🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• inapickle78
    Options
    Claimed from Barclaycard last year and was unsuccessful as they felt that I'd been properly advised at the time of selling. This year, they wrote to me and asked me to re-submit my application in light of the Plevin ruling, so I did. They wrote to me advising it was taking longer than they anticipated to look at my complaint. Then last week got a text saying they'd paid but didn't say how much i.e. claim successful. Really thought they'd be like here's a tenner, off you go. Checked my bank account later that day.... £2,400 paid in by Barclays. I've not had any paperwork so no idea which account this relates to (had a Barclaycard and an Egg card).

Success! Now submitting for the other 17 accounts I've managed to dig up....:j

This is pretty much what's happened for me too. PPI claim rejected on both Barclaycard and Egg Card (now Barclaycard) then received letter in November saying I could make a new type of claim owing to the high commission. Also had the delay letter on both within the last two weeks, then had confirmation of claim upheld and cheque for nearly £2000 for Barclaycard - I haven't really read the letter to properly understand how they've calculated such a refund, but was much more than expected. Still waiting on letter reference the Egg card but they told me on the phone that has been upheld too, but again unsure how much that might be.

Have had success with Capital One card and a Lloyds personal loan, so currently clawed back £3000 which has been most helpful.
    We're in the process of enquiring with Canada Life on an old Egg loan too.
    Can I just say a massive thank you for the wonderful Resolver tools! I was loathe to go through a claims management company, so you've saved me both time and money. It really could not be easier!
  • Donny1
    Options
    quick question - looking into using Resolver to progress a claim but what are views on claiming for missold PPI on a credit card where there is still a high balance? I have no doubt that part of the build up of balance was the PPI payments over the years. the PPI has been cancelled now but should I claim or could they close my account (which I can't risk).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They won't close your account.

But speed up the process by sending the complaint direct, rather than via Resolver.
  • morganron
    Options
    On 11th Sept 2017 I made two ppi complaints using Resolver re Plevin with Capital One and Santander, Capital One paid up within two weeks however Santander are still saying there has been a delay and are still looking into the complaint, just called them again on 9/2/18 and told again if I have not heard anything in three weeks call again !!!!! Anyone else being given this run around with Santander ?
  • Matt_C74
    Options
    Do Plevin complaints have the same rules as others? ie. They have 6 or 8 weeks to issue a full & final and if they don't you have the right to forward your complaint to the FOS?
  • Quaint1
    Quaint1 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 12 February 2018 at 4:19PM
    Options
    I'm posting to say a huge "Thank you" - if it hadn't been for the piece about Plevin claims a while ago, I would never have got the letter that arrived this morning.
    I didn't bother claiming mis-sold PPI on either of the two credit cards I had because I thought it wasn't worth it. However, when I saw the Plevin article on one of the MSE newsletters, I thought I might have more of a chance, so I followed the links, used the MSE tools and waited. I got responses from the various companies - three for one of the cards, and today got an offer from one of them (Santander, who took over what started as an RBS card, then Alliance and Leicester run by MNBA) stating that, as I hadn't claimed mis-sold PPI, they investigated that too and decided I HAD been mis-sold, so an offer of £3386.11!:rotfl:
    I was only expecting, if successful, a couple of hundred quid, so this is a major result! And I still have to hear from the other credit card company... The acceptance letter is in the post!
  • Tan78
    Tan78 Posts: 8 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    On 4th Jan I sent a Plevin PPI claim to Capital One after previously making a PPI claim in 2012 and it was not upheld I had received a letter from them asking me to reclaim under Plevin. I didn’t really expect to get much back but thought I had nothing to loose so I used resolver and submitted all my information. Today, I have received a letter from Capital one and they’re paying me £2319.43 and I will receive a cheque in 10 days. Happy days :T:j:T.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thankyou again :T

Did the resolver tool thingy and just added all accounts that I could remember. No account numbers just names and addresses.

Reached the 8 week deadline with TSB today so called up to check on progress. So glad I did. £2,398 cheque will be winging its way to us as we speak. Apparently 2 CCs and a loan. I have no recollection of the credit cards at all. The loan was from around the time of year 1998-2000.

Also waiting for my £187 plevin to be paid in to my bank.

So happy right now as I knew nothing of this until :money: made me aware.

Thankyou Martin Lewis you are a saint.
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • andyca
    andyca Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rick55 wrote: »
    I initially used a claims company to find if I had outstanding ppi. The Halifax disclosed p.p.i. on two previous accounts. On pursuing the claim myself the Halifax sent me a six (yes 6!) page questionnaire for EACH account. Now, at this moment I'm of the belief that this is a stall tactic : 1. Halifax identified these accounts on disclosure.
    2. Evidently, Halifax already have the details of these.
    3. On recognition of p.p.i. on these,what prevents Halifax
    following this up with the information it already has?
    Has anyone else had this from the bank "that's always giving you extra" hassle ??

I just got this Questionnaire, it's 12 pages for me (6 double sided), I'm concerned they are just trying to put people off or trying to get people to trip themselves up.
    I've got no idea how much PPI I've paid, could be £1 could be £10,000, I just found a random letter in the bottom of a filing cabinet telling me I had it on a credit card 15 years ago.

I'm not sure if I should use the resolver tool or complete the form and send it back to Halifax?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No one is trying to trip you up. You just fill out what you know and leave what you don't.

If you use Resolver, you'll add confusion and delay into the process and then need to fill out the Halifax form at a later date.

Grab a pen and just get on with it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport