Comments

• sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Small update from me.

#5- £1758.27/£3000 (58.60%)

At the moment I'm throwing as much as i can at my emergency fund. My flatmate is currently looking for a new job away from the area so i am in need of a new flatmate. The issue i have is that the landlord is wanting to put the property back on the rental market at the end of next week unless i sign the contract promising to cover all of the rent for 12 months if i don't find anyone. This will leave me with money to cover my rent, bills and monthly spends but no savings... slight panic stations.

The one saving grace i have is the property is a really nice one, so hopefully it will be snapped up before it comes to the point where i have to cover all costs!

On the plus side i had an amazing time in Barcelona for a week, its kept me sane haha

Sophie
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hello :wave:

Just added another £30 to my fund, takes me to £230

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    sophieo16 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Small update from me.

#5- £1758.27/£3000 (58.60%)

At the moment I'm throwing as much as i can at my emergency fund. My flatmate is currently looking for a new job away from the area so i am in need of a new flatmate. The issue i have is that the landlord is wanting to put the property back on the rental market at the end of next week unless i sign the contract promising to cover all of the rent for 12 months if i don't find anyone. This will leave me with money to cover my rent, bills and monthly spends but no savings... slight panic stations.

The one saving grace i have is the property is a really nice one, so hopefully it will be snapped up before it comes to the point where i have to cover all costs!

On the plus side i had an amazing time in Barcelona for a week, its kept me sane haha

Sophie

It is scarey when landlords threaten you.
    But if it comes down to having to move, and the cost implications, it's probably better to sign for the 12 months and look for another tenant to share. Realistically your unlikely to have to cover the bills for the whole 12 months. It's a case of finding the right person to share though! Good luck in which ever you decide.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi everyone

Helen, Ive added £10 to my ISA and updated the total in my signature

Hope everyone is well and able to enjoy the bank holiday :)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone.....

A rotten morning today as I have Toothache....but unfortunately there is so much Dental Work to be done that I just can't afford it right now and can't afford to take the time off either...so I'm loading up on Painkillers right now and hoping it will go away....

The Only Girl - I've Updated the First Page....I've put the Figure of £5543.27.....Let me know if that's not right. You're doing AWESOME!! Keep going hun..... xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! I'm sorry you're having Flat Issues but hopefully it will be sorted soon hun....and I'm glad that you had a lovely time in Barcelona....it's such a wonderful City....Did you make it to Park Guell? It's such a beautiful place to relax in Barcelona xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You're really going GREAT!! Keep going hun xXx :)

Mooloo - Thank You for your encouragement and support to our Members....It's really appreciated.... xXx :)

Keeping Motivated - I've Updated the First Page....Well Done, you're doing AWESOME!! xXx :)

Come on Everyone....Let's find those Rainbows today and remember that you can't have the Rainbows with the Rain!! xXx :)
  • Grandad's_Offspring
    Options
    Well, I started it. Might be more than I can chew, but it's worth it.
    I have access to a regular saver account with FD, 6% interest. i opened one a year ago and I just maxed it, it was a nice feeling.
    I am now allowed to apply for another one. This time I can't afford to put £300 a month, but I decided £40 is doable. I called it the S**t might happen fund (SMH). It will be used towards the 3-6 months challenge. First step taken!
    car finance £1072/£8285 by sept 2018
    #188 £1000 EF £8.45/£1000
    3-6 months salary £80/£5000
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    #2 back again.........

Had to dip into it for my car, it needed a replacement headlight unit. The headlight lense was all misted up, with the wiring corroded in places so new bulbs weren't working.

down by £150.....so new total is £6598.43.........but that's what it's there for.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Evening All

Feeling a bit better tonight.....So I'm grateful for that....Just watching Britain's Got Talent.....I'm absolutely AWED by all the Talent that Britain has.....We're an AWESOME Country!! :D Feeling all Patriotic tonight... :D

Grandad's Offspring - I'm glad to hear that you're saving and you're doing BRILLIANTLY...Keep it going.... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page hun.....Don't worry, that is exactly what the Emergency Fund is for....you are doing AMAZING with the Total that you've saved....You're an inspiration xXx :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 May 2016 at 11:12PM
    Options
    Evening Helen and all you other fab 3-6 month challengees, thanks to an underpayment from my 2nd job in March and April this has been sorted this month so I've had a nice OP and have been able to top up my fund to £3617 which 42.5% xx
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Evening Again.... :)

Britain's Got Talent was AWESOME!! I really really enjoyed it....it was also lovely to have some time off Work and to relax....And now I'm Working again until about 1.30am-ish....

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page....You are doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep it going.... xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure