PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Just like to let you all know that Clash 1 with Lloyds was a win for me, when I came home yesterday from work there was a letter from Lloyds saying that the amount of£1307.73 will be paid into my account within 21 days.

Great news what a Happy New Year I will have!

The next Clashes are with RBS & Black Horse, 1 down 3 to go, I would like to thank everyone for there advise that I have obtained from reading this Great Site. Thanks MSE.

I hope that the owner & cotributors to this site have a Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year.

I might have more stories for the site in the New Year.

Finally some advise for all the views: as Kate Bush's song states "Don't Give Up"
    Great news for you. Good luck with the others too.:T:T
  • marshallka
    Options
    paulman wrote: »
    Postman arrived this morning with a letter from BOS regarcing my AA Preference account that I have had since 1999 upholding my complaint! Not sure how to work this one out but average of about £35 a month for 10 years plus interest. Will give me a figure and refund in a month. WINNER!!.

Goes to show you can be successful with claims going back a few years.

2 wins in 2 days Merry Bloody Christmas to all at MSE.

Brilliant paulman. Drinks on you:beer::j:T.
  • marshallka
    Options
    tyler119 wrote: »
    I was missold a ppi policy from nationwide back in 2005. I wrote one letter to them explaining the curcumstances at the beginning of November. Within 7 days I had a letter confirming that a investigatation would take place and be completed by 14th December 2009. Yesterday I recieved a letter offering me a full refund of the premiums plus 8% interest. Total figure is 1500 pounds. Very happy, not just with the result but the efficiency of Nationwide in dealing with this. As the loan is not paid of yet, they are reducing my direct debit payment in light of the premiums being stopped!:beer:

Great news for you. Congratulations..:T:T
  • Nigel1974
    Options
    Hi I had a letter today after send my PPI letter to Sainsburys Bank which goes back to 2003 and they are sending me a cheque for £6147. Just bought a house so this money will come in great.

Just awaiting a second letter for a loan again with Sainburys Bank which has only just finished (hope for the same amount)

All I can say to people to just send them a letter via the template off here i did on 10/09/09

NOTE BOS (bank of scotland) are behind sending replies out they was 10days outside of the date they said they would let me know the amounts

Thanks MSE and team :-)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Nigel1974 wrote: »
    Hi I had a letter today after send my PPI letter to Sainsburys Bank which goes back to 2003 and they are sending me a cheque for £6147. Just bought a house so this money will come in great.

Just awaiting a second letter for a loan again with Sainburys Bank which has only just finished (hope for the same amount)

All I can say to people to just send them a letter via the template off here i did on 10/09/09

NOTE BOS (bank of scotland) are behind sending replies out they was 10days outside of the date they said they would let me know the amounts

Hello and welcome.;)

Fantastic, well done and Congratulations.:beer::beer::j:j:T:T
    And :xmassign:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Melaniep101
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: Loan PPI
    Who was the provider: Black Horse
    How much did you get back: £2691
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Template Letter
    And then write your brief reclaim tale - I gave this a try last year using the template letters, to which I got a no, on the grounds that Black Horse were'nt regulated by the FOS at the time of my original loan application. I kinda gave up and thought thats that, but after reading the PPI threads on MSE, I got angry!! I decided I was gonna get MY money back and sent off the 1st template letter again expecting a fight. To my delight, I recieved a reply last week to say that as a "goodwill gesture" they would refund the PPI on all 3 loans plus 8% interest :j

If anyone is debating whether to claim their PPI back - I say DO IT!! Definately worth it!!

Mel
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Template Letter
    And then write your brief reclaim tale - I gave this a try last year using the template letters, to which I got a no, on the grounds that Black Horse were'nt regulated by the FOS at the time of my original loan application. I kinda gave up and thought thats that, but after reading the PPI threads on MSE, I got angry!! I decided I was gonna get MY money back and sent off the 1st template letter again expecting a fight. To my delight, I recieved a reply last week to say that as a "goodwill gesture" they would refund the PPI on all 3 loans plus 8% interest :j

If anyone is debating whether to claim their PPI back - I say DO IT!! Definately worth it!!

Mel

Hi Mel, this is fab :T:T
    Well done and Congratulations.:beer::j:beer:
    Also :xmassign:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • beth3735
    beth3735 Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    beth3735 wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: Loan
    • Who was the provider: Lloyds
    • How much did you get back: £1159
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: I got it back after 1 letter.
    • I sent a letter to Lloyds for 2 Loans, This is the 1st payment for 1 loan. The letter was sent on the 16th of October and they took less than 2 months to issue payment as its in my bank this morning :)! They have also accepted Liability for the other loan just awaiting calculations.
    Thank you so much especially to DI who has helped me out with all my questions as I was new to all of this. :T:T:j:j

Plus I also got back £100 good will offer from MBNA, as It was an online application I didnt really have a good leg to stand on, But even so £100 is better than nothing :)

I will update when my 2nd Loan comes through xx

Just to update I got my £328.60 in my bank today from my 2nd loan off Lloyds. Both were paid into my bank in less that 7 days even though they said on the letter I will get it within 21 days :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped me :)
    I am so pleased to over got just under £1500 off Lloyds in 1 month after all the money they have took off me :)
  • gerryscot
    Options

Mel
    Yippee...:j:j Another MSE winner in the Black Horse Race.
    :T:T:T:T
    Congratulations, :beer: :beer: I'm delighted for you.:j:j

"Black Horse’s Piggy Bank has another good bashing
    due to MSE success" :eek: :eek: :eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Gerry x x :D:D :beer: :beer:
  • gerryscot
    Options
    Nigel1974 wrote: »

Yippee..:j :jCongratulations to another MSE Winner :money::money::T:T:T
    Fantastic result Nigel1974,:j:j:j

Best of luck in your new home.:beer: :j:j
    Gerry x :D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business