3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Doing sort of okay here....Not a great Week but I'll get there....

Nothing to Report Moneywise from me....

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page but can you let me know if you have had to use all of your Emergency Fund for your Car...I'm so sorry to hear that the Car broke down....But at least you had your Emergency Fund there to use, that's what it's there for!! :) LEGOLAND sounds AWESOME and it sounds like you'll have a WONDERFUL time... xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep going hun xXx :)

aphill24 - WELCOME to the Gang...It's lovely to have you here....It sounds like you're doing AMAZINGLY already....keep it going and do let us know how you're getting on....I've added you to the Members List... xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome aphill24,

You are doing well already. You will have plenty of support and motivation on this thread so welcome aboard. :hello:
    Do keep us updated ;)

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Doing sort of okay here....Not a great Week but I'll get there....

Nothing to Report Moneywise from me....

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page but can you let me know if you have had to use all of your Emergency Fund for your Car...I'm so sorry to hear that the Car broke down....But at least you had your Emergency Fund there to use, that's what it's there for!! :) LEGOLAND sounds AWESOME and it sounds like you'll have a WONDERFUL time... xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep going hun xXx :)

aphill24 - WELCOME to the Gang...It's lovely to have you here....It sounds like you're doing AMAZINGLY already....keep it going and do let us know how you're getting on....I've added you to the Members List... xXx :)

I think I will be able to juggle my other funds and the credit cards first. Here is hoping anyway.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have not checked in for a while due to dead computer... and the shame of having to raid the EF :o. Took £50 out so went down to £100 but is now back up to £200, who knows for how long? What is that compared to the £1800 worth of new debt for a replacement boiler? Not exactly a frippery indulgence, really... and the debt is now £1725. I sometimes wonder what the point of trying to save is, when something always goes horribly wrong and takes every last bean.

Please, guys, some encouragement would be good about now. Feeling a bit defeated at the moment.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Have not checked in for a while due to dead computer... and the shame of having to raid the EF :o. Took £50 out so went down to £100 but is now back up to £200, who knows for how long? What is that compared to the £1800 worth of new debt for a replacement boiler? Not exactly a frippery indulgence, really... and the debt is now £1725. I sometimes wonder what the point of trying to save is, when something always goes horribly wrong and takes every last bean.

Please, guys, some encouragement would be good about now. Feeling a bit defeated at the moment.

Chin up Smodlet, :A

Imagine when you have reached your target. Yes, the cost of the boiler would make a dent but then you've got many years before it will need to be replaced again.

It is the way it happens sometimes with the fight to get the savings up and essential costs needed just as you start to get in the swing of things. :doh:

The costs will far out weigh the life span of the boiler, so worth it IMHO. :grouphug: to keep you going ;)

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    You rock, Dobbi, thank you, and for pandering to my new-found emoticon addiction. :grouphug: to you, too. I've been reading the "what is irritating to you?"? thread, always cracks me up. And someone else knows what a transitive verb is! It almost gives one hope... :cool:
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I'm juggling like mad, and have added £50 to Emergency Fund this morning. Figured the account that feeds it isn't due any further payments out until after the weekend now, so just left it with £100 for now.
    So £600 in total now.
    My car/holiday fund is at £1230 so that will go towards the replacement car along with the balance onto the credit card I'd managed to clear on Tuesday!! Oh well I'm getting good at juggling!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • JCUK
    JCUK Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Payday at last for me, hooray! Various bits and pieces stashed during the month, plus my planned savings amount, means my EF is now £800. It's such a nice feeling to see it slowly growing :-)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Added $43.20

Signature updated. I like nice even numbers. Because of this I keep rounding up.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Hey, Mila, I've found rounding up my outgoings and rounding down my income means I always come out ahead, be it by pennies or pounds (or dollars, or cents, all makes good sense :)) y'all.

Sorry, could not resist once I found out you are SW US based. How did you find this site, if one might make so bold as to ask?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure