Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

edited 25 August 2015 at 2:36PM in Phones & TV
2.2K replies 480K views

Replies

• debbie_debtdebbie_debt Forumite
    293 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I just wanted to share my success story with sky!

In our old house, we were with sky in my husband's name. Paying a fortune and when I called to haggle, they offered 25% off the TV bill. We were paying £1560 a year for TV, broadband and line rental across Sky and BT (my son needs the best broadband available for online gaming - everything else just buffers, and my husband insists on the Sports package to watch F1).

When we moved house, I cancelled his subscription with Sky and the BT contract.

In the new house, I used your link through to quidco to sign up and get some mega deals in my name. In total, we got two free Sky + HD boxes (one 2TB, one 500MB), 25% off TV including sports, half price HD, half price multiroom, half price fibre optic broadband, free sky go extra, free installation on everything plus a £75 credit on the first bill and £213 cashback. Quite chuffed with my little self :j

In total, we'll pay £718 for 12 months for everything. A SAVING OF £842 A YEAR!! :T

THANK YOU MSE!!:money:
    HIGHEST DEBT £53,300 LBM 27/5/2020 CURRENT DEBT £27.600 31/12/2020 
  • Thanks to the team at money saving experts, I have just saved £164.40/year on my Sky bill. I haggled a bit when I moved house early 2015 and made the mistake of accepting the first offer. This time, I spent a bit longer on the phone but got 30% knocked off my bill.
  • Hi, Just come off Sky chat. Went on chat Dec 24 told adviser we wanted to cancel our Variety and Sports HD package all he would offer was £6 a month off. So told him to cancel.Then left it.

Just went on `Return to Sky` chat this morning and got 50% off Variety and Sports HD Multi room package plus a £50 credit,was then transferred to the Broadband team chat and got my unlimited broadband upgraded to Fiber Unlimited for the same price of £10 per month, plus free Hub, Activation and Delivery, also a reduction of Sky Talk Line Rental down from £17.40 to £9.99 for 12 months.Well worth a hour and a half on chat this morning, well chuffed , give it a go !
  • Mmm....Thanks. I have got TV 50% off not on contract; so can cancel anytime. Not got b/band or my phone with Sky. So may try to cancel my TV and see whether they will offer me a deal for b/band and phone. If they don't, I will just stop my cancellation within 30 days. I must admit I did not think of this approach until your post so thanks again.
  • Hi

My services are due to end on 11th Jan, I have an offer in My Sky for 50% off any TV bundle for 12 months.

Should I take this or gamble on receiving a better offer email after disconnection? Such as 60% and line credit?

I have been with Sky for 6 years now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twinkle007 wrote: »
    Hi

My services are due to end on 11th Jan, I have an offer in My Sky for 50% off any TV bundle for 12 months.

Should I take this or gamble on receiving a better offer email after disconnection? Such as 60% and line credit?

Holding out for the TV part is no problem - it can be switched on easily.

Letting the line disconnect may be a bigger problem though so I wouldn't let that happen, especially if you wish to retain your number.
  • Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I only have TV with Sky, my BB and homephone are with other providers.

After the disconnection, what basic channels will I receive? Will I still be able to use my Sky+ box for recording etc?
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I only have TV with Sky, my BB and homephone are with other providers.

After the disconnection, what basic channels will I receive? Will I still be able to use my Sky+ box for recording etc?

No. Your Sky box just becomes a receiver for the free channels, but as soon as you are switched back on, any saved recordings become available .
  • mrsammypmrsammyp Forumite
    167 Posts
    Hi

I have been with Sky for 6 years now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

They seem to have stopped the 60% offer for now, you should push for a £50 bill credit though as they should give you that.
  • Just called Sky to negotiate my package. We have home phone, broadband plus original HD TV plus sport.
    The best they could offer was 20% off TV plus upgrade to sky fibre half price for 10months.
    I didn't think this was good enough after 16 years, so I cancelled the whole lot.
    I'm now scared I won't be able to undo my phone cancellation & keep the same home phone number.
    Has anyone else done this?