in black writing whatever that means. So serves me right for piddling about
  • katies_mum
    Options
    must be problem with google as managed it on explorer! very odd. Now going to sort out multi room. Thanks for listening x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    must be problem with google as managed it on explorer! very odd. Now going to sort out multi room. Thanks for listening x

Sky store information in the cookies which can stop you looking at new customer offers for instance. I always use a different browser when I'm just checking up on them without signing in.
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Quick update, got it all sorted using Explorer rather than Google. Then had to ring sky to ask them to add the multi room, which they have done also on a 12 month contract, waived admin fee of £10 which I reminded them was not charged if you do it on-line. For entertainment, HD, Box sets and multi room £27 for 12m phewwww!

They would only knock £5 off my broadband/phone bill so leaving that as it is with 14 days notice and will start on that tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice it is so much appreciated
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Quick update, got it all sorted using Explorer rather than Google. Then had to ring sky to ask them to add the multi room, which they have done also on a 12 month contract, waived admin fee of £10 which I reminded them was not charged if you do it on-line. For entertainment, HD, Box sets and multi room £27 for 12m phewwww!

They would only knock £5 off my broadband/phone bill so leaving that as it is with 14 days notice and will start on that tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for your help and advice it is so much appreciated

Good job on the TV part, that's a decent deal. In fact I'm paying £19 odd for the legacy Boxsets package on a rolling monthly contract so I might have to call them.

You haven't asked them to cancel the BB I hope? If so ring back and stop it. If you do move, your new supplier will handle Sky's end.
  • katies_mum
    Options
    I didn`t cancel BB Colin_Maybe on the advice of this topic. Need to though as cost is scary.

The offer for TV was on my sky.com/mydeal I`m sure it was mentioned in something I read earlier this morning so thought I would give it a try. The offer yesterday on the phone was £15 without boxs sets or HD. Will be nice to have box sets back.

Wondering about Now TV fibre broadband? Any good and is it easy to change over, do you do it yourself? I have been really happy with Sky Fiber and really want to stay with them but the only offers I am getting is to save £5 over an 18m contract. Sky said its only 14 days to cancel BB and something about it would be an active live take over if I mover (whatever that is)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback