Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It reviews the evidence provided by the customer and imposes their decision/resolution on Iresa and seeks to get the customer to accept their proposed resolution to close the case.

Of course if Iresa aren't communicating with the Ombudsman Energy actually getting Iresa to do what they're told may prove difficult! :mad:

This may be worth a read https://www.ombudsman-services.org/docs/default-source/website-content/energy-remedy-implementation-policy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

My experience 10 weeks after passing the complaint on to The EO is that it makes a Decision even if the supplier hasn't provided an input (in the EO's words 'sending a copy of the complaint file'). The EO will then ask whether the complainant accepts the Decision?. The Decision is then passed on to the supplier. At this point, the supplier may provide the facts that The EO asked for in the first place and try to dispute the Decision. If the 'evidence' provided does not materially change the Decision that has been made, the supplier is told that the Decision stands. the supplier then has 28 days to comply. Failure to comply will result in another £100 admin fee. FWiW, I am still waiting for Iresa to implement The EO's Decision made just over 2 weeks ago.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From what I'm reading from you all above, the Energy Ombudsman and OfGem might as well not exist! If Iresa are not willing to let people switch, or issue final bills & credit refunds, and the governing bodies won't hold them to account - then where/who do we turn to?

Do we have to start formal legal action against them to gee them up?
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 June 2017 at 4:20PM
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    From what I'm reading from you all above, the Energy Ombudsman and OfGem might as well not exist! If Iresa are not willing to let people switch, or issue final bills & credit refunds, and the governing bodies won't hold them to account - then where/who do we turn to?

The Ombudsman Energy's full process is clearly defined in the link to their Remedy Implementation Policy I posted earlier. This can include expelling the supplier from using their services and reporting the supplier to Ofgem (the Regulator) as being unfit to trade. At every stage of the process it costs Iresa more and more cash that they just don't have.

What is baffling and even more worrying is Ofgem's current stance and continued refusal to take swift and decisive action to force Iresa to comply with the terms and conditions of their Operator's Licenses especially when Ofgem have been provided with the necessary evidence which proves beyond doubt that Iresa are non-compliant in a number of different areas.

Should Ofgem continue to refuse to take appropriate action to protect consumers from rogue suppliers like Iresa consumers are left with no option but to use Ofgem's own complaints procedure to obtain a resolution.

If the consumer is still unhappy with the response received to the complaint against Ofgem a complaint can then be raised via your MP with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)

This link explains https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/about-us/transparency/complaints-about-ofgem

It seems that Ofgem like to cover their @$$es and hide behind multiple layers of red tape and bureaucracy in the hope that the consumer just loses the will to live and gives up. :D
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Iresa back on Twitter this PM after an absence of 11 days...so not dead yet...
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,516 Forumite
    Options
    Glad I only moved leccy to them - looks like getting credit back on a move, is going to be a long,drawn out affair.:eek:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 June 2017 at 9:11PM
    Options
    I moved Gas and Electricity to Iresa because they were the cheapest for both in my area.

Iresa are now claiming this: "our gas readings are showing as having failed validation. I have escalated this to our team for investigation and resubmitted the readings for you."

Well at least it sounds like they are answering the phone promptly now :)

Even more impressive if they are communicating with you in other ways.

Either way, very good progress by Iresa based on all the other past rhetoric posted in this thread

:T

In the meantime, if they don't have a validated start reading, they cannot bill you for consumption, so enjoy the nice interest you'll be earning on the accruing credit in your account

:beer:
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Ofgem do not deal with customer complaints

Follow the suppliers complaint procedure - it telkls you when you can go to the ombudsman

Courts are not impressed if you turn to them without first having tried all reasonable efforts to resolve the matter out of court.

If you go to court, and assuming you win (I'm nor sure you will nas I don't uundestand what your PoC will be) then if you have not tried to resolve the matter out of court, you may still have to pay the court fees yourself

So Good luck!
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Iresa have a new web portal for customer accounts available this morning.

When you log in to your account you have a choice between viewing the old and the new.

There must be a reason for them going to the expense of creating it but other than looking slightly different I can't immediately see where any meaningful changes have been made and from what I can see the main issue with the incorrect calorific value calculation and use of the 'multiplier' for gas still persists.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    footyguy wrote: »
    Ofgem do not deal with customer complaints

Follow the suppliers complaint procedure - it telkls you when you can go to the ombudsman

Courts are not impressed if you turn to them without first having tried all reasonable efforts to resolve the matter out of court.

If you go to court, and assuming you win (I'm nor sure you will nas I don't uundestand what your PoC will be) then if you have not tried to resolve the matter out of court, you may still have to pay the court fees yourself

So Good luck!

Nah - I wasn't suggesting I really take them to court. I was just looking for people's opinion on whether they thought the "system" was letting them down. Personally, I'm not quite as far down the road with my complaint process as some others are on here. I am finding that Twitter is the best way of contacting them though - they do respond on there.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,516 Forumite
    Options
    Iresa have a new web portal for customer accounts available this morning.

When you log in to your account you have a choice between viewing the old and the new.

There must be a reason for them going to the expense of creating it but other than looking slightly different I can't immediately see where any meaningful changes have been made and from what I can see the main issue with the incorrect calorific value calculation and use of the 'multiplier' for gas still persists.

DOES actually look a more professional effort - meter readings have no spurious decimal points and it looks like it is designed for £ inputs -wonder if they have transferred all customers over to the new database?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure