• SamSam17
    SamSam17 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    End of Jan update:

#89 Emergency fund: £2627.58/£5000
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey All.... :)

I'm sorry I haven't been around....Things have been getting on top of me plus my 40th Birthday plus a Trip to Disneyland Paris plus anxiety plus a few other things as well....

I hope you can forgive my absence....

The good news is that I haven't taken out any Money from my Emergency Fund but haven't added anything either...I know I'll get there...For now I just want to keep on going and moving forwards...

I've Updated everyone I think...If I've missed anyone please let me know...It certainly isn't intentional....

Here's the Updates xXx :)

166million - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep on going...I see you are putting in often and that's a great thing, keep on going xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! I know you can do this....I'm okay hun, thank you for asking, just lots of stuff going on....Where are you off to on Holiday? I hope it's somewhere warm as today in particular is FREEZING! xXx :)

Littlebigmoose - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, it's lovely to have you here, I'm sorry it's taken me a while to welcome you!! I've added your Goal but please do come back and let us know how you get on xXx :)

SamSam17 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! You've put a HUGE amount in since you joined...keep on moving forwards and I know you'll get there xXx :)

A Random Man - How are you getting on? We'd love to hear your Update when you have one, you're doing great xXx :)

x_raphael_xx - I've Updated your Mum's Fund Total and you're doing BRILLIANTLY!! You WILL get there, I know that xXx :)

HoneyBee83 - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME!! You've put in so much and you're over halfway there...keep on going xXx :)

carbootcrazy - Congratulations on your Lottery Win, that's awesome...I'm sorry about your car problems but that sounds like it's sorted. I'm so so sorry about your Brother, that's so hard, please know that we're here if you need anything xXx :)

Mooloo - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! I'm not sure if I have the Total correct so can you double check for me and let me know please hun? Keep on going xXx :)

kimplus8 - Hi there, I've put you on the Members List, I'm not sure if you did want to join but I am being hopeful, please let us know how you're getting on - You would be MOST Welcome to be a part of our Group xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE!! I know you will keep on keeping on....Thank you for helping out and welcoming our new Members... xXx :)

Anoneemoose - Like Dobbibill said, can't you split the money? It's great that you have a surplus available and it would be great to do some great things with it xXx :)

claireg86 - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, it really is lovely to have you here, I'm so sorry it took me a while to Welcome you...I have added you to the Members List, please do let us know how you get on...You're doing GREAT already! Keep on going xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! I am okay thank you hun....We just all have to keep going and we WILL get there xXx :)

Cherbear82 - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, it's really wonderful to have you here, I'm sorry it took a while to Welcome you....I've added you to the Members List and we would love to find out how you're doing... xXx :)

abundant1975 - I've Updated the First Page and you're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep on going hun xXx :)
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

Glad you are back helen we were starting to worry x

Please add £150 to my total i received a £100 bonus at work (unexpected so all the sweeter) so straight into the pot with the £50 i already had put aside

keep warm everybody
  • skye_blue
    Options
    Hi

Hope everyone is ok its gone a bit quiet

Please add £100 to my pot for this week

Keep warm everybody
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 15 February 2018 at 4:13AM
    Options
    Lovely to see you back again, Helen:j. I'm so sorry things have been hard for you recently. Don't worry about the thread, Dobbibill has been looking after us all:T. Sending Belated happy Birthday wishes to you, Helen:bdaycake::beer:

Thanks to everyone who posted good wishes and advice when I wrote earlier about my brother's cancer diagnosis. It's so comforting to have someone like the lovely people on here:A to talk to when things are bad. Thank you.

Sadly, my brother passed away yesterday morning. I had managed to visit him at the weekend but none of us expected the end would come so quickly. Such a shock even though we were expecting it sometime soon. The only comfort is that he is free of pain now and at peace and leaves behind children and grandchildren he could be so proud of and who adored him.

I'm on such a downer at the moment. Within the last 5 months I've lost my SIL, my adored cat (who helped me through so many dark times in the past) and now my brother. I find the best way through it is to try to find something every day, however small and insignificant it may be, to be thankful for. This afternoon I noticed the huge drift of snowdrops under the apple tree near where we buried our cat. I had avoided going down the garden to that spot all winter but was drawn to it today and I'm so glad I was. I love snowdrops, they make me realise that Spring is not too far away, and ours have multiplied so much over the years from a few plants I put in over 30 years ago. That sense of continuity and life moving in cycles is very comforting.

My EF has taken a real hit recently and will continue to do so for a while with my brother's funeral to go to. I don't know yet if they want flowers or donations for a cause close to his heart but either way my EF means I can afford to do whatever I need to do.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CBC I'm so sorry to hear this. Do take comfort that he's not in pain any longer. No matter how much notice you would have been given, it would never make it any easier, it's so heartbreaking to lose a loved one.

This thread is more than EF/savings, it's about life which on times can be exceptionally difficult and unfair. You feel free to chat about 'life' anytime and we will be here to listen and share experiences that may help when you need it.

How lovely for the drift of snowdrops to catch your attention when you needed it most. The smallest things can provide the biggest comfort in sad times.

I notice you were up at 3am typing this update, please do take care of yourself and get enough rest, it will give you that strength to keep going when you need to.

Thinking of you, especially over the next few days.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • mylastpound
    Options
    Hi
    can I join in :-)

im currently saving for a house and already have the amount saved in my signature. I do want to start a Emergency fund though.
    im going to aim for £3,000 to begin with.
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Hi
    can I join in :-)

im currently saving for a house and already have the amount saved in my signature. I do want to start a Emergency fund though.
    im going to aim for £3,000 to begin with.

Of course you can join - welcome aboard.

when Helen pops in she will add you and your target to the first page and allocate you a member number.

let us know how you get on. ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• x_raphael_xx
    Options
    Well, I've been really naughty and need to remove some money out of mums fund.

I was passing a pet shop while walking into the Barbican with bf & pup on saturday. There was a sign in the window. Full tortoise set up & tortoise for £320. I've never owned a tortoise but always wanted one. I popped in to look at them on the way back, big mistake as I then of course had to put a deposit down.
    Luckily mum doesn't know my plans to pay her off early!
    Bf isn't too keen on having a tortoise, but is happy it's keeping me happy :) he said he will have nothing to do with it, but I have already tasked him with building a raised wildflower bed in the yard for it to run around in :D

Please reduce my total to £282.05/£3000
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Aw, this is too cute raphael.

When will the tortoise be joining you at home?
    And have you considered a name yet?

Although you've been a little bit naughty with the funds, I can understand why.....you cannot always wonder what if, so if it's something you wanted for a long time then I think it's quite acceptable. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family