Hotpoint urgent tumble dryer recall

Options
thistimenextyearrodney
thistimenextyearrodney Posts: 24 Forumite
edited 5 April 2016 at 12:36PM in Consumer rights
Official MSE Insert:

If you're looking for Hotpoint Tumble Dryer help our Hotpoint Tumble Dryer Help story has ways to possibly get a refund.

Back to thistimenextyearrodney's original post...

HOTPOINT HAVE ISSUED A STATEMENT RECALLING CERTAIN TUMBLE DRYERS DUE TO FIRE RISK
MODELS CAN BE CHECKED HERE

http://safety.hotpoint.eu/

Comments

• sadly mines affected - coincidently had a engineer (knowhow cover) out last month as the water pump had gone - he then said I needed a new back panel as hotpoint have issued a new rule on back panels! random - wonder if he already knew anyway he fixed the water pump and hasn't contacted me since - hoping Ill just get a straight swap as hes been out twice already.
  • DebDay
    DebDay Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine is one of the affected machines too... I believe it is pretty wide spread. My Hotpoint machine is from 2006-2008 (can't remember exactly when it was bought!). My Mam's Indesit is also there and that's from 2009 and my friends Hotpoint is there also and that's 2012. Not a small problem if they're willing to go back to 2004! It's disgusting. My house could have burned down while my family slept! They've obviously known about this for a long time, something has forced their hand.
    To say that we can continue to use the machines as long as we don't leave them unattended is also ridiculous, who has time to sit in their kitchen watching the tumble dryer do its job??
  • mine was bought feb 2014!!! I keep it in the shed at the bottom of the garden so cant really use it unattended :/
  • qwerty001
    qwerty001 Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 November 2015 at 8:45PM
    Options
    Me too, Indesit from 2011. Registered on the link given above ( http://safety.hotpoint.eu/ ). Wait and find out what happens next.

Check out this news link: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-3330462/Fire-risk-forces-maker-Hotpoint-Indesit-Creda-recall-appliances.html
    (New) AIM: MF within 5 years or less
    2015 £9K/8K/6K/5K/3K/1.5K/0.5K/0.1K/0K
    2014 £26K/21K/18K/17K/16K/15K/13K/12K/11K/10K
    2013 £46K
    2012 £52K
    2011 £76K/ 73K/ 67K / 59K
  • stokesley
    stokesley Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2015 at 9:46PM
    Options
    Very many thanks to the OP - I've got one too (Hotpoint, bought in 2010).:(
  • expressman33
    Options
    Mine is one of those affected and I have just put in my details online .
    Safety Notice - Tumble Dryers

Thank you for registering your details.

We will be contacting you as soon as possible to organise a convenient time for one of our engineers to visit your premises and correct your appliance.

Please note in the meantime you can continue to use your product, although we recommend that appliances are not left unattended whilst operating.

We also remind customers of the need for proper cleaning and maintenance, as outlined in the user manual.
    You can review the recommended maintenance procedure and watch our helpful video on our website.

For future reference, the maintenance advice for your tumble dryer can be accessed at this URL:
    http://safety.hotpoint.eu/action.jsp?t=2

We aim to keep all customers regularly updated by email and and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards
    hotpoint Service Team

But when I bought it I registered the dryer and my details , WHY HAVEN'T THEY ALREADY CONTACTED ME !
  • expressman33
    Options
    Hotpoint are very quick to charge us when they repair an appliance , can we charge them for the time and inconvenience this will cause ?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hotpoint are very quick to charge us when they repair an appliance , can we charge them for the time and inconvenience this will cause ?

If you are going to do the recall repair instead of them, then I cannot see why you can't charge them - having warned them beforehand, of course. :D
  • its a minor part that needs to be fitted - im presuming a panel between the filter and heat element - apparantly it takes less than an hour - ive already spoke to hotpoint
  • expressman33
    Options
    I mean charge them for having to take a half day off work when their engineer comes .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure