PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    well done to all winners. heres wishing you all a very merry xmas:xmastree:and a healthy and prosperous new year:xmassmileand to all my friends on mse, di,pinknico,max,showergirl,marshalka,:grouphug:arthurdick. if i have missed anyone out sorry, you are lovely people and you deserve health wealth and happiness keep up the good work :xmassign::xmastree:hope you all have a good one :snow_grinand santa brings you :santa2:everything you asked for:snow_laug:xmassmile:xmassmilexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:snow_grin:snow_laug:snow_grin:santa2:
  • skintmumofone
    Options
    Hey guys thanks to everyone on here who have given me lots of support and advise am still waiting on WF and FP paying out and this wont probably be til 2010 but when? anyones guess is as good as mine?
    So I would like to wish everyone a very :xmassign::xmastree:and a very prosperous new year.
    :xmassmile:snow_laug:santa2::snow_grin T x:beer:
    :jLiving Life to the Full :)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    i just want to tell everyone that after nearly 12 months of trying to claim back my ppi from barclays bank, they have now accepted they was at fault and i have just received £4,980, this has come with much help from martins website and just want to say a big thanks! from down loading the template to going onto the next steps to being told no off the bank! to going to the fianancial ombusman, my advice dont give up, i am over the moon with the results.:T:T:T:j:j:beer:

Wow fantastic, well done and Congratulations.:beer::T:beer:
    And :xmassign:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    well done to all winners. heres wishing you all a very merry xmas:xmastree:and a healthy and prosperous new year:xmassmileand to all my friends on mse, di,pinknico,max,showergirl,marshalka,:grouphug:arthurdick. if i have missed anyone out sorry, you are lovely people and you deserve health wealth and happiness keep up the good work :xmassign::xmastree:hope you all have a good one :snow_grinand santa brings you :santa2:everything you asked for:snow_laug:xmassmile:xmassmilexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:snow_grin:snow_laug:snow_grin:santa2:

How lovely amersall, and the same to you and everyone else on here, have the best Christmas ever and also a better year to come for all in 2010.
    :xmastree::xmassign::snow_grin:santa2::snow_laug:xmassmile:rudolf::xmastree::xmassign::snow_grin
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • alishahs
    Options
    Hi all,

Just received a letter from HSBC saying they will pay back £600 inc interest for the graduate persons loan i took out in Sep 2007 for £5000!

They said, although they don't agree to the allegations I made using the template letter and without admission of liability they were willing to repay me the amount.

next day i got a call from my branch asking me to visit them so they could restructure the loan. I havn't got the money as yet as I have to fill in some forms.

Hope they pay me without any hassle!

Are there any catches in the restructuring of the loan???

Happy Christmas...
  • Briggsy.notts
    Options
    So happy that all mine got sorted and it's meant I can pay off my credit card and a small loan I have plus reduced payments each month saving about £150 a month. This has really come at the right time. Here's what I got:

Loan 1 - £2734.79
    Loan 2 - £4730.11

Thank you so much Martin and this site. Without it I would be no better off.
    'Proud to be dealing with my debts'
    20p savers= £158.00 :T DFW Nerd #1061
    Nectar points 3514 Boots Ad Card £21.30
    31/01/10 Loan 1 = £6058, Loan 2 = £8896, Caravan Loan = £12980, HSBC CC = £0 :j Car = £0 :j, Loan 3 = £2490, Overdraft = £0 :j
  • di3004
    Options
    alishahs wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just received a letter from HSBC saying they will pay back £600 inc interest for the graduate persons loan i took out in Sep 2007 for £5000!

They said, although they don't agree to the allegations I made using the template letter and without admission of liability they were willing to repay me the amount.

next day i got a call from my branch asking me to visit them so they could restructure the loan. I havn't got the money as yet as I have to fill in some forms.

Happy Christmas...

Hi and well done to you.:beer::T:beer:

With many loans, if you cancel the PPI, this is the way its mainly done, but I would make sure the rate of the new loan is that equal to the rate on the existing one or better.

Hope this helps and :xmassign:
  • di3004
    Options
    So happy that all mine got sorted and it's meant I can pay off my credit card and a small loan I have plus reduced payments each month saving about £150 a month. This has really come at the right time. Here's what I got:

Loan 1 - £2734.79
    Loan 2 - £4730.11

Thank you so much Martin and this site. Without it I would be no better off.

Well done and Congratulations.:beer::T:beer:
    :xmassign:
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    alishahs wrote: »
    Hi all,

Happy Christmas...

I helped my friend reclaim from HSBC and this was the same process that she followed. Once she had been into the branch, she had her money in her nominated acount within 5 days. They gave her the same rate and reduced her payments over the remaining period. It doesn't affect your credit rating either as they don't do any creidt searches, it is purely a restructuring without PPI.

Good luck, hope you have your money soon!
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Have received a letter today from HBOS regarding a Sainsburys loan from 2002 which was settled in 2004. I am getting a refund of £900 in the next 28 days, would have been nice before Christmas but after is almost as good!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback