Hotpoint urgent tumble dryer recall

Options

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes mines one effected as well but looking at the email received today mines being repaired in July and have been offered a replacement for £99

Bloody July.:eek:
  • JG1971
    JG1971 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Yes mines one effected as well but looking at the email received today mines being repaired in July and have been offered a replacement for £99
    Had phone call today to say sorry for the delay - and that someone will be in touch 'soon', no mention of if it will be a repair or replacement. If they tell me it'll be July before they can repair it then i'll be kicking off :mad:
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes weve been offered a replacement for our tumble dryer @ £99. However the replacment is 2cm deeper than ours (and most of their other ones) and the door opens the wrong way and cannot be switched.

Tried to call them yesterday. After being given 3 numbers on calling the third one I ended up in a queue for 2 hours without speaking to a human. Had to give up in the end. I called another number later in the day who said they would take all my details and their manager would pass it to their escalations team who would call me back straight away......no call back.

Was happy to accept a replacement (less deep, hinged the other way) for £99 but now going to push for a free one given the time wasted.
  • JG1971
    Options
    Apparently they offer you a free replacement if your dryer is less than 2 years old, otherwise they ask for £99.
    My dryer was purchased on 14th Jan 2014 but was registered as faulty on their website on 25th Nov last year.
    Still waiting...
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mine is more than 2 years old and im getting a replacement at no charge
  • JG1971
    Options
    mine is more than 2 years old and im getting a replacement at no charge
    Sorry, Iwas quoting from a user on another website, just assumed they had been told this by Hotpoint/Indesit.
  • ris2015
    ris2015 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I waited 6 weeks for the supposed contact with 5 weeks. Thank you to those of you who suggested using a PM via Facebook. This resulted in an appointment for a repair within just a few days.

The engineer came yesterday, the repair (for a vented tumble dryer) took 35 minutes of the 1 hour that he had been allocated.

The work comprised:
    Replacing the back panel, in order to provide a new seal with the drum.
    Placing a pop rivet in the back of the drum, which runs around the outside of the seal and knocks off the build up of fluff that would otherwise end up on the heater.
    Place a new (longer) strengthening beam diagonally across the back of the machine, to prevent flexing of the back panel due to vibrations which would otherwise cause fluff to get past the seal.
  • mossstitchmama
    Options
    I've got an Indesit vented dryer. I bought it December 2014 to replace one that was smoking and overheating. I've had the email notification on 28th November and I've registered a claim. Had not a peep from them since.

Is there any evidence that they are prioritising older machines first? My friend had one of the affected Hotpoints. She had three models which all set on fire and argued for, and got a complete refund in the end.
  • toejumper
    toejumper Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Had my dryer delivered today to replace my 7 year old indesit IS70C with the whirlpool one and i have to say I'm really please with it.
    I filled in the online form on the 23th November, Received a phone call on the 6th January to say they were going to replace it then another phone call on the 7th to arrange the delivery everything has gone so smoothly for me no mention of a repair or paying £99 toward another one.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    toejumper wrote: »
    Had my dryer delivered today to replace my 7 year old indesit IS70C with the whirlpool one and i have to say I'm really please with it.
    I filled in the online form on the 23th November, Received a phone call on the 6th January to say they were going to replace it then another phone call on the 7th to arrange the delivery everything has gone so smoothly for me no mention of a repair or paying £99 toward another one.

Ooh, that's promising, mine is the same model. Hoefully I will get a new (silver) one too.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure