Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• sundeep1984
    Options
    Hi guys

i have some discount on my sky and beleive they will end in jan and sky sports deal would end in march

went to upgrade and saw below offers. It doesnt say it will expire in jan or march. Am i right to asssume its 18 months at that price? as sky have said no it will reduce but it doesnt say anywhere it will reduce in fact says 18month contract next to new monthly figure

Current monthly cost £40
    without offers £80

what youve added £9
    new monthly costs £52
    new 18 month minimum subscriptions

one off cost £115
    equipment no cost

Any ideas if my monthly fee will always be £52 or go up?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi guys

i have some discount on my sky and beleive they will end in jan and sky sports deal would end in march

went to upgrade and saw below offers. It doesnt say it will expire in jan or march. Am i right to asssume its 18 months at that price? as sky have said no it will reduce but it doesnt say anywhere it will reduce in fact says 18month contract next to new monthly figure

Current monthly cost £40
    without offers £80

what youve added £9
    new monthly costs £52
    new 18 month minimum subscriptions

one off cost £115
    equipment no cost

Any ideas if my monthly fee will always be £52 or go up?

I'm guessing that's just you playing about with the upgrade options on your account? It's just saying that if you do change your package you'll be on a new 18 month contract at the £52 price point. What's the £115 for?
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the offers don't increase i will just stay away, really not that bothered anymore by the offering, Sky Q not of any interest at all.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Went back last week with 60% of TV, Boxsets, Cinema. £25 credit 18month deal.

Broad band. Pay full line rental, Pay full anytime talk.
    Free broad band. £10 admin fee refunded.
    12 month deal.

Not as good as last year but TV then was only for 12 months.

Not Sky Q
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    Went back last week with 60% of TV, Boxsets, Cinema. £25 credit 18month deal.

Broad band. Pay full line rental, Pay full anytime talk.
    Free broad band. £10 admin fee refunded.
    12 month deal.

Not as good as last year but TV then was only for 12 months.

Not Sky Q

Had your service been switched of and if so for how long and how was this deal offered
  • drphila
    drphila Posts: 289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So you're agreeing with me, you can't get a partial refund. :p

Yes.

I just thought this route may offer a method of recourse for the OP who says he's out of options.
  • kellyp
    kellyp Posts: 181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’m out of contract with sky. Only have original bundle and unlimited broadband and telephone. Was paying £50/month. Spoke to someone on online chat today. Kept trying to sell me boxsets which I don’t want. Got offered to keep original package with fibre unlimited at £44/month. Was hoping for more like a box or cheap cinema deal. Wouldn’t give me a Q box - only on £50/month plus £20 set up. Could get cinema at £10/month but everyone being offered that at mo so didn’t seem like a good deal. I decided to say I’ll wait and speak to the other half. Was I foolish?! Does anyone think I can get better than the £44/month deal? I played the BT card saying same package is £10 less but he wasn’t budging. Any help/advice?! Thanks.
  • wurley
    wurley Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I usually use my billing information to help me haggle... Having info to hand is always good.... BUT I have noticed Sky have changed the way they present the bills. There is no breakdown at all... I have a HD box but now the HD is not working I wanted to know if I can get it removed and negotiate a new contract at the same time... I can't even make out what i am paying for! :( :eek:

Am I paying extra for HD? God only knows!

...Looks like the trend, making it hard to get info, is starting to creep in again.. Looked at Microsoft billing - had to put a search in to find where my billing info was! :mad:
  • wurley
    wurley Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wazza99 wrote: »
    Just finished 75% off 1 month rolling monthly gone from £30 to >£90

1 hour sky chat best i get offered is 50% off core package box sets £19, £20 for sports £2 for HD, £12 for multi room, so £53 but on 18 month contract with £10 admin fee.

Big no.....cancelled, now in notice.

Stick with it.... I cancelled and thought ahh well - If I wait 6 mos i'll be a new customer again.... Well, the day before I was due to leave they called me again to ask why I decided to leave.... I stayed in the end lol... nuff said! ;)
  • Moneymaker1985
    Options
    I did the live chat with sky and I got £15 credit from them and £3.99 off per month.

I now pay £10 for sky unlimited fibre and £15 for sky pay as u go talk line rental.

I don’t bother with sky tv.

Is this a good deal guys? Please help
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport