Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    What are Iresa up to? I gave meter readings in plenty of time and as required yet the following message appeared on both gas and electric bills

There was no valid meter reading available within the billing period as at the time this bill was
    generated. If your submissions are up to date, it will appear in the next statement.

Are they simply not coping or is it some ploy?
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Iresa sent me 2 emails yesterday saying my bills (plural) were ready. I've got an electricity bill with correct reading readings on it (the opening reading I supplied to E.ON) but there is still no Gas reading on my gas bill. Still not seen one on there since April 1st.

Therefore I am now £8.69 in credit on my Electricity but £86.14 in credit on my Gas. I know we've have the project Nexus stuff going on but surely they should have them by now ????
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    DonnySaver wrote: »
    Nexus stuff going on
    Somebody here will know more but based on
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/project-nexus-steering-group-17-may-2017
    The Go Live date was 1st June - just a couple of weeks back. Does it all work? Where are the Group Minutes?
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2017/06/project_nexus_steering_group_minutes_17_may_2017_-_sent_to_pnsg.pdf (empty?)

But the main question is have Iresa updated their own IT systems to work with the new Xoserve systems. We can all have a wild guess on that one.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • warwickbears
    Options
    Dreadful company. I raised a ticket 03/06/17 to query why 2 separate electricity readings I provided were not validated. No response as yet. I have now received a bill showing no usage.

To quote from their web site front page...

THE IRESA ADVANTAGE

Why become our customer? (under 'Constant Support'):

We believe our customers deserve the best. We will not only listen. We will swing into action

Please....
  • vkharch
    vkharch Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 June 2017 at 2:19PM
    Options
    I've been with them for 2 months, almost switched off to another supplier but canceled as Iresa seems to be getting its act together. My enquire was answered and I finally got the bill which seems to be surprisingly correct.
    Plus they do pay interest on the balance in credit!!!

I'd say do not bother to switch to them if you not prepare to contact them, wait and wait again for their response and also recalculate your bills yourself. Regarding meter readings there are delays in updating those in the system but if they are not updated then you are in credit and getting interest paid on the balance, do not expect earn a lot though, still something new I came across energy company.

Personally I cannot see them to survive for long time in current business model but this will be for Ofgem to sort out. As long as I can understand their bill calculation and it is correct I am OK with paying their lower energy cost. Otherwise I'd switch already.
  • fatemeh
    fatemeh Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I also have a problem with my gas bills - not one meter reading have been "validated" (Iresa jargon) since April 2017. I am over £80 in debit for gas and over £50 in credit for electricity. Iresa takes one direct debit but divides it between gas and electricity and keeps the accounts separate under the umbrella of one customer ID.

I have already started the switch to a more expensive supplier. I'd rather pay more (I am between low and medium usage, so it's not a huge strain) but have the guarantee my readings will be taken into account...and my queries responded to by an actual customer service team.
  • Blackdog
    Blackdog Posts: 459 Forumite
    Options
    fatemeh wrote: »
    I also have a problem with my gas bills - not one meter reading have been "validated" (Iresa jargon) since April 2017. I am over £80 in debit for gas and over £50 in credit for electricity. Iresa takes one direct debit but divides it between gas and electricity and keeps the accounts separate under the umbrella of one customer ID.

It is strange how Iresa keep the gas and electric credits separate. Has anyone got any experience of whether they transfer credit between the two if either gas or electric is in debit? How do they calculate what the split of the direct debit amount is between gas and electric. In my case I would have a larger credit in the electric account even if they billed me properly for the gas.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fatemeh wrote: »

I have already started the switch to a more expensive supplier. I'd rather pay more (I am between low and medium usage, so it's not a huge strain) but have the guarantee my readings will be taken into account...and my queries responded to by an actual customer service team.

I don't understand.
    If the gas readings have not been validated (which is neither jargon nor unique to Iresa - it applies to all suppliers), then with Iresa they do not charge for consumption ... so I struggle to understand why you are £80 in debit; your account should be in credit or at worst zero.

Yes, many suppliers take just one direct debit for dual fuel, and then split it between fuels which the do 'behind the scenes'

Bottom line is, according to you, your account is already £30 in debit (£80 debit plus £50 credit) since beginning of May and assuming this is based on actual or good estimated readings, it sounds like you gave the supplier widely inaccurate anticipated annual consumption estimates when you joined (particularly considering time of year it is)

I'm not even sure why you opted for gas from this supplier anyway - I'm sure there were cheaper options.

Oh well, good luck with your switch to an even more expensive supplier :cool:
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    5 days with no Twitter activity by Iresa again ...
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Today Iresa sent me an e-mail notification of a new direct debit mandate for precisely the same amount and due around the same date. The existing mandate is still in operation so there was no need to do this. Trying to read between the lines I can only assume that they anticipate that my current mandate is about to be cancelled due to a transfer to a different supplier in a few days and they are trying to circumvent this, ie they present the fresh mandate and get payment at the same time.

Despite the higher tariffs with the new supplier I am really looking forward to hopefully getting away from Iresa and their abysmal systems. I suspect, however, that I may/will continue to have hassle on various fronts. They have not produced my last bill, or acknowledged closing meter readings etc re the transfer. I still have outstanding unanswered complaints over the transfer. I anticipate that the new supplier may also have problems. My account will be in credit and getting that refunded may also prove difficult. It may be quicker and more effective going to the small claims court if there is a problem with a credit refund rather than through the Ombudsman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure