🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Hotpoint urgent tumble dryer recall

Options

Comments

• EggyEmmy
    EggyEmmy Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Did anyone see the story in the Daily Mail on Monday?

Hotpoint repaired one, only for it to set on fire later that day! That's my model also!

I cannot post a link but search "Hotpoint tumble dryer at the centre of a fire risk warning burst into flames AFTER an engineer had supposedly fixed the defect" and you will find the story.
  • helphelphelphelp
    Options
    My tumble dryer is also on the list of models that requires an engineer visit. Engineer duly visited and half and hour later my dryer is no longer a fire risk - he has broken a part on my machine and I cannot use it. Now I have to wait for a new part to arrive and wait in again for another appointment. Brilliant.
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I finally managed after 2 days to speak to someone about the offer of a replacement model for £99 but which would be too deep.

Managed to negotiate an alternative of the right depth free of charge and its coming on Tuesday.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    I got the £59 offer for a replacement. The 12 month warranty on the replacement saves £70.80 on Domestic & General maintenance contract, so overall I am £11.80 better off. I accepted.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • puppywalker23
    Options
    Which nuber did you call?,if you don't mind me asking.I tried loads of different numbers.As I was offered a replacement for £59,but want to chat to them 1st about it.
    All the numbers I called said you need to talk to another department.
    Credit Cards, Vanquis £3000 Capitalone £1500
    Accessory(sygma) £1250
    Littlewoods £2900,Very £1600
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    try 08001510906
  • puppywalker23
    Options
    Tried 08001510906.
    They said they couldn't help.Told me call 0344 822 4224. Press option 1 I think,tried all options got through none would help.
    Credit Cards, Vanquis £3000 Capitalone £1500
    Accessory(sygma) £1250
    Littlewoods £2900,Very £1600
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    that's def the number I spoke to and was given to me by there facebook team
  • eddie1234567
    Options
    Hi, who did you talk to.

The model they are offering now is a vented one for 59 (original 219).

Wanted to speak to someone about getting a condensing one as a vented is no use to us. But all I got was keep checking the website for any change in model.

Wouldn't entertain any discussion about what they could do to help
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,731 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a 7 year old Indesit, contacted Hotpoint/Indesit a day or so after contact details were published. Received a phone call just after Christmas offering free condensing Whirlpool replacement, which was delivered on 11 Jan.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport