Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Iresa still claiming that they have not received my final gas reading from E.ON. E.ON's Malc saying that all figures have been passed over.
    I've passed on the phone number given to me by Malc for them to call to get the final readings sorted but they're playing dumb with me (which they are) !:mad:

Add me to the list of extremely annoyed ex Iresa customers! :mad:

I had the same issue when I moved my gas to Zog. Zog stated final reading had already been sent to Iresa it but I eventually got Zog to phone them and after several attempts they managed to get somebody at Iresa actually answered the phone. There's not many suppliers who are willing to wait an hour in a queue for ignorant incompetent pillocks like Iresa to pick up the phone.

I've cancelled my direct debit at the bank - if I hadn't they would just have carried on taking the money! There was no attempt made by Iresa to cancel the direct debit.

I've had what I believe to be my final gas bill although it doesn't mention it being final anywhere on the bill and obviously the calorific value calculation is wrong yet again and there's no sign of my credit refund as yet. I'm now waiting for my final electric bill and credit refund for both gas and electric accounts.

My first complaint re calorific value calculations is already with the Ombudsman after Iresa failed to respond to my original complaint. I'm just waiting for Iresa to respond to the Ombudsman - which they won't.

My second complaint re calorific value calculations has already been raised with Iresa and I'm full expecting that will also be ignored and end up having to go to the Ombudsman. :mad:

My complaint re the issue of final bills and credit refunds has already been raised with Iresa and will be going to the Ombudsman if it's not forthcoming by the due date.

The clock is now ticking and the countdown has begun! :rotfl:

From ongoing correspondence with Ofgem it's clear that they have absolutely no interest in sorting out Iresa's non-compliance with the terms and conditions of their Operators Licenses in the immediate future stating only that Ofgem's Compliance Team are currently in ongoing discussions with Iresa.
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Add me to the list of extremely annoyed ex Iresa customers! :mad:

I had the same issue when I moved my gas to Zog. Zog stated final reading had already been sent to Iresa it but I eventually got Zog to phone them and after several attempts they managed to get somebody at Iresa actually answered the phone. There's not many suppliers who are willing to wait an hour in a queue for ignorant incompetent pillocks like Iresa to pick up the phone.

I've cancelled my direct debit at the bank - if I hadn't they would just have carried on taking the money! There was no attempt made by Iresa to cancel the direct debit.

I've had what I believe to be my final gas bill although it doesn't mention it being final anywhere on the bill and obviously the calorific value calculation is wrong yet again and there's no sign of my credit refund as yet. I'm now waiting for my final electric bill and credit refund for both gas and electric accounts.

My first complaint re calorific value calculations is already with the Ombudsman after Iresa failed to respond to my original complaint. I'm just waiting for Iresa to respond to the Ombudsman - which they won't.

My second complaint re calorific value calculations has already been raised with Iresa and I'm full expecting that will also be ignored and end up having to go to the Ombudsman. :mad:

My complaint re the issue of final bills and credit refunds has already been raised with Iresa and will be going to the Ombudsman if it's not forthcoming by the due date.

The clock is now ticking and the countdown has begun! :rotfl:

From ongoing correspondence with Ofgem it's clear that they have absolutely no interest in sorting out Iresa's non-compliance with the terms and conditions of their Operators Licenses in the immediate future stating only that Ofgem's Compliance Team are currently in ongoing discussions with Iresa.

I agree. My complaint to Ofgem resulted in an anodyne response that took me nowhere.

Despite Iresa's attempts to block my transfer, I believe and hope I have been successful.

They have never acknowledged the transfer or the meter readings, and I too have cancelled the direct debit. From the experience of others on Trustpilot etc, they continue with the direct debit even after you have left them.

I expect it will take some time to eventually free yourself totally from Iresa and get the credit refund. I still anticipate problems ahead, with possible spurious debt collector letters etc!
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    I expect it will take some time to eventually free yourself totally from Iresa and get the credit refund. I still anticipate problems ahead, with possible spurious debt collector letters etc!

Sadly it appears that this has to be looked upon it as a game to be played to the death. Ultimately there will only be one winner and it will not be Iresa! :D

There's not a lot of money involved but at each step along the way with the Ombudsman I'm hoping the that cash till rings louder draining a little more each time from Iresa's already dwindling resources until they either finally get the message or go bust through their sheer incompetence and stupidity.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Iresa still claiming that they have not received my final gas reading from E.ON. E.ON's Malc saying that all figures have been passed over.
    I've passed on the phone number given to me by Malc for them to call to get the final readings sorted but they're playing dumb with me (which they are) !:mad:

I think Malc from Eon may have inadvertently mis-led you
    Suppliers do not pass meter readings directly to other suppliers, but rather they go via a third party

If you are supplied via an IGT, that causes even longer delays sometimes.

A universal IT upgrade recently also caused dealys to many people switching gas
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/05/gas-switch-delays

Can I ask, why did you even move your gas to Iresa - I'm sure there were cheaper options avaialble
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    I think Malc from Eon may have inadvertently mis-led you
    Suppliers do not pass meter readings directly to other suppliers, but rather they go via a third party

If you are supplied via an IGT, that causes even longer delays sometimes.

A universal IT upgrade recently also caused dealys to many people switching gas
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/05/gas-switch-delays

Can I ask, why did you even move your gas to Iresa - I'm sure there were cheaper options avaialble
    I moved Gas and Electricity to Iresa because they were the cheapest for both in my area.

Iresa are now claiming this: "our gas readings are showing as having failed validation. I have escalated this to our team for investigation and resubmitted the readings for you."
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Out of interest, when does the 8 week clock start ticking from before you can go to the Ombudsman/OfGem ? I feel this has been going on for weeks & weeks now. Does the clock start from when E.ON took over my supply?
  • Mistermeaner
    Mistermeaner Posts: 2,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    to keep all informed of my ongoing saga:

My gas and electric is now a mess!

IRESA are still not responding to emails or letters - they are impossible to communicate with (this includes direct emails, postal letters and contact via their support on the website)

The website changes daily regards the reporting of my meter readings and billings (despite me emailing them weekly readings and submitting readings through their website)

They have been blocking my transfer away from them since aroujd april time. EDF have now cancelled my transfer to them because IRESA won't let me go!

My account is in credit and I have requested a final bill - no response. Bills that do appear on my online account literally make no sense at all(readings are garbage)

I've got a formal complaint running with the ombudsman - no response from them so far

Also let OFGEN know; they weren't interested but hey ho

No idea what is going to happen next as I cancelled my direct debit

I'll keep emailing weekly
    Left is never right but I always am.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Out of interest, when does the 8 week clock start ticking from before you can go to the Ombudsman/OfGem ? I feel this has been going on for weeks & weeks now. Does the clock start from when E.ON took over my supply?

The clock starts ticking from the date when you first raise a formal complaint with Iresa via your online account. If it's not resolved after 8 weeks you can then refer your complaint to the Ombudsman Energy for resolution. After a further 6-8 weeks where they gather information and evidence from both yourself and Iresa and review the case they subsequently provide a resolution which Iresa have to accept but you do not.

Having said that I understand that Iresa are ignoring the Ombudsman Energy as well so the process sits for 6-8 weeks waiting for something that will probably never arrive which makes a complete mockery of the whole process. :D

Ofgem are not involved in the process at all.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Presumably Ombudsman Energy does something after the 6-8 weeks if it hasn't heard from Iresa?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Presumably Ombudsman Energy does something after the 6-8 weeks if it hasn't heard from Iresa?

It reviews the evidence provided by the customer and imposes their decision/resolution on Iresa and seeks to get the customer to accept their proposed resolution to close the case.

Of course if Iresa aren't communicating with the Ombudsman Energy actually getting Iresa to do what they're told may prove difficult! :mad:

This may be worth a read https://www.ombudsman-services.org/docs/default-source/website-content/energy-remedy-implementation-policy.pdf?sfvrsn=2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure