Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

edited 25 August 2015 at 2:36PM in Phones & TV
2.2K replies 480K views

Replies

• chezybezychezybezy Forumite
    149 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Thanks have looked under My Sky at the top and nothing there apart from my account details, nothing under my offers either.

Will give it till early next week and then cave in I guess!

I never had anything showing online.
    I did eventually receive a please stay offer via the post, 50% off and £50 cash. They messed up the 50% off and only applied it to half of my package had hell ensuring the previous £4 discount still applied too (as on the old package scheme). good job i checked! *shakes head*
    first time i talked to CS to say i would like to accept the "stay offer" ended up so terrible i repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor (this was declined too).
    Although all my marketing preferences were ticked, when I was speaking to Sky they claimed they were inactive at their end. They activated.
    I guess this is possible if you are not getting offers.
    What did you ask for them to check this, unsure how to word this?

anyone had any success with broadband or land line?
    - Chez
  • Still nothing! Under my offers all I have ever seen is half price on sky movies and introduce a friend. Nothing through post or on the phone either.. Have been with them for over 20 years and 3 properties!

Not sure what else to do and will have to call them in next few days and accept their rubbish £20 off offer
  • SuperOwl86SuperOwl86 Forumite
    64 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Just had a look at our bill and noticed that our deal for Line rental and fibre for £5 is soon to end so looking to try and do something but the fibre is still under contract till next July.

Has anyone had any luck with getting anything on just Phone and broadband?
  • firesidemaidfiresidemaid Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing! Under my offers all I have ever seen is half price on sky movies and introduce a friend. Nothing through post or on the phone either.. Have been with them for over 20 years and 3 properties!

Not sure what else to do and will have to call them in next few days and accept their rubbish £20 off offer

how much do you currently spend with them and on what?
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing! Under my offers all I have ever seen is half price on sky movies and introduce a friend. Nothing through post or on the phone either.. Have been with them for over 20 years and 3 properties!

Nothing to lose by "trying it on" -phone them and say that you have had an offer thru the post of 50% off any package plus £50 bill credit.Then explain that its still a bit much so could they offer a slightly better deal?? :)
    The people in the call centres don't appear to have instant access to who has had what offers, so worth a phone call surely ??
  • jem16jem16 Forumite
    19.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing! Under my offers all I have ever seen is half price on sky movies and introduce a friend.

It's not listed under the offers section. Any offer after you have cancelled will be on the main MySky tab. Once you've signed in click on the MySky tab. That is your home page and will include your name and details of your package. That's where they put any offer after cancellation.

Did you try using the link I gave you in Post 107?
  • sunshine81sunshine81 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭

how long have you waited since cancelling, it took 11 days for me to get an email, 13 days for a phone call and 15 days for a letter. Nothing ever appeared on MySky for me.
  • geemacgeemac Forumite
    15 Posts
    Stupidly I had put off contacting Sky for a while and I was out of contract. But as its too wet to do anything outside at present I put the time to good use. I was currently on £41.25 per month but through discussions with the Sky rep, it was decided to base his offer on the basic package which is normally £20 per month.

I had previously read the detail in the following article http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/negotiate-with-service-providers
    and found the tips indispensable.

Especially when the Sky representative came back and offered a 10 month period of £10 per month. Point 9 in the article mentioned "don't fill the silence", so I stayed quiet apart from the occasional "mmm". He said "let me see what other options there are", and he came back with another £2 off, so that's £8 per month for 10 months, instead of the normal £20. :D:D

So my next 12 months are only going to cost me £120 as opposed to nearly £500. I call that a good result. :T :beer:
  • millermiller Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    About a week before switch off and a 50% + £50 credit letter came through today. Been ignoring the phone calls, but will probably let it switch off anyway. A friend last summer negotiated a better deal about 3 weeks after swtich off when Sky called by phone (75% + £100 credit), although 60% + £100 seems to be the "norm" via the come back to Sky live chat ATM.
  • cjp2kcjp2k Forumite
    31 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have just handed in my 31 day notice period for my sky package. Currently the bill is a shocking£119 a month for multi room sport movies fibre and telephone.

They offered £20 discount over the phone which wasn't enough, there's no offers in my sky, hope they come back to me as I don't want to have to pull the drive up to run virgin cables...