Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• Just got off chat with Sky.

I gave notice last week as my current 50% off deal for 10 months was coming to an end.

Today, after reading this thread, I checked My Sky and saw the 50% off any package for 12 months offer.

The telephone number given was unobtainable, so I went on chat - not my favourite method as I find it ever so slow - and got the offer with no problems on my current package including movies, sport and HD.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • I've put in my notice to cancel my tv package (£73.50 p/m) and have the online offer of 50% off for 12 months.

Has anyone managed to get an offer on adding multiroom?

I don't have it at the moment and would be interested in adding it but don't think they'll do an offer on that as well as the 50%, or will they.....
  • mrsammyp
    mrsammyp Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    craigy_b wrote: »
    I've put in my notice to cancel my tv package (£73.50 p/m) and have the online offer of 50% off for 12 months.

Has anyone managed to get an offer on adding multiroom?

I don't have it at the moment and would be interested in adding it but don't think they'll do an offer on that as well as the 50%, or will they.....

Push for a £50 bill credit, you should get it quite easily.
  • Did the cancel via chat, didn't get any offers via my Sky but did have the 50% offer appear via the TV Services - Your account options from the sky remote, check there if you don't see any.

Started chat via the retention link and took up the 50%, tried to haggle for more but no go but happy enough anyway.

Since signing back up I've had an email and via post offer of 50% plus £50 credit so don't worry, they'll definitely offer you something ;)

Also just reviewing 'my sky', I've fibre broadband at £20 per month and generally happy with this. Noticed a 'thinking of leaving broadband' link so clicked on this, couple of questions and straight away offered £10 per month for another 12 months contract with no need for a 20 minute online chat :rotfl:

Took this up straight away as wasn't thinking of moving broadband anyway, happy with the deal although I'm sure you can push for more if you're so inclined.

Be interesting to see what deals will be on offer now they are launching the SkyQ premium service.
  • asturdy2
    asturdy2 Posts: 138 Forumite
    gave 31 days notice, waited till last day started a live chat and negotiated 50% off and £75 credit.
    3.64KW system, aurora power one inverter, South west facing with no shading in Lancashire.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    3 weeks after cancellation, went on live chat having heard nothing. 50% intially on 12 month contract. Mentioned a rolling contract would be preferred as Sky increase their prices in March - that was offered. Then £50 credit was mentioned and they were keen to proceed.

At that point I mentioned the 75% deal + £100 credit from last year and £100 credit was offered. Pushed for 60% off, but didn't get that.
  • I wonder if anyone has had any joy haggling over the new Sky Q package?!

I'm sure it works out about the same if you have Sky Q with much faster Virgin broadband!
  • malnik
    malnik Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just got off the phone with Sky. Been with them for 6 years.
    I asked to cancel my TV......they said OK! When asked why I said I'm thinking of going to another phone company as the catalyst was the increase in December - I felt let down. They took me off the international free call package and just put me on a UK package. Its cost me £10 per month extra. Granted they wrote...but i thought/assumed that as i had an international package, they would put me on another.
    The lady was quite amazed that I expected Sky to, her quote, "go through everyones bills" to see what we all had.
    I did mention that they seemed to go through every bill once a month and sent them out with what's owing....she then asked me if i'm in control of my bills.....and it went downhill from there!
    I don't get angry or loud...but i'm sure others do with an attitude like that! I think she forgot I was a customer....or perhaps I was viewed as not a customer.

So Im off......and onto Plusnet!
  • malnik wrote: »
    I don't get angry or loud...but i'm sure others do with an attitude like that! I think she forgot I was a customer....or perhaps I was viewed as not a customer.
    This was just a call centre operative, she has no real power to offer you discounts etc and she was probably irritated that you apparently expected her to bribe you to stay with them when that is not her job.
    However, now that your cancellation notice has been given, you can expect offers to tempt you to stay will be made available.
    Check your MySky account online and hold your nerve to get the best offer...
  • peterw47 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone has had any joy haggling over the new Sky Q package?!
    No chance whatever. Early adopters of this will pay a premium, not a discounted price.
    peterw47 wrote: »
    I'm sure it works out about the same if you have Sky Q with much faster Virgin broadband!
    Sky Q is not currently available to customers with Broadband from any provider other than Sky.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback