Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• spreadtrader
    Options
    uF0n wrote: »
    When you say full package, is that all TV, broadband and phone for £32.60 a month?

I wish

It is all box sets all movies all sports plus hd

Fibre for me is £10 unlimited plus £18.99 line rental

Plus the free 2tb sky q and 1 multi room with free install
    [
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ours went off nearly two weeks ago and in the cancellation period I had a personalised leaflet offering the 50% off that I'd refused (Online and on tv showing 30%).

Since switch off nothing and there hasn't been a call because our phone retains details of times of calls and number,if provided.

The 'left in last 12 months' button is back online but it has the usual message saying they can't offer a deal online, so call, but I won't be doing so as the only thing I missed (just once) was the ability to pause and run back on a scene (something the Humax , still stored away, will fix).

I have the impression that more people are staying away after switch off ,nowadays, too, but with rising prices elsewhere, there is a limit to what customers will pay for what is just a luxury.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Ours went off nearly two weeks ago and in the cancellation period I had a personalised leaflet offering the 50% off that I'd refused (Online and on tv showing 30%).

Since switch off nothing and there hasn't been a call because our phone retains details of times of calls and number,if provided.

The 'left in last 12 months' button is back online but it has the usual message saying they can't offer a deal online, so call, but I won't be doing so as the only thing I missed (just once) was the ability to pause and run back on a scene (something the Humax , still stored away, will fix).

I have the impression that more people are staying away after switch off ,nowadays, too, but with rising prices elsewhere, there is a limit to what customers will pay for what is just a luxury.

You must have upset them:D. I got 50% off TV during August. Mind you didn't you suggest that people don;t take out rolling contracts so not that surprised you couldn't get a deal.

Hope you enjoy your Humax:D !! I am enjoying Sky Sports,
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options

people also have more choice like BT TV and Netflix etc.

Im just biding my time and when my offer runs out, I'm off to Netflix
    if Sky dont give me a good deal :)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    You must have upset them:D. I got 50% off TV during August. Mind you didn't you suggest that people don;t take out rolling contracts so not that surprised you couldn't get a deal.

Hope you enjoy your Humax:D !! I am enjoying Sky Sports,
    I did get 50% from retentions and via a personalised leaflet, but I refused as they didn't compare with my about to end 75% off with £100 credit.

You'd have to pay me to watch sports.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I did get 50% from retentions and via a personalised leaflet, but I refused as they didn't compare with my about to end 75% off with £100 credit.

You'd have to pay me to watch sports.

That's life :D !
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Ok so after putting in my notice last month I had multiple daily phone calls from sky which I ignored. Today my TV went off. I went on live chat this evening and was initially offered 50% off. after turning this down and quoting a few figures I was offered 60% off with a £25 credit. I pushed really hard for better, asked them to continue my 75% discount from last year or to increase the amount of credit, but he was adamant he couldn't offer more. In total £30.20 for box sets sports (not HD) and cinema. In the end I accepted but dropped sports (as its not rugby season, might add it again next year) So £22.40 for box sets and cinema.

The offer is for 12 months, he said it's suppose to be an 18 month contract but dropped it to 12 months without me asking. I tried for a rolling contract as that's what I've had previous years, but he said he couldn't do it. Even said I'd leave it and he was willing to let me walk away. In the end it wasn't a deal breaker for me as I probably wouldn't leave anyway without a discount.

He didn't even mention the one off £10 admin fee but I later noticed it had been charged on my account but a credit of £10 had been added.

So looks like 60% and £25 credit really is the best offer at the moment.
  • yymoney
    yymoney Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have the email for the CEO or anyone who will listen to me at SKY I have been grossly overcharged and am getting the run around.

I have emailed the following but no response

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
    estenquiries@bskyb.com
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,510 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yymoney wrote: »
    Does anyone have the email for the CEO or anyone who will listen to me at SKY I have been grossly overcharged and am getting the run around.

[EMAIL="jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com"]jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com[/EMAIL]
    [EMAIL="estenquiries@bskyb.com"]estenquiries@bskyb.com[/EMAIL]

I used the jeremy.darroch email fairly recently (early October) - got phoned on my mobile by Exec Complaints the following day.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    yymoney wrote: »

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
    estenquiries@bskyb.com

Both work but they're not necessarily immediate replies.

Out of interest, in what way were you overcharged?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback