Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Nice People Thread No. 15, a Cyber Summer

Options
Welcome to the new Nice People Thread. Since it has been such a long wet and miserable and windy and generally horrible winter I'm laying on a Cyber Summer to remind us that just possibly at some stage we will get some gentle and warm weather! Come sit by my drowsy OH on the virtual patio, there's more chairs up on the deck, and we'll light a barbie shortly. :beer: There's even a virtual G&T on that stool by the vacant chair! :j

20436639589_8b2bbb1332_z.jpgIMG_8344 by Maggie, on Flickr

We are Nice People here, we are kind and friendly. We love a good sunset, a mountain view, interesting clouds, pretty flowers, allotments (well, at least one of us does! ;) ) birds and butterflies and other such nice stuff. Mushroom and Marmite posts welcomed - like or loathe! We love our dear pets, both cats and dogs, other animals and birds too, who enrich our lives in many and varied ways. We have a healthy interest in Interior Design, Architecture and how to go about renovating and/or extending our homes. New posters are welcomed, we are a nosy lot, so expect some questions! :)

I promised you a barbie - this doesn't have a lot on it at the mo, but we'll put some more charcoal on and chuck on some more stuff - home made kebabs, and butcher's best sausages, and we'll light up the other smaller pot belly barbie for the vegetarians among us.

14539746143_4976d507f6_z.jpgBarbie! by Maggie, on Flickr

And when we've finished eating we'll add on lots of wood so we can sit around the fire, have friendly conversation, and watch the stars emerging, and if we're very lucky we might see a pass of the International Space Station.

14498629932_df45b94673_z.jpgBonfire in the barbie by Maggie, on Flickr

Many thanks to all who have come before me - as a relative latecomer I don't know all of them. But I gather the person who started off this amazing set of threads was carolt, so all kudos and many thanks to her. :A

Previous threads can be found here:
Part 14, Part 13, Part 12, Part11, Part 10, Part 9, Part 8, Part 7, Part 6, Part 5, Part 4, Part 3, Part 2, and Part 1.

Enjoy the fun Nice People! :beer:

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Haha! It's WONDERFUL Maggie! Thank you!

:beer: :cool:
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,020 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Heinniken don't do NP thread intros...but if they did they (probably) wouldn't be as good as Maggie's. Thanks Mags
    I think....
  • Generali
    Generali Posts: 36,411 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Heinniken don't do NP thread intros...but if they did they (probably) wouldn't be as good as Maggie's. Thanks Mags

Gordons......?
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant Maggie! Thank you! Some Summer is just what we need at the moment (except possibly Generali, but I don't suppose he's averse to a bit more summer either:D)
  • hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonderful thread start! I think you've got yourself a job...
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Generali wrote: »
    Gordons......?

More like Hendricks I think :)

Thanks Maggie! Great intro, bodes well for another great episode of the NPT :T
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nikkster wrote: »
    More like Hendricks I think :)

Suspect Li*l's! No A*di near, though there may be soon. Gen is spot on for my fave, but mostly we get generic gin. My palate is carp so why not! ;):o :rotfl:
  • Nikkster
    Nikkster Posts: 6,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »
    Suspect Li*l's! No A*di near, though there may be soon. Gen is spot on for my fave, but mostly we get generic gin. My palate is carp so why not! ;):o :rotfl:

I can recommend Aldi gin. Think it's called Cromwell's or something like that. Not tried Lidl's. Maybe I should!
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    An al fresco thread, how lovely! Thanks maggie.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,995 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, thanks Mags, the thread to outshine all others. Hope it does give us a wonderful Summer.

I have to ask, is that a scarecrow in the shape of a fish in the first photo?
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure