3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    After dipping into my account for various things I decided that I was so close to my Baby Fund of £500 that this morning I put £43.37p into it to make it exactly £500. Which was a lot more than 20% of the day's income but I will manage.
    Being on a high from that bank, I went to my other one, and transferred the balance to bring my bigger fund up to £1,000. Knowing my money there is due in tomorrow and I have no expenses to pay today. It has set me off on a mission to get the next totals of £1,000 up to £2,000 now.
    The baby emergency fund can stay at £500 and the holiday fund an now be fed. It currently stands st £100.
    Our usual holidays cost us around £1,500 so a long way to go before we see another holiday.
    Checking my accounts and shifting money around has become one of the first tasks of the day, but as I see results it's now a happier occasion rather then an effort to see if we can pay a bill.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    It is scarey when landlords threaten you.
    But if it comes down to having to move, and the cost implications, it's probably better to sign for the 12 months and look for another tenant to share. Realistically your unlikely to have to cover the bills for the whole 12 months. It's a case of finding the right person to share though! Good luck in which ever you decide.

Thank you for the wise words Mooloo.

The maintenance man came and spoke to me at the weekend and had said he would leave this property off of the list of ones that require new tenants that he had to hand to the the estate agents. This would give me a little more time as he understood the situation i was in and didn't want me to have to sign by myself, which was lovely of him. All of those cups of tea and chocolates i gave him over my time here paid off :rotfl:

Over the bank holiday someone did come over to see the flat and she has said she wants to take the room! small miracles do happen!

I haven't yet taken the advertisement for it down incase it falls through for some reason but hopefully all should run smoothly.

Sophie
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Added $145.51
    Updated signature.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    sophieo16 wrote: »
    Thank you for the wise words Mooloo.

The maintenance man came and spoke to me at the weekend and had said he would leave this property off of the list of ones that require new tenants that he had to hand to the the estate agents. This would give me a little more time as he understood the situation i was in and didn't want me to have to sign by myself, which was lovely of him. All of those cups of tea and chocolates i gave him over my time here paid off :rotfl:

Over the bank holiday someone did come over to see the flat and she has said she wants to take the room! small miracles do happen!

I haven't yet taken the advertisement for it down incase it falls through for some reason but hopefully all should run smoothly.

Sophie

Sounds good to me.
    Not sure how wise I am, but practical usually, with certain age and life experience behind me I suppose.
    If I could just listen to myself sometimes!!!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    #2 back with a small update

£29.63 added so new total is £6628.06 aka 76.18%

let's get the signature updated ;)

Happy Thursday everyone :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • crimson.addict
    crimson.addict Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am still trying to pay back the £3,000 my wonderful OH loaned me for my car. I have just over £1000 saved but have now got a £700 vet bill to find the money for too :( he says he's in no rush for it and even if it takes me 20 years to pay back he's not bothered but i feel like i can't save any money for myself until that debt is paid off.

I feel like i'm a bit stuck at the moment.
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my goodness - where did the last month go? I need to scroll back and catch up on how well everyone is doing, but for now, I'm confirming that I banked £500 last month and have just banked £500 for this month, taking my EF up to £5000.
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hi helen and the rest of the gang

just a little fiver for me

thanks
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2016 at 11:46PM
    Options
    Morning Everyone.....

A rotten morning today as I have Toothache....but unfortunately there is so much Dental Work to be done that I just can't afford it right now and can't afford to take the time off either...so I'm loading up on Painkillers right now and hoping it will go away....

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page....I've put the Figure of £5543.27.....Let me know if that's not right. You're doing AWESOME!! Keep going hun..... xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! I'm sorry you're having Flat Issues but hopefully it will be sorted soon hun....and I'm glad that you had a lovely time in Barcelona....it's such a wonderful City....Did you make it to Park Guell? It's such a beautiful place to relax in Barcelona xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You're really going GREAT!! Keep going hun xXx :)

Mooloo - Thank You for your encouragement and support to our Members....It's really appreciated.... xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page....Well Done, you're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

Come on Everyone....Let's find those Rainbows today and remember that you can't have the Rainbows with the Rain!! xXx :)

I did make it to Park Guell, it was lovely. The whole city was brilliant. Me and my friend spent the whole time planning our fake lives there whilst we drank sangria and explored. I was such a good trip :)
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

I'm so sorry that I haven't Updated lately....It's been a heck of a Week!! I've been having a think about some things and what things are important to me in my Life....And what I want for my Future....So some pretty deep thoughts....

Nothing moneywise to Report from me....

Mooloo - I'm glad to hear you have been managing to Save but I wasn't sure whether you had added to your Emergency Fund as you talked about the things you are saving for...Can you let me know if those Updates were for your EF? And if so what you are up to as your Total hun..Thank You....but it sounds like you're doing BRILLIANTLY!! xXx :)

sophieo16 - I'm glad to hear that you have found a Flatmate...I hope it goes through for you with no problems!! And I'm so glad that you had a lovely Trip to Barcelona... xXx :)

milasavesmoney - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME!! Keep it going... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You are doing sooooooooo AMAZING!! Don't stop moving forwards.... xXx :)

crimson.addict - It sounds like your OH is amazing....I can see why you want to pay him back.....But remember that he loves you and wants the best for you so don't put yourself under too much pressure hun xXx :)

Duran Girl - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING!! Keep going... xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing really GREAT....Don't stop....keep moving forwards xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure