Hotpoint urgent tumble dryer recall

Options

Comments

• Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't heard anything about mine yet but did speak to an engineer as he was leaving a neighbours house last week from doing the fix. He said they are getting to everyone as fast as they can, every engineer is fully booked because of it and they still have their normal repairs to do on top of this new work.

He said some areas are getting quicker repairs than others depending on how many engineers are in the area. He also said that the vented machines are more of a safety concern than condensing ones so they are trying to get them done first.

I also haven't heard any thing about having mine done but I know they are getting through them so not at all worried yet and if it takes until mid to end of Jan to get it done it is not a problem at all.
  • Suzzy_Blue
    Options
    After initially contacting Hot point a few weeks ago they gave me a call yesterday asking me to confirm the details of my dryer. They have promised to provide me with a new dryer AZB 5870 and will be contacting me again the new year to arrange delivery of the new dryer and removal of the old one. This new dryer will come with a full 1 year warranted and 5 year parts.
  • I advised Hotpoint on the 23rd November about my tumble dryer fault and had an e-mail stating "we aim to keep all of our customers regularly updated by e-mail". I also spoke with someone at that time who indicated that I would receive a visit within four weeks.
    Today is the 22nd December and no e-mail, no contact whatsoever.

I have telephoned EVERY available telephone number associated with Hotpoint not just once but several times. With the exception of the ones taking details of the people reporting the problem there has been no response to the phone, or continually engaged or being connected and then cut off.

I have tried when able to, to locate and speak with either the managing director, sales director or the team engaged in organising the visits all to no avail. No person that I spoke with was able to furnish me with those details!

When looking at the various reports abounding on the internet it would seem that Hotpoint are loath to answer to people with any problems associated with their products.

This company must be the most devious ever in evading questions.
  • Did you see the report last night on the TV where a customer received a NEW(?) replacement tumble dryer and it caught fire when it was first switched on!!!!!
  • John_the_Boy
    Options
    I advised Hotpoint on the 23rd November about my tumble dryer fault and had an e-mail stating "we aim to keep all of our customers regularly updated by e-mail". I also spoke with someone at that time who indicated that I would receive a visit within four weeks.
    Today is the 22nd December and no e-mail, no contact whatsoever.

I have telephoned EVERY available telephone number associated with Hotpoint not just once but several times. With the exception of the ones taking details of the people reporting the problem there has been no response to the phone, or continually engaged or being connected and then cut off.

I have tried when able to, to locate and speak with either the managing director, sales director or the team engaged in organising the visits all to no avail. No person that I spoke with was able to furnish me with those details!

When looking at the various reports abounding on the internet it would seem that Hotpoint are loath to answer to people with any problems associated with their products.

This company must be the most devious ever in evading questions.

I went on to their facebook page two days ago, posted a comment on it being almost 5 weeks since I registered with them, got a PM requesting my details which I sent and a day later I got a text with an appointment.
  • Sharon_saward
    Options
    I received a call today to tell me they are giving me a new Tumble Dryer someone will contact me within the next couple of days to arrange delivery and to take my old one away. They are replacing it with model no AZB8570 which I was told was a Hotpoint make, but when googling it it is in fact a Whirlpool.
  • JG1971
    JG1971 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    I received a call today to tell me they are giving me a new Tumble Dryer someone will contact me within the next couple of days to arrange delivery and to take my old one away. They are replacing it with model no AZB8570 which I was told was a Hotpoint make, but when googling it it is in fact a Whirlpool.
    Hi, hope you don't mind me asking, but when did you contact them originally and what model of dryer do you currently have?
  • bigred23
    bigred23 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Advise needed, contacted hotpoint on 29th Nov about my tumble dryer and got the standard 5 weeks email. Now my tumble dryer keeps of tripping out our electrics. What do i do chase up Hotpoint or go a buy a new one. Bought it in March 2014.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a letter from Hotpoint today asking me to register,even though i already did on the 23rd of November
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tinman wrote: »
    I had a letter from Hotpoint today asking me to register,even though i already did on the 23rd of November

Very interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport