Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options
1229230231232233235»

Comments

• swansea_lad
    Options
    I got monthly TV/Broadband down from £102 to £68.   
    How? Did you give them 30 days notice?
  • Awakeatnight
    Options
    Interesting that NOW TV seem to be offering TV/Broadband/Landline for around half the price that Sky do (Broadband £24, TV Entertainment £10, Spots £35= £69)...I'm paying £118 for more or less the same with Sky. Has anyone successfully used this as a haggling point? Am I missing something. 
  • MrOverheads
    MrOverheads Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've jsut given notice.  Best offer the team coudl give was £92 for the package we're currently paying £75 for (goes up to £112.50 next month).  A new customer gets the same package for £62.  So much for being a VIP Platinum customer.  Will wait the 30 days to see if I get a good "come back" offer.  If not will have to take up the £92 just to get access to the Formula 1.
  • Peppa537
    Peppa537 Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 March at 5:00PM
    Options
    I've jsut given notice.  Best offer the team coudl give was £92 for the package we're currently paying £75 for (goes up to £112.50 next month).  A new customer gets the same package for £62.  So much for being a VIP Platinum customer.  Will wait the 30 days to see if I get a good "come back" offer.  If not will have to take up the £92 just to get access to the Formula 1.
    Don't pay them £92 if it's mainly for f1. Is Now TV an option for you? You can just take out a Sports pass then and can cancel at anytime. Nearer your cancellation date, or even better let it switch off for a day or 2, you will get a better offer anyway. I have to say if you mainly want it for Sports though, and don't mind not watching in UHD (I'm not sure what else is included in your package) my advice is stream with Now TV.
    I also think being a VIP customer goes against you rather than work in your favour, they just think we won't leave and will pay any silly amount as have been with them so long. 
  • MrOverheads
    edited 25 March at 3:10PM
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Don't pay them £92 if it's mainly for f1. Is Now TV an option for you? You can just take out a Sports pass then and can cancel at anytime. Nearer your cancellation date, or even better let it switch off for a day or 2, you will get a better offer anyway. I have to say if you mainly want it for Sports though, and don't mind not watching in UHD (I'm not sure what else is included in your package) my advice is stream with Now TV.
    I also think being a VIP customer goes against you rather than work in your favour, they just think we won't leave and will pay any silly amount as have been with them so long. 
    Got an offer by letter, now down to £82 which breaks down as:
    Netflix Premium £11.50 vs buying directly @ £17.99
    Sky HD £5
    Sky Kids £3
    Ultra HD £6
    Multi Screen £10
    Signature, Cinema & Sports £47.50 - no breakdown given

Would happily ditch Cinema - very rare they have actual Cinema Blockbusters on it.

Did the maths on Now TV and with F1 now running from late Feb to early December you can't save 3 months with NowTV so worth adding to Sky.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,165 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The thing that puts me off the offers is that they specify there'll be in-contract rises, so you're not signing up for the perhaps attractive initial price but rather committing to a prospective 10% extra come 18 months.
  • MrOverheads
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Got an offer by letter, now down to £82 which breaks down as:
    Netflix Premium £11.50 vs buying directly @ £17.99
    Sky HD £5
    Sky Kids £3
    Ultra HD £6
    Multi Screen £10
    Signature, Cinema & Sports £47.50 - no breakdown given

Would happily ditch Cinema - very rare they have actual Cinema Blockbusters on it.

Did the maths on Now TV and with F1 now running from late Feb to early December you can't save 3 months with NowTV so worth adding to Sky.
    Slowly improving, now down to £75 without Sky Kids and price breakdown compelty different.  Agent said however that I should wait because they can see my price will improve in a few days on the system and I'll receive a new offer soon but couldn't tell me what that would be either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback